1.    #1  
    I am joining a new company next week and they have a corporate agreement with Sprint, so I am forced to move from Cingular. I had some questions:

1) I checked the website and nothing is really explained well. What do I need specifically to add to my voice plan to use internet / email on my T650?

2) How is the data speed on Sprint as compared to Cingular?

3) It looks like Sprint has no "No Roaming" plans like cingular or VZW. Is this true??

BTY, my cingular T650 is only about 2-3 months old, and if anyone wants to make an even swap for a Sprint T650, please let me know.

Thanks, guys.
    Last edited by mariog7; 07/02/2005 at 12:04 PM. Reason: need more info added
    1) SprintPCS 1x RTT Vision, unlimited monthly plan is $15/month

2) Cingular uses GPRS:

"For example, the majority of GPRS terminals will be able to download data at speeds of up to 24Kbps (kilobytes per second). At the higher end, speeds are theoretically possible up to 171.2 kbit/sec when 8 slots are assigned at the same time to a single user. In reality 40-50Kbps."

http://www.gsmworld.com/technology/gprs/class.shtml

Sprint uses 1xRTT with speeds up to 144 kbps, average 60-80 kbps.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3504_7-5664933-5.html
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7
    3) It looks like Sprint has no "No Roaming" plans like cingular or VZW. Is this true??
    Yes. It's $5 extra. Can't use data while roaming.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for all the info, guys. Now I am actually looking forward to coming over to Sprint! Am I just stupid, or where is all this info located on the website? thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7
    Thanks for all the info, guys. Now I am actually looking forward to coming over to Sprint! Am I just stupid, or where is all this info located on the website? thanks.
    Not stupid. You have to pick a plan before you get to see the prices of the "Extras" like Roaming, 7p-7a Off Peak, etc...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    Makes sense. Thanks for all the info!!!
  7.    #7  
    I was looking on the Sprint website and they offer "Sprint PCS Vision Pictures Pack" and "Sprint PCS Vision Professional Pack", both are $15. WHich one do I want? Thanks.
    Cingular actually uses EDGE, which is significantly faster than GPRS. I beleive that EDGE is about 20% faster than Sprint's 1XRTT, but it really depends on your location.
    Mario I am not sure but I think the "professional pack" may be geared more towards the business user whereas the "pictures pack" is definitely for regular consumers. My teenage daughter has a camera phone and we added the pictures pack on her acct. and she loves it. By the way, the family plan (Fair & Flexible) is a good deal. I have 4 lines, 2 with vision, 2 with insurance and all on the 7pm nights and weekends - 800 minutes shared and I pay about $110 a month. :-)
    The Professional Picture Pack allows you to connect with Outlook and all of those goodies -- throws your business connection in. Still the same price as the other plan, though.

Oh, and welcome to Sprint!

Meghan Edmonds
    Technical Service Representative

Sprint PCS, Brookwood
    1925 Peachtree Road
    Atlanta, GA 30309
    Voice: 404.351.2225
    Fax: 404.350.7266
  11.    #11  
    Perfect info. Thanks, guys!
    I posted a similar question. Love Sprint by the way.

Going to Sprint - What do I need to know?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=80134
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com