1.    #1  
    I purchased my 650 on 6/1 for roughly $530 + the $150 mail in rebate. I made my copies of everything and sent it in the next day, and finally today I got an e-mail from them confirming my $80 mail in rebate check is on the way. What the heck! Has anyone else gotten this? OOOOH . . . regaining composure so I can collect my thoughts for a nice little phone call later tonight . . .
    Palm -> PalmIII -> HPC Jornada 720 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 680

http://canyonero.org/ashu16
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    sounds like you either got screwed or there's a mix up. if the treo 650 was $599 and they took it down to $529 for you, that's a $70 difference... and you have $80 coming to you.... = $150
  3.    #3  
    That somewhat makes sense, and it sounds like what they did . . . however it wasn't what I told was going to happen. I brought in an amazon ad and had them price match to $529, and then they verified that I would get the $150 mail in rebate bringing my price to $379 after all was said and done. I did it in store, and the sales person was calling their headquarters and such verifying the plan and the costs and such. I signed another two year contract- those bastards! Anyone else have this happen to them where their rebate was less than expected? Is this their new pricing policy I've been seeing hinted on here where you qualify for a lesser rebate when you try to upgrade after only 18 months with the phone?
    Palm -> PalmIII -> HPC Jornada 720 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 680

What does your sales slip say? Talk to the sales person you originally spoke to.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    What does your sales slip say? Talk to the sales person you originally spoke to.
    I'll have to pull the sales slip to see- I think we just talked about the $150 rebate, and that I would qualify to use it. He was using that as the calculating factor when determining whether or not he could give me that price or not. I know he talked about it on the phone when he called their main office to set it all up- he verbally told me that the $150 would not be a problem, I'll have to pay him a visit tonight and see if he can make up for it with a credit or something.

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    mention NOTHING about the 7/7 new pricing policy rebate option, as this will give him a way out. i did the similar thing when i bought my treo 600 from best buy, price matched to amazon, however, best buy gave me the $150 rebate in store, and then i sent in my slip and got another $150 check from sprint, so a GOOF on sprint's part with me the winner. however, it sounds like you said you would buy it from the store if they could match amazon's price, and he said he'd give you the $150 credit. go in tonight, talk to them. otherwise, threaten to terminate your services , walk out of the store, and call up customer care and explain to them what happened.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the input- I called sprint and they couldn't tell me if it was a mix up in their system with the new pricing policy, or some confusion about the length of the contract (I had a few replacement treo 600's in there that threw them off), but they corrected the issue and got it taken care of.

I would be sure to have copies of any rebates not received before the 7/7 policy change- it sounds like they have already made the change in the system, and they need to do an override to correct it if necessary. They were actually happy to correct it, and didn't consume too much of my evening . . . I'll be curious to hear if anyone else got stuck with this as well . . .