1.    #1  
    I've had my Treo 650 for about 2 months now and decided to go the pay as you go route. I didn't plan on using very much data and wanted the phone primarily for it's pim functionality. I've checked my email occasionally and looked up movie times and such using approximately 100 kb each month. Everytime I received my bill, I didn't get charged for any data usage. I thought this was a bit odd and never really thought about it. Just today I noticed something in my service profile about my data plan. It says:

Pda/Smrt Brbnd 5mb $0
    Unit allowance 5120 kb
    Additional unit charges $.0080 1x

I was just curious if anyone else has this plan. I've searched around and really haven't found any information about people getting this added to their account.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by minhaferzz
    I've had my Treo 650 for about 2 months now and decided to go the pay as you go route. I didn't plan on using very much data and wanted the phone primarily for it's pim functionality. I've checked my email occasionally and looked up movie times and such using approximately 100 kb each month. Everytime I received my bill, I didn't get charged for any data usage. I thought this was a bit odd and never really thought about it. Just today I noticed something in my service profile about my data plan. It says:

Pda/Smrt Brbnd 5mb $0
    Unit allowance 5120 kb

I was just curious if anyone else has this plan. I've searched around and really haven't found any information about people getting this added to their account.
    Read several threads mentioning that they were overcharged w/ bills as high as $1000 because they were on the "pay as you go plan" make sure you watch your bill...
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Yeah I've created a couple threads about this data plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by minhaferzz
    Pda/Smrt Brbnd 5mb $0
    Unit allowance 5120 kb

Based on the info you supplied, I called a VZW business rep. He indicated this was not available any more, probably something from before. If you can provide more details (i.e., by calling VZW and getting a feature code or something similar) then maybe the rest of us could find out more about present availability.