Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    1,200,000 since may 1st. I guess I'm a lightweight dataholic
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Approx 267000k since June 18.

I don't even own a laptop and have never used BTDUN.

I do stream PTunes from time to time.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    651,204 since November. Goodness I'm a wimp.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Personally, I think Sprint lets most people slide. I don't really think they are being nice about it per se, but it seems like it. I would rather it stay the way it is where they allow occasional use of DUN and go after the people that abuse it. I rarely use DUN, but it's nice to use when I need it.

I'd hate for this to be abused so much that Sprint turns it off completely. I know everyone would hate that and we'd all be pissed. I know I would be! If you plan on using DUN all the darn time, pay for it. Let the rest of us occasional users keep it the way it is.

Joe
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Sprint has no data plan for using DUN at this point. Do you see one somewhere? I like being able to use DUN ocassionally, but wouldn't pay more than $20 a month for that capability.

iPhone 3G ..:.. Jailbroken 16GB Black
    AT&T 8925 Tilt ..:.. WM 6.1 ..:.. SIM/CID unlocked
    BlackBerry 8830 ..:.. Work phone
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY
    Sprint has no data plan for using DUN at this point. Do you see one somewhere? I like being able to use DUN ocassionally, but wouldn't pay more than $20 a month for that capability.
    According to the email the thread creator got, they ask people to put a data plan on their account like you would for a PCMCIA data card.

Joe
    Agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    651,204 since November. Goodness I'm a wimp.
    I've got you beat. 266000+ since November. I need to start posting more from the Treo.....
    I'm back!
    Do hard resets (and therefore firmware upgrades) reset the data counter at all?
    Do hard resets (and therefore firmware upgrades) reset the data counter at all?
    I would think they have to. My minutes and data usage seems awfully low for having had the Treo since November.
    I'm back!
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    no, they do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    no, they do not.
    How does it not, unless it's transmitted from Sprint (or whoever) to your phone? A hard reset would've wiped your RAM clean, and obviously those statistics aren't stored in ROM.
    I'm back!
    They may be stored in your phone in the same place as the firmware, which does not get reset by a hard reset.
    They may be stored in your phone in the same place as the firmware, which does not get reset by a hard reset.
    But your firmware is in ROM, and since these statistics are constantly being updated, that would be a lot of writing to ROM, which is read only by nature. I doubt that the Treo is overlaying a portion of ROM all the time to maintain these stats.
    I'm back!
    OK KRamsauer, time for you to do a hard reset and let us know what happens .

Try the zero out reset too while you're at it .

(Hey anyone with a backup tool including me could try it, but I'd rather not .)
    Okay. I'll give it a shot.
    I have 320,478 since January 05. I've streamed PTunes a few times, but not much.
    No. It doesn't reset with a hard reset. Interestingly, you have to have the phone mode on to check your usage. So it might be on Sprint's servers.
    No. It doesn't reset with a hard reset. Interestingly, you have to have the phone mode on to check your usage. So it might be on Sprint's servers.

Anyone try a zero-out reset? I recall reading somewhere that this may reset the counter?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    What about the call log. Is that cleared out? Just wondering. Since I've got some very old call log information from my old T600 which I'm pretty sure I hard rebooted a few times before pulling up that old information.

Like Gfunk mentioned, maybe a zero-out would do something different.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast