1.    #1  
    I'm seriously considering the Free Roaming Plan through Sprint with a Treo 600/650. I have a number of question on it... the first being the key question:

1) If you are roaming to a digital CDMA network (Verizon's), do Vision services still work? Does DUN/Wireless Modem/#777 still work?

2) If you have a weak Sprint signal and a strong Verizon signal, will it roam? Or can you force it to? (At my parents' house, they get lousy Sprint signal, garbled and dropped calls, etc. But they get a great Verizon signal.)

3) Does PCS-to-PCS still apply if you are roaming at the time?

4) They say the majority of your minutes should not be roaming. How do they compute that? No more than half the minutes of your plan? No more than half of your actual paid-minutes? No more than half your total minutes? If they have too many roaming minutes, will they need to call PCS-to-PCS and leave the the phone connected for hours whenever they are "in the city" to offset their roaming at home?

5) Has anyone used a Treo specifically via Digital Roaming? How well does it work?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Stradale
    I'm seriously considering the Free Roaming Plan through Sprint with a Treo 600/650. I have a number of question on it... the first being the key question:

1) If you are roaming to a digital CDMA network (Verizon's), do Vision services still work? Does DUN/Wireless Modem/#777 still work?
    When your phone displays an R (roaming indicator), you cannot connect to Vision. I'm not sure about the 2nd half of this question, and hopefully more tech savvy folks than I will respond..

2) If you have a weak Sprint signal and a strong Verizon signal, will it roam? Or can you force it to? (At my parents' house, they get lousy Sprint signal, garbled and dropped calls, etc. But they get a great Verizon signal.)

3) Does PCS-to-PCS still apply if you are roaming at the time?

4) They say the majority of your minutes should not be roaming. How do they compute that? No more than half the minutes of your plan? No more than half of your actual paid-minutes? No more than half your total minutes? If they have too many roaming minutes, will they need to call PCS-to-PCS and leave the the phone connected for hours whenever they are "in the city" to offset their roaming at home?'
    Not sure of the answer to questions 2 thru 4, sorry.
    5) Has anyone used a Treo specifically via Digital Roaming? How well does it work?
    For voice calls, it works fine. As noted above, you won't be able to use Vision while roaming.

Hope this helps a bit.
    #2-no, the phone will automatically defualt to a weak Sprint signal.

#3- No, PCS to PCS does NOT apply when you are roaming.

#4- No more than ½ of your TOTAL minutes actually used can be "off the Sprint Network". Your solution to make an hours long call is innovative and would probably work.

I sell Sprint Daily and these answers are according to the literature my clients are required to sign when they sign up for a Sprint contract.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Dragon - is there any way to switch it to a stronger Verizon tower?

----- to answer #1, you can't use DUN while you're roaming
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    I would have sais no untill this morning. There is a thread in the 650 Forum that sayy dialing *18 + dial will force it to look for the strongest signal.

I couldn't test it as Sprint is the srtongest signal where I live... so YMMV.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I just tried it and got a message saying the feature code I entered was not valid.

Is it possible to force roam a Sprint 650 onto Verizon? Seems like you can with a 700p...
    as far as I know, you cannot force roaming. Also, if you continue to read the thread, the other theory was *18 did not assign you to a stronger signal, it actually sent your calls to VM.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin