Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki
    Cool, cool feature as told by Scandalex. I think it's a feature that some people might find VERY usefull, depending on the cost...
    One thing she didn't mention, you can answer with your own voice too.

And now that it's available, I hope they will give you the option of looking up ALL nombers for each contact in the SMS app.
    I tried it out on the first day it became available and we we're never given the option to use our own voice; in fact, if you didnt reply with one of the pre-programmed messages, the call was just disconnected like you were done.

Just now I sent a T2L, the person on the other end rec'd it; and even replied. On my phone I got the confirmation and its says press TALK to listen; but TALK wasnt highlighted. So I call my VM to see if there was a message there; nothing.

EDIT

I just realized that the number to call to listen to the message is the one that comes through after the message as been left. Just press that number and you'll hear the reply message.
    Last edited by scandalex; 07/19/2005 at 05:48 PM.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by phildro
    It works here...I could even send to a comma-delimited list for multiple land line recipients.

The one problem with the Treo software is that the lookup feature won't find numbers listed as home or office lines...somebody needs to issue a patch for that, or else I have to key in each number from memory. Anybody think of a workaround for this, other than changing every contact to a mobile number?
    phildro - I don't use the SMS app to initiate text messages for this very reason. Instead, I use TAKEphONE to do the name/company search and then click on the SMS button once I found the contact. I am then given the choice to select from any of the numbers. Hope this helps.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    phildro - I don't use the SMS app to initiate text messages for this very reason. Instead, I use TAKEphONE to do the name/company search and then click on the SMS button once I found the contact. I am then given the choice to select from any of the numbers. Hope this helps.
    I'm in the same boat - anyway to get a 650 to recongize all numbers as SMS available?

I just texted a girl I had a first date with last night, and I did it at around 11 PM or so ------- and I thought I was texting her cell ------ now I'm wondering if its her home phone, and if I just woke her up with a scary, robotic, operator

oh well........ you can only "LOL" about these things!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Note: SprintPCS offers a service called "Text to Landline". I ignored a call and sent a SMS message (testing SharkMSG) to my home number when calling from it to my Sprint Treo 650.

I got a message from Sprint on my Treo 650, "Your message was addressed to a landline # 555-555-5555. 4 a limited time send msgs to a landline # using Sprint Text to Landline service! Std rates apply.

On the home phone, I received a call from an automated service indicating that I received a text message from #555-555-5555 and then it read the message to me.

On the Treo, I got another message that read, "Your message was successfully delivered to a person at 555-555-5555. Thanks for using Text to Landline".

Pretty cool, but what will it cost me? I am in the Detroit MI market.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    Note: SprintPCS offers a service called "Text to Landline". I ignored a call and sent a SMS message (testing SharkMSG) to my home number when calling from it to my Sprint Treo 650.

<Note: Merged with existing thread!?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by topher
    Wonder how fast the novelty of this will wear off?
    My friend and I use this all the time. Won't become as popular regular SMS, but will be used by some quite a bit.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Yes, this came out a few months ago. It's on trial through January 31, 2006. The big question, which Sprint hasn't posted yet, is what will it cost when the trial is over?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Yup, months ago !
    The strange thang is that no one a Sprint PCS CS knew anything about the text to landline when I call today about the cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by tymerock
    The strange thang is that no one a Sprint PCS CS knew anything about the text to landline when I call today about the cost.
    Not surprising. It's still on a trial basis, so I wouldn't expect the CSRs to have a clue about it. Probably the only people that have a clue about the future cost is the business office.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by tymerock
    From the website linked in the first message: The Text to Landline trial period has been extended through January 31, 2006. During this trial period, Sprint PCS subscribers can send a text message to a landline phone at standard domestic text messaging rates!

So, whatever they're charging for our standard text messaging is what they're currently charging for this. Not sure if the "domestic" rate applies to messages sent internationally. Might cause a Sprint circuit to blow!
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    <merged>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    For all of you who this does not work for i have the solution (at least it was my problem). i sent a email to the text to landline support ( support@TeleMessage.com ) and this was the reply.

The destination number, XXX-XXX-XXXX, is not listed as a landline number in the text message intercarrier network. The message was not routed to us by the intercarrier network provider so that the message could be delivered to the landline destination as Text to Landline messages.

We are having the listings for this number changed to a landline destination by the intercarrier network provider. You will then be able to send Text to Landline messages to this destination. The change will take a few days to complete.

Best regards,

TeleMessage Customer Service

"Get the message!"

========================

TeleMessage

http://www.telemessage.com/
    Hope this helps
    also check out the link at the end of the email
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Just had text messaging added to my account and the business rep told me about this on her own. Says she uses it to text her mum all the time. Standard text messaging rates apply as well as calling charges to the reply number. So if you have text messaging its included, if not, its $0.10 per, and of course you are using your anytime minutes to call back the number to hear the reply.

Cool feature, I've been playing with it all morning...

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Be careful... I've read that text to landline is free only for a limited time. The deadline was extended to 1/31/06 last I heard. Maybe they extended again. I also find it useful but not useful enough to pay extra for it.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    From the sprint site

Text 2 Landline FAQs
    What is Text to Landline?
    Text to Landline lets you send text messages, which will be converted to voice, to any landline phone in the United States.

How do I send a Text to Landline message?
    Just type a text message from your Sprint PCS® Phone and enter the 10-digit phone number in the TO field as you would with a regular text message. Also see "How do I sign up for Text to Landline?".

How do I sign up for Text to Landline?
    Text to Landline is available to all Sprint text messaging customers. Simply send a text message to a landline destination. Prior to delivering the first message you will receive an opt-in text message telling you that the message is destined for a landline phone.

How does it work?
    The recipient's phone will ring and when it is answered your text message will be automatically read to them. If the recipient does not answer the phone your text message will be stored as voicemail. (Recipient must have a voicemail service on their landline.) Recipients can also reply to the text message and leave a message for you.

How do I know if the recipient got my message?
    After sending a Text to Landline message you will receive a confirmation text message letting you know how your message was received and if the recipient left a voice response message for you.

How do I get a reply to my Text to Landline message?
    On your Sprint PCS Phone you receive a text message alert that you have a reply. The message is sent with the appropriate reply phone number. By pressing TALK or the green button on your Sprint PCS Phone, or by calling the reply phone number, you can listen to the reply message. Alternatively you may receive a text message with a short text reply selected by the landline recipient after they listened to your message.

How much does it cost to send a Text to Landline message?

You will be charged your normal text message rate.

Do I need a special Sprint PCS Phone to send a Text to Landline message?
    No. Text to Landline works with all text-messaging activated Sprint PCS Phones.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123