1.    #1  
    but i just got my second treo replacement for VZW, and the reception is MUCH better. I compared it to my trusty 600, and the 650 had it beat by two bars in some areas. not only that, but before, the 650 was pretty much at 2 bars all the time, now its at 4 everywhere i go for the most part.

i also noticed the keys are much sturdier and not as loose as the other ones. maybe, just maybe they clamped down on QC with Palm. Anyways, I am optimistic, but it is still too early to tell. i will keep up to date on this,

ps hardware B VZW 1.03 FW
    Good to know (since some people still havent...ahem...upgraded ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Hardware B?

Interesting
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    yes B, i thought that interesting as well. Are most of them still A?
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    yes B, i thought that interesting as well. Are most of them still A?
    Yours is the first I've heard anyone mention of "B", thats why I asked. I'm wondering if all VZW phones are "B", or if this is the second wave of phones.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Just a note that Palm quality control is fairly lax. When I had to replace my 600 because of orange spots the repalcement phone was dark and yellow. I asked for another which was brighter and more accurate color than my original.
    Each phone had a test sheet with it (but they only check for voltage levels and rf levels, nothing for displays or otehr things) Even the rf values varied quite a bit.