Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Is it true that the 100 dollar rebate is applied immediately and that I can cancel it the next day or 2 days later? Does this work if ordered over the phone as well?

And to keep it from connecting to the net and charging me (yes I am insane and do not want to use data ) then I create a fake network account and will never get charged for data?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I've never heard of a $100 data rebate. Perhaps you are talking about the rebate for the phone hardware when you sign up for service? If so, the rebate takes far longer to get back to you than the money back guarantee period.

Joe
    We just discussed this a couple days ago in this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=90688

But, to expand on my experience:
    The $100 was applied immediately to my phone, bringing it down to $299. There was no indication on the receipt regarding the discount being for the unlimited data plan. I called up customer service just a day later and asked them to cancel the plan. I was not hassled whatsoever.

While I was at it, I even got a business discount of 8% off my monthly bill for working for Yahoo! They have a bunch of other discounts, just like Sprint does.

One more discount I got: As has been noted before, you're unlikely to find somebody who will stack the $100 unlimited data discount with the $100 new every two discount. But, the salesperson I talked to did give me a special loyalty discount on accessories. When you buy the phone, you get a discount on accessories regardless. But, there's an additional loyalty discount of $40 or $50 (depending on what plan you sign up for). So, I got a case, a car charger and a bluetooth headset (Motorola HS820) for just $60 (regularly $130 - combo for $100, minus $40).
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    so you can have no data plan on the 650 on VZW and not get charged KB usage? I will not be using the email services etc, so...how did you do it?

Also, are you sure they are not going to charge the 100$ to the account a month down the road after they see you cancelled the data plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by ero2
    so you can have no data plan on the 650 on VZW and not get charged KB usage? I will not be using the email services etc, so...how did you do it?

Also, are you sure they are not going to charge the 100$ to the account a month down the road after they see you cancelled the data plan?
    I'm accessing the internet via the Roadrunner script that is posted here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=21713

Basically, I'm accessing the internet through a dial-up connection that I get free through my roadrunner service. This allows me to use the internet and just use minutes, rather than having a separate data plan.

As for getting charged $100 down the road for cancelling early...well if they try that, I'll raise hell with their customer support, since it wasn't really mentioned to me any time what the terms of the rebate were, nor is it stated anywhere in my contract.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    so I could do the same thing as you but make up a fake or dummy account so when it tries to connect it can't thus, not using any data? assuming I am on the per kb plan?