Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Got the new Sprint brochures in today. Upgrade eligibilty for the full $150 has been pushed back to 24months!!! , but at twelve months you're now officially eligible for $75.
    Premium Vision goes down to $10, but only includes $5 download credits. Picture Vision will now be $20, but includes Video Messaging. Readylink is now $10 on primary line. All shared line bolt ons will now be HALF the price of their primary counter parts.
    So overall, some stuff that sounds good, some stuff that sounds bad. Oh, one final note. www.sprintpcsinfo.com is reporting that the upgrade rebates will be available as "instant" rebates by the end of the year, but I've been hearing that song from Sprint for the last three years, so don't hold your breath.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    So these new changes...will they be retroactive or will people be grandfathered?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    Nothing in the brochures mentioned that, but based on my past experience with Sprint you'll be grandfathered...until you need to change something on the account. Or want a new phone. Or lose your voicemail password. Or decide to add something. Or...you get the picture?
    It'll be fun.
    The 18 to 24 month deal is gonna tick alot of people off. As of now, I qualify for the 18month deal, though I chose not to use it at this time. I'll be calling Sprint this week to see if I'm grandfathered.
    ###
    I went from the 600 to 650 without changing anything. My contractual obligation was done in Oct 2003
    Last edited by RICHINMJ; 06/29/2005 at 03:55 PM. Reason: added info.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Or...you get the picture?
    Oh I get the picture (and I don't like it )

So basically, I gotta lay low and keep my head down
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    I went from the 600 to 650 without changing anything. My contractual obligation was done in Oct 2003
    Ditto, I was upgraded for free from the 600-650(4-5 defective 600's) within a 12 month period with no contract renewal. Sounds like I'll be keeping my 650 for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Ditto, I was upgraded for free from the 600-650(4-5 defective 600's) within a 12 month period with no contract renewal. Sounds like I'll be keeping my 650 for a while.
    I've done something similar, but it does change your eligibility for the 18 month upgrade.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Excuse my off-topic lechery, but I've been meaning to say this for some time, you are very photogenic!

Check out her blog!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Any way to use this to get out of your contract? In the past they've offered an out clause if you didn't agree with the new info. I have the free and clear plan which it appears they are doing away with.

Also any chance of you scanning the new brochures?
    Last edited by astroz; 07/04/2005 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ... Oh, one final note. www.sprintpcsinfo.com is reporting that the upgrade rebates will be available as "instant" rebates by the end of the year, but I've been hearing that song from Sprint for the last three years, so don't hold your breath.
    We just bought a Sayno ???-8200 for my wife. We talked to Sprint via *2 the night before I went into the Sprint store to buy the phone. My wife asked about ways that we could get the rebate as "instant" since she had gone into Radio Shack and could get an instant rebate on Verizon, so I suggested that we call *2 and ask them. The rep on the phone said something about we could do that over the phone, but not until July 1?th. (I didn't remember the date, and since my wife was on the phone, I didn't ask for details, but my wife said something like, well can't I just go into a Sprint store and get the (instant) rebate now, rather than waiting. When I went to the store to buy the phone, they said that the instant rebate couldn't be had until July 1?th again. I told them that was not what the rep told us on the phone. The store employee went into the back and called customer care, and got authorization to give me the instant rebate. We signed a 2 year agreement on my wife's phone, which was replacing her add-a-phone (2nd phone) on my line. Previously she had a kyocera analog phone. She had wanted a camera phone. She now has a java-midlet phone with a decent camera and decent reliablity/ratings (as far as I can tell).
    Well' I guess the main point I'm saying here is that the instant rebate part is real, and is definitely happening. We were definitely in the "more than 18 months" (probably more like 30-32 months). I've generally been happy with Sprint, and given that my Treo 600 (I had bought a Treo 300, in the April following when they first came out, and was eventually upgraded to a refurb T600, and then a new T600 after multiple problems (network search, loss of ability to read card, etc) showed up on my T600 in the same day. The 2 year contract part is also real (so I don't know what this did to the normal 18-month deal that we previously had). I can go online and report more about the plan they signed us under, but basically, I got to keep my original $10 vision, and added my wife to Vision for an additional $5. I kind of hate being under a 2 year contract but I'll live with that. Given the rate at which the Treo's fail, I expect to be able to stay in a "one less than current" phone for a while, even as new phones come out. My original Treo 300 was decent, but eventually something went wrong with the connector after a year, so got a replacement under lockline. The button board on the refurb T300 replacement failed after about 3 months (a key stayed depressed, and rocked on and off intermittently). They replaced that with a refurb T600, which developed network search problems within 3 or 6 months, which is when they replaced with a new T600 out of the store. The new T600 has an area on the top/right corner of the display that is darker than the rest of the display. I hate the thought of going back to a refurb, so I'm living with this problem for the time being. Well, I guess I got a bit off topic, but I wanted to say that the instant rebate is a real thing that actally is happening.

-- Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  12.    #12  
    ...thank you Bob. I guess I should have been slightly clearer.
    First, I work at Radioshack. We're the only Sprint dealer on our tiny little island, and the nearest corporate store is 45 miles away. My customers simply won't make that trek, so instant or mail in really doesn't affect me here. I'd just like to be able to offer them an instant savings because, for the most part, they're pretty decent customers.
    Second, what you described isn't anything new, or out of the ordinary. Going into a Sprint store to get an instant rebate should be very simple. They shouldn't have to "call" anyone. It shouldn't be a "dice toss" as to whether you're going to get the rebate. As you pointed out, Verizon simply says "Yep, you've had the phone long enough. Here's your new one. Thanks for playing." This is the way it should be, no matter where you go to purchase the phone.
    It'll be fun.
    Please be aware that these service plan revisions vary by region. In the Southeast region we've just changed our upgrade program to accept phones between 12 and 24 months for the $150 rebate, and prequalified customers are eligible to receive the full $150 in-store (with a 2-year agreement), others for a $75 in-store and a $75 mail-in, and the rest for a $150 mail-in. Please look into this.

Meghan Edmonds
    Technical Service Representative

Sprint PCS, Brookwood
    1925 Peachtree Road
    Atlanta, GA 30309
    Voice: 404.351.2225
    Fax: 404.350.7266
    So, I was seeing everywhere that these changes were to happen July 7th.

Did they??

Is there an official announcement somewhere??

Or were the above just rumors that have gone unfulfilled?
    Also, please be aware that the Vision packs no longer include 100 free text messages.

Dr. Doom, you need to be careful what you post in regards to publicly unreleased Sprint plans. You never know when someone else from the company might be reading...
    These new plans are a bummer. Visions no longer free for the $100+ plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    These new plans are a bummer. Visions no longer free for the $100+ plans.
    What new plans? Where are these new plans announced?
    As far as I can tell, the above were just rumors and never happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    So these new changes...will they be retroactive or will people be grandfathered?
    Not unless you change your core plan. I have added and deleted PCS to PCS, nights at 7, and so on, but still keep the 400min for $40, $10 vision and $20 as well as nation wide free long distance and free off peak. I was grandfathered for the unlimited SMS too. We should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Stradale
    What new plans? Where are these new plans announced?
    As far as I can tell, the above were just rumors and never happened.
    Most are on Sprints website and I also contacted Sprint directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Most are on Sprints website and I also contacted Sprint directly.
    Not that I can see on their website.
    And nobody at the local stores knows anything about it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast