Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Didn't see it posted yet, and it seems to be new for SPCS customers. Send SMS/Text Messages to any landline... Haven't tried it yet so I have no idea how well it works.

Sprint PCS - Text to Landline

Wonder how fast the novelty of this will wear off?
    Cool! Since I am deaf, especially useful. I have seen services like this before but it cost $$.
    Pete
    Yes you read it right, plus it works well, even bad words . Just send a text from your Treo/any Sprint cell phone to any landline # and they will receive it, and they can respond back to you. Just some info. for ya all....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    But how much does it cost
    Pretty cool, but how do we hear voice replies?
    I'll elaborate.

I sent myself an sms to my work number from my treo.
    My work phone rang and a voice said that there was a text to landline message sent from someone (someone being the number of the sender). Then asked to press 1 to listen to message, so I pressed one.
    It read the sms out loud to me bright and clear. then presented me with two options, reply by voice or reply by text.
    I chose reply by voice and said my message and pressed 1. system told me that the reply was sent.
    I then get a sms saying that I got a reply and to press TALK to listen to it. There's not TALK button or option in the SMS window.

so how to i listen to this reply?
    along for the ride
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    So if you have unlimited SMS, I assume you can use this all you want for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blademonkey
    Pretty cool, but how do we hear voice replies?
    I'll elaborate.

I sent myself an sms to my work number from my treo.
    My work phone rang and a voice said that there was a text to landline message sent from someone (someone being the number of the sender). Then asked to press 1 to listen to message, so I pressed one.
    It read the sms out loud to me bright and clear. then presented me with two options, reply by voice or reply by text.
    I chose reply by voice and said my message and pressed 1. system told me that the reply was sent.
    I then get a sms saying that I got a reply and to press TALK to listen to it. There's not TALK button or option in the SMS window.

so how to i listen to this reply?
    When you get the sms saying that you got a reply etc, just select "respond" then select "call sender" you will then be able to listen to the message.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Or just tap the number that shows up in the reply to dial it and retrieve your reply.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    cool feature. will other carriers allow this?
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    Its part of your texting plan until October 2, 2005. Then I believe their will be a different charge. I believe Rogers is also doing this.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    A link: www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ueContent.jsp?scTopic=txt2landline

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    So if you have unlimited SMS, I assume you can use this all you want for free?
    It certainly looks that way. At least until October 12th.
    Anyone here try it yet? I tried it a couple of times (1 SMS to home phone, 1 SMS to work phone) and it didn't seem to work -- neither phone received a call or message.

Probably not something I'd use regularly, but just wanted to try it out.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by karenct
    Anyone here try it yet? I tried it a couple of times (1 SMS to home phone, 1 SMS to work phone) and it didn't seem to work -- neither phone received a call or message.

I've heard of others that have had "hit or miss" experiences with it so far. I haven't had a chance to try yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by karenct

Same here (no call)

I'd assume they are still in the testing stage.
    Pete
    I tried it here at work...however, not sure if the girls in billing got it or not...I did see if the faq's though that delivery will be attempted and if no answer the only way it will save is if the individual has sprint VM on the line.
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEMT
    Cool! Since I am deaf, especially useful. I have seen services like this before but it cost $$.
    Since you're handicapped you may be able to get them to let you use it indefinitely at no additional charge.

I've found a lot of ways around "fees for this and that" when the things are a necessity for my blind hubby.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Since you're handicapped you may be able to get them to let you use it indefinitely at no additional charge.

I've found a lot of ways around "fees for this and that" when the things are a necessity for my blind hubby.

Pamela
    Hmm maybe, but when it comes to Sprint I'd file it as "not likely"
    Pete
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast