1.    #1  
    Hi Everyone,

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my first Treo (650) that I just upgraded to with Verizon. I have a question about the data plan that the verizon customer service rep could not answer. If I have the unlimited data plan, how does that affect my voice minutes when I check email or use the internet? Thanks!
    voice minutes is totally different than data usage. (unless you have an old MOU plan where data tiem was taken out of voice minutes)
    You could rack up data and not use any voice minutes.
    That's the way it's supposed to be at least. If they start charging you minutes on top of data, flag it to them.
    No - but MAKE SURE they have you on the data plan. Mine fell through and I got a whopping of a bill. Call right after you get it to confirm your plan.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  4.    #4  
    Thanks to you both for telling me the way it is supposed to be. The 2nd Verizon customer service rep said, "uh well it uh matters on what you're doing. if it's email it won't but if it's something else it will take your (voice) minutes up..." Of course he really seemed to be talking out of his rearend at this point.
    He probably conused it with Mobile Web.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    None of the Verizon CSR understands any of their plans.