Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEMT
    Same here (no call)

I'd assume they are still in the testing stage.
    Thanks, Pete and everyone else, for your feedback!

Good point, it would make sense that it's still being tested since it Sprint just rolled it out. Good to know that my experience wasn't isolated. I'll give it a try again sometime soon -- would be cool to see firsthand how it works.
    Actually its a cool little feature.

You send a SMS to a landline phone; the receipents phone (landline) rings. When they answer the phone, they are told who the call is coming from (name or number; depending on what you have set up in your own voicemail) and that you have a text message. It gives you an option to accept/reject the message. Once accepted, you the sender, will receive a text message to your cell informing you that your message was succussfully sent.

The speaker sounds like a mechanical voice repeating to the receipent your text message. At the end, they are given the option to reply; with some pre-programmed default messages.

If the receipent replies, you will receive their reply on your device.

How do I know so much...I played with it yesterday with a few friends! It is currently FREE for 3 months after which I am sure there will be a price not yet determined.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Or with any Sprint phone with a sms plan for that matter!!

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ue...c=txt2landline

Sprint uses its text-to-speech software to convert sms text into voice messages sent to landline phones! I know this has been available on some European carriers for some time, but it's the first Ive seen state side from a major carrier here. The service works really well imo! Check it out!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Of course do not tell me about Search!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

LOL! Well what do you know... I'm actually not the first to know about something! Hehe...

But this is still cool...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    It works for me.
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    Hmmm... anyone try sending a message to an international number?!! I wonder if it works?

Hey anyone tried sending a message to an international number? I wonder if it works...

Who will send a message to me? I've got to hear this digitzed voice. I wonder if it's worse than the voice on JAWS (the blind screen-reading software).

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Who will send a message to me?

Pamela
    Me. A filthy, nasty, crude, perverted one at that!!

you know it was coming
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Let's see if you've got the guts!

PM with # sent.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Monkeys manipulating the posts by quoting again.
    Where? I'll hunt him down!
    DesignExtend.com
    Looks like no. From Sprint's "Text 2 Landline FAQs":

- Can I send Text to Landline messages to landline phones outside of the United States?
    Soon Sprint will be expanding this service to deliver text messages to Canadian and other international landline phones as well.
  16. tux
    I just tried it on several lines and it didnt go through
    Cool, cool feature as told by Scandalex. I think it's a feature that some people might find VERY usefull, depending on the cost...
    One thing she didn't mention, you can answer with your own voice too.

And now that it's available, I hope they will give you the option of looking up ALL nombers for each contact in the SMS app.
    Works great. Just confused the hell out of the wife with a text-to-landline message. In a few seconds I received an SMS telling me that the message was received. Then I received another message alerting me of a voice reply. Clicking on the phone number in the "from" line connects the call to the recorded reply. Slick and quick.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    It works here...I could even send to a comma-delimited list for multiple land line recipients.

The one problem with the Treo software is that the lookup feature won't find numbers listed as home or office lines...somebody needs to issue a patch for that, or else I have to key in each number from memory.

Anybody think of a workaround for this, other than changing every contact to a mobile number?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I couldn't get it to work in Utah

But I did find an FAQ Page on the sprint website for it and it said the following about International Calls:

Can I send Text to Landline messages to landline phones outside of the United States?
    Soon Sprint will be expanding this service to deliver text messages to Canadian and other international landline phones as well.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast