Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi everyone,

I live in Winnipeg, Canada and use a CDMA cell phone provider who currently only sells the Treo 600 (!!!) and won't even be getting the 650 until WINTER! Since Palm won't sell me an unlocked CDMA Treo 650 I did some investigating and discovered that Verizon's Treo 650 will work just fine up here on my CDMA network. So I tried to go online and order a 650 from Verizon without a contract, but all the online stores I checked didn't want to sell me the phone without a contract.

So I called Verizon and they told me that only the physical Verizon stores sell handsets without contracts and I would have to walk into a store, buy the phone and walk out. Well, since I can't fly down to the US to buy a phone I was hoping there is some way online of ordering this phone--do any of you Verizon experts know of a way?

I called a Verizon store and they refused to charge my credit card over the phone and ship it to me, so it sounds like I am out of luck. I was just hoping one of you guys might know some online store that sells the Verizon 650 that ships to Canada. If you do, please let me know.

Thanks everyone!

Toby
    Have you tried eBay?

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Have you tried eBay?

Pamela
    Hi Pamela,

I have tried eBay, but the few Verizon ones I found were either converted Sprint Treo's or they didn't accept any of the payment methods I use (cheque, money order, wire transfer). Plus I am (hopefully) trying to get a new Treo, but if it comes down to it, I will accept a used one.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
    Know anyone in the US who can do this? Heck, I've got a Verizon store right downt he street. However, you may run into warranty problems should anything go wrong.
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Ybot
    Hi Pamela,

I have tried eBay, but the few Verizon ones I found were either converted Sprint Treo's or they didn't accept any of the payment methods I use (cheque, money order, wire transfer). Plus I am (hopefully) trying to get a new Treo, but if it comes down to it, I will accept a used one.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
    Hmmm, I just went to PalmOne.com - entered US, said I wanted a Verizon phone with an existing plan - $519. Try that and see if you can have it shipped to Canada.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hmmm, I just went to PalmOne.com - entered US, said I wanted a Verizon phone with an existing plan - $519. Try that and see if you can have it shipped to Canada.

Pamela
    Hi Pamela,

I just tried to purchase the Verizon Treo 650 from the PalmOne US store, but they only list the US as countries they will ship to. So close too! Because they list my Province and will accept my postal code, but they won't accept Canada as a country. Grr.

It's becoming a more and more distant possibility for me to get a Treo 650. So sad! Poor CDMA Canadians, what are we to do?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ybot
    Hi Pamela,

I just tried to purchase the Verizon Treo 650 from the PalmOne US store, but they only list the US as countries they will ship to. So close too! Because they list my Province and will accept my postal code, but they won't accept Canada as a country. Grr.

It's becoming a more and more distant possibility for me to get a Treo 650. So sad! Poor CDMA Canadians, what are we to do?!
    Got anyone in the US you can trust to send it to you when they receive it?

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Got anyone in the US you can trust to send it to you when they receive it?

Pamela
    Hi again Pamela,

Unfortunately, I don't have anyone in the US that I could send the money to. The more I am denied a Treo 650 the more I want it! It's like I'm 2 years old! Oh well, I will not stop my quest until I get my 650!

-Ybot