Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    i want to buy one and i keep reading how bad the reception is...is it just a few people with problems, or is it everyone?
    No problem here with reception.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    yes, phoenix
    No problem in Long Island N.Y. or lower Manhattan where I work.
    One,
    I have the 650 for about 2 weeks now, and I have been getting great reception (almost always 3-4 bars). I am in New Jersey about 2 miles from Manhattan, and I can't ask for better reception. Great phone, great service so far.
    Great reception.
    we have 6 t650s on verizon 4 in NYC all fine, 1 in miami good and 1 in san antonio good
    great reception
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Not as good reception as my 7135 in CT...drops calls when my old phone would not.
    I had mine since the general public release date and have better reception than my phone before it. It has been a little over a month and I have no real problem.
    Switching from a V710, which I would give a 10 in reception, the Treo 650 so far has earned a solid 7. No problems as of yet in LA. Haven't taken in into the desert yet, though...
    I've had problems with reception. to me it seems to be hit and miss. I've had a couple associates that rave about their 650 reception and a couple that can't keep a call.
    Ditched the aluminum case. Subjectively, seems much better. Still, not as good as the other VZW phones in the house.

I should mention that my VZW Blackberry from work is about the same as the T650.

Good enough, not as good as the other 4 phones in the house.
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    My reception with the VZW 650 is not nearly as good as my old Motorola T720 or my wife's Motorola V710. I have lost some calls in areas where I previously didn't even have static. It's not been bad enough to make me complain, except for one spot that's on my daily commute

-jeff
    Not nearly as good as the Mot T720 it replaced.
    Drops a lot more calls than the kyocera 7135 I just sold <sigh>

tom
    My reception isn't too bad, my husband had issues then found it was the aluminum case. Word has it also beware of cases with magnets.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I get similar reception with the Treo as my old Kyocera 7135.
    I've never had as many dropped calls in my life as I've had in the past month and a half with my 650 and my wife's 600. I get in a restaurant and can't keep a call. My wife's drops calls in our back yard with 3 bars. For some reason the web works almost anywhere without a problem.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    My Treo 650 on Verizon gives me one less bar readout compared to a Motorola V60i, but the Moto is a bit too optimistic in its readouts. So I think my Treo's reception is pretty much on par.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast