Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    my treo has always picked up the sprint data service at my home. for 2 years it has consistently received the signal.

now suddenly today, my phone is roaming and data service is unavailable. there is some #67 error and i have to reenter a username and password, and then the phone tries to reconnect, but ultimately resumes a roaming status.

this has happened temporarily before for a few minutes but has gone back to sprint coverage usually within the hour. today, its stuck on roaming and im worried i have lost reception to sprint`signal! this is NOT GOOD!

what could be going on? sprint updating their service? dropped my area of coverage? do i have to reprovision or something?

id greatly appreciate any feedback on this one. im not sure how to resolve this.
    The error message is normal. Since you are "roaming", your user name and password aren't recognized on the other network. Once back on Sprints network, your username and password will be recognized.

As to why you are roaming, can't answer that.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Try forcing digital mode on, not allowing roam mode. How does it behave?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    thanks a ton for responding, fellas! much appreciated.

I switched to force digital mode, but still got either " no service "or "roaming. "
    what happens is the phone will be on roaming, then switch to sprint, then no service, then roaming again, in a repeat loop. its as if there are two signals interfering with each other or something of the sort.

I called sprint to report it, and they told me the problem has to exist for 24 hours before they can consider it a problem with the tower.
    this morning , same issue. no service. bizarre. I'm at work now, where I receive data signal, but will see if its resolved when I get home.

what a bummer! I browse the web quite a bit while at home.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Guys... there is a problem. I have been working with Sprint's Executive Office for a month now on issues involving 3000 errors: Cannot connect to the network. Like VW2002, I have had 5 years of service with no problems, then 4 months ago the door slammed... constant failures connecting to vision, calls not going out, calls failing to come in and going to voicemail. The multiple service tickets opened all came back "no problem". So yesterday, to clear up the question of whether my T650 hardware was to blame, I got a brand new "B" version phone...same problems as of this morning. It is not your imagination, check out other messages here and on PCSIntel: Sprint is having a problem and its widespread if messages from around the US are any indication.
    have you tried having the phone looked at or replaced if not take it into a sprint store and tell them whats going on if they cant figure it out they will replace it.
    I'm having the problems also. I've been told it's all due to network changes arising from the "MERGER". I've been having 3000 codes and Roaming issues as well. I reset the phone and things go back to normal, but I shouldn't have to reset as often as I do. I was in ROAM for a while the other day in a normal Sprint area, and finally a reset brought me back to "Sprint" - I'm not sure how long this "MERGER" bs is supposed to take but I do know I've called and they've given me the whopping $5 credit for the last 3 months as well as dropped call credits. I'm anxious for the day that it's all done and we can get on with our lives.

Bek

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse
    Guys... there is a problem. I have been working with Sprint's Executive Office for a month now on issues involving 3000 errors: Cannot connect to the network. Like VW2002, I have had 5 years of service with no problems, then 4 months ago the door slammed... constant failures connecting to vision, calls not going out, calls failing to come in and going to voicemail. The multiple service tickets opened all came back "no problem". So yesterday, to clear up the question of whether my T650 hardware was to blame, I got a brand new "B" version phone...same problems as of this morning. It is not your imagination, check out other messages here and on PCSIntel: Sprint is having a problem and its widespread if messages from around the US are any indication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    I'm anxious for the day that it's all done and we can get on with our lives.

Bek
    Let's all move to Switzerland.
    Currently using: Sprint Treo 650!!
    Palm Pilot - Palm V- Handspring Visor - Samsung i500 - Treo 600
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    or verizonland
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    or verizonland
    I prefer sprintland.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse
    I concur. I also began having constant 300 cannot connect errors for the past month and it's driving me insane! I've arleady had one waranty replacement but the problem still perisist and it does seem to be a network issue. The only way I foudn to avoid the problem is to set the Treo to automatically connect after reset. It sucks to always reset your phoen to connect to vision, but it does work afaikafaikafaik...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I prefer sprintland.
    um...why?
    Currently using: Sprint Treo 650!!
    Palm Pilot - Palm V- Handspring Visor - Samsung i500 - Treo 600
    Quote Originally Posted by wackochrisoidun
    um...why?
    Because no one can touch their data rates.
    I'm back!