Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    can someone please suggest the best treo 650 offer for a family plan with minimum monthly charges. Also don't use a lot of minutes (150 to 200 min/month usage). data plan would be nice if there isn't much difference between non-data and data plan. Currently using tmo but the only problem is I have very poor coverage at my home otherwise get signal everywhere I have been. I don't want to leave tmo but the coverage at my home is so bad that if I am getting 1 or 2 bars and even I move my unlocked treo 650 about couple of inches I loose the signal suddenly.

I know this has been discussed in many threads but would appreciate if someone suggest me some good options. I bought the unlocked treo about a month ago through p1.I am in philly, PA can anyone within this area suggest the sprint's coverage?
    You might get more help posting this in the Service Providers forums?

FWIW - I'm on a Cing Family Plan, switched from T-Mo to Cing due to poor T-Mo coverage, much happier now. But, your area might be different. You minute usage is so low - the lowest I see in Cing is 500 mins with rollover.

Good luck.
    Well, if you want good coverage anywhere, VZW is the carrier to use. They're more pricey to start, but the share plans are $10 each additional line.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Well...if price is your main concern, then Sprint's definitely the way to go.

Get the Fair & Flexible family plan. Second line is free (I believe), and each additional line is $10/mo. Data is also $10/mo for the 650 if you want it (YOU DO! YOU DO!)...and the data part is where Sprint really excells compared to their competitors' prices of $40+/mo. No carrier has anything similar to the fair and flexible plan. They start you out with 800 minutes and if you go over, you don't have to pay ridiculous $0.20-$0.40/min overages! Once your reach your limit, you move to the next level which is another 100 min. for $5....

Just talk to Sprint and try their service. IMO, it's at least as good of coverage/quality as Verizon. The only 2 places I've had trouble with are my grandfather's farm in Oklahoma (only GSM gets reception out there)...and Tennessee during the Bonnaroo festival with a huge crowd of like 90,000 people (it was more of the overcrowding than the location, because in the morning time while everybody was sleeping I could get great reception).

BTW, don't get Sprint's insurance. Get State Farm's Personal Articles Policy (PAP). Here's the comparison:

----------------------------------Sprint-------State Farm
    Premium (per year) --------- $60 ---------- $30
    Deductible (per accident) -- $50 ---------- $ 0

It might be just a little tougher to file a claim when you do need a replacement versus Sprint's lock/line insurance company....but, the price difference is a big factor for me.
    Last edited by grndslm; 07/21/2005 at 02:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone for their reply. Will let you know what I decide finally. In the mean time, more suggestions welcome.
    As "grndslm" said. yes I would love to have data plan if you really want to explore the true potential of your treo.