1.    #1  
    Ohhhh I am so mad...Last month I had over 1,000+ minutes used for data calls on my Treo 650, Verizon refused to credit my bill back 100% of the data calls (that I didn't even use) and now my bill this month has the same thing...what do I do and has anyone experienced this and know how to get this taken care of?? (# 777-000-0001,# 000-000-0068 etc.)

I am so upset, I literally had a fight last month to get $100 + taken off and now I have to go through it again for data calls I didn't make...

FYI I DONT have data set up on my phone either...how is this happening? HELP!
    Why do you have a Treo if you aren't using data? Data includes uploading pictures and video, sending and receiving e-mail, web browsing, etc. If you use any of the features on your Treo and see the signal strength image on the top right side of the screen with little arrows, you are using data (it means you are connected).
    Quote Originally Posted by denisenicole
    Ohhhh I am so mad...Last month I had over 1,000+ minutes used for data calls on my Treo 650, Verizon refused to credit my bill back 100% of the data calls (that I didn't even use) and now my bill this month has the same thing...what do I do and has anyone experienced this and know how to get this taken care of?? (# 777-000-0001,# 000-000-0068 etc.)

I am so upset, I literally had a fight last month to get $100 + taken off and now I have to go through it again for data calls I didn't make...

FYI I DONT have data set up on my phone either...how is this happening? HELP!
    hi denisenicole. my vzw 650 would automatically connect to the internet(red lite comes on and blue arrows next to anntena would come on. to solve this problem you can disable the connection.
    go to pref and under communications tap the network button. the service button should say national access.tap service button and then tap untitled. and hit done. that should do it. check it by trying to connect to the internet by tapping web icon on the desktop icon. if disconnected it should say error incomplete set up, check network setting. so when this beast connects automatically, it won't.
    to answer burnouts thread of "why do you have a treo if not using data plan???
    cause i want a phone and pda in one so as NOT to carry multiple devices..thats why..bonehead.
    Quote Originally Posted by drpmr1
    cause i want a phone and pda in one so as NOT to carry multiple devices..thats why..bonehead.
    It was a valid question, due to the nature of the device, and did not appear to be made in a negative fashion. As to your comment, perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the Forum Guidelines:
    No flames. Don't insult people. Even if they disagree with you. We do not stand for that.
    Bonehead.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    drpmr1.. I think it was a bit much to come at burnout that way for simply asking a question and then trying to help someone at the same time. It's great to want to help someone but what is it really good for if your tossing somebody else in the mud at the same time
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by drpmr1
    hi denisenicole. my vzw 650 would automatically connect to the internet(red lite comes on and blue arrows next to anntena would come on. to solve this problem you can disable the connection.
    go to pref and under communications tap the network button. the service button should say national access.tap service button and then tap untitled. and hit done. that should do it. check it by trying to connect to the internet by tapping web icon on the desktop icon. if disconnected it should say error incomplete set up, check network setting. so when this beast connects automatically, it won't.
    I did this and "untitled" is not an option. There is only one option and it is "National Access". What do I do in this case?
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Also, go get the software app called Battery Doctor. Set it to disconnect the data connection after your screen turns off.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    If you will not be using data, you have the choice on Verizon of having no Internet plan. Otherwise there is a pay as you go plan (or $25 prepaid which isn't worth it.) It adds up very quickly. If you have connected frequently and sent a lot of data, Verizon assumes that you know what you're doing since there is data being transmitted in quantity and regularly.

That said, I'm confused. Are you telling me that you are being charged for minutes used? Many Verizon reps are beyond confused with their own plans because of their prior MOU (minutes of usage) plans where you were charged for minutes of time connected, not amount of data. That was supposed to be changed with the Treo to a non-timed data quantity plan but apparently their systems didn't always handle things correctly. You need to determine exactly how you got charged.

In addition, I've had so many people ask me why I got a Treo 600 if I wasn't using it for the wireless Internet frequently (I typed email and sent when I synced.) It also baffled me that people didn't first consider that it was a phone and PDA replacement and automatically assumed that it must have been to send data.
    I had the problem on several of our vzw 650s had $4,700 in overages on my phone during first month they were charging data minutes towards the voice minute plan even though had the 44.95 unlimited data plan. took at least 10 calls to vzw to get it straightend out and the credits to get applied same phone numbers as above.
    Yup. I got a bill for about $500 in overages due to data being charged as minutes. It took countless calls to get it credited back and now they say they can't send me a corrected bill. I need this to get reimbursed from my company (a public school actually). I was finally able to get a rep to fix the whole mess and and promise to fax me a letter within 24 hrs. explaining the charges--a compromise I didn't think I should have to make, but it would have been acceptable. Well, later that day, still no fax and my data stopped working altogether. After several more calls I got data working again but still no letter. I have called this rep 10 times since that day last week and he has yet to send me the fax and will not respond to my voicemails. In fact, he will not even respond to my sales rep's calls (I have a government account and he is a goverment/non-profit sales rep.)

Verizon...they have the best network but are the most loathed company in my long list of bad companies. I hated them when they were New England Telephone, NYNEx, Bell Atlantic and now I hate them as Verizon.
    Verizon's customer service has been extremely poor recently in my experience. I'm not sure if they're outsourcing to a particular company, or aren't properly training their employees, but it's becoming increasingly frustrating.
    I agree with PabloTX that Verizon's customer service has been really shaky lately. I just got my Treo this week and everytime you call them to ask a question to be sure that my data plan is correct and other account related questions it's hit or miss whether you'll get an answer, and the chances of getting a consistent answer are slim to none. Still 900 times better than Sprint though, those guys really tick me off.
    I had data minutes charged, even though I have the unlimited data plan. I got it credited easily the first month, and haven't had a problem since.
    Quote Originally Posted by wingfan
    I agree with PabloTX that Verizon's customer service has been really shaky lately. I just got my Treo this week and everytime you call them to ask a question to be sure that my data plan is correct and other account related questions it's hit or miss whether you'll get an answer, and the chances of getting a consistent answer are slim to none. Still 900 times better than Sprint though, those guys really tick me off.
    I've never had "OVERAGE" charges w/Sprint. $10 unlimited data. And with the merger w/Nextel more towers...!!!