1.    #1  
    I'm not able to do a standard hot sync since the verizon wirless sync software has been activated. I need to do third party backups and want to install other things but nothing happens. Are there any workarounds so I can do both?
    try this.go to wireless sync app.Open connection settings menu. go to "Advanced" Check "Enable other sync apps"
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but that doesn't work. I'm surprised that no one else is experiencing the inability to hot sync or install third party applications with Wireless Sync. Any other suggestions?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monty411
    Thanks, but that doesn't work. I'm surprised that no one else is experiencing the inability to hot sync or install third party applications with Wireless Sync. Any other suggestions?
    I tried using Wireless Sync, but my Outlook appointments would not sync. A technician at Verizon told me that Wireless Sync only works with Exchange servers. It doesn't make sense that everything worked fine except for syncing appointments, right?

So now I use Wireless Sync to push my POP email and Bluetooth to HotSync my Treo with my computer.

I really hope that Wireless Sync is updated for non Exchange server use.
    I am none to happy with the Wireless sync. I thought I would give it a try now my Outlook Calendar and Contacts do not sync. I have enabled the proper settings in wireless sync to let both applications sync. Heck I have uninstalled wireless sync on my desktop still nothing.

Getting rather frustrated with this whole bit is anyone else having this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by monty411
    I'm not able to do a standard hot sync since the verizon wirless sync software has been activated. I need to do third party backups and want to install other things but nothing happens. Are there any workarounds so I can do both?
    I cannot remember where, but I have read that VZW Treo 650 only officially supports doing wireless sync *or* USB hot sync, but not both. It seems to be an attempt to keep you dependent on the data service.
    Okay, how do I enable just the USB hot sync only?