1.    #1  
    I lost my voice today, and can't speak a word. I've got calls to return.

I was on Sprintpcs about a week ago, and I recall seeing something about sending a text to a landline, then the person picking it up will hear it. Now I can't find it. I need this only for people whose e-mail addresses I don't have, of course.

Thanks so much. I need to communicate with the world ASAP.
    End of Line.
    Well...I remember seeing something with the words text and landline in the same thread title. If you want that same link, you'll have to search TC for it!! But I don't think it was quite the same thing as what you're looking for.

I remember my friend showing me internet relay phonecalls, though. They're supposed to be for deaf people...but we used them for more amusing purposes. This sounds like it'd suit your purposes well...plus the people can respond to you instantly in text! Neat, huh?

Anyway...here's the link: http://www.relaycall.com/national/relay.html

Don't have TOO much fun with that!
    All you have to do is send a text message to a landline phone number instead of a cell number. Sprint will do the text-to-voice and call the landline number. When the end user pics it up a voice says there is a message from your phone number and then it will speak the message. Works pretty well. Try sending one to your own landline phone.

After received, Sprint will send an SMS receipt back to your phone telling you it was answered and received or even if a voice mail or answering machine picked it up.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  4.    #4  
    Oh, my... didn't know I'd get a real person. I feel pretty bad. Oh well.

I tried the direct through Sprint route, worked. But it said "standard rates apply" and it was available for a limited time. Hope that means free, since I have unlimited texting.

Thanks so much!
    End of Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    All you have to do is send a text message to a landline phone number instead of a cell number. Sprint will do the text-to-voice and call the landline number. When the end user pics it up a voice says there is a message from your phone number and then it will speak the message. Works pretty well. Try sending one to your own landline phone.

After received, Sprint will send an SMS receipt back to your phone telling you it was answered and received or even if a voice mail or answering machine picked it up.
    NEATO!!!

I tried it...but it didn't work. How long is it supposed to take?? It's been like 10 minutes already!!
  6.    #6  
    It's supposed to be instantaneously. I mean, really fast. Only thing I can think of is that they cancelled it today, or you're really dialing a cell phone or you have the wrong number. Unlikely, though.
    End of Line.
    I had someone on the boards send me one and I got it instantly. Then I had the user's # and proceeded to annoy him with text messages for a while.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Hmm...I tried it 3 times to 3 different landline numbers. No success!!

Ahh...oh well, I'd prolly never have a real need for this, but it woulda been cool nonetheless.
    It might only be available in certain area codes/markets. It's just in trial mode right now.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery