Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Stradale
    Not that I can see on their website.
    And nobody at the local stores knows anything about it
    Remove thy head from the sand, and go look!

Cut and paste from Sprintpcs...

Sprint PCS VisionSM Premium Pack $10
    Perfect for people who want to download Ringers, Games, Screen Savers and other Sprint PCS Vision Services. Includes unlimited Web access and up to a $5 credit per month towards downloads.
    Sprint PCS VisionSM Multimedia Pack $20
    It's like having a TV in the palm of your hand. See and hear the latest news, sports, weather and more in full-color video and vivid sound.Includes unlimited Sprint PCS Picture MailSM, Sprint PCS Video Mail, Web access and up to a $5 credit per month towards downloads.
    Sprint PCS Ready Link $10 Call to Order

Enjoy quick, two-way,"walkie-talkie-style" communication with just a touch of a button – across the enhanced Sprint Nationwide PCS Network. (Requires a Sprint PCS Vision Ready Link Phone.) FREE for first month.

As far as upgrades:
    By offering a great discount on the latest Sprint PCS Phones and Devices, the Sprint PCS New for You™ Upgrade Program makes it easier for you to stay on the cutting edge of wireless technology. It’s also another way that Sprint helps you enjoy the best wireless experience possible.

Depending on how long you’ve had service and your type of contract with Sprint, you may be eligible for up to $150 in instant savings on a wide variety of Sprint PCS Phones in Sprint Stores:

24 Consecutive months of service with the same Sprint PCS Phone:

* Save up to $150 with a new two-year Sprint PCS Advantage Agreement
    * Save up to $75 with a new one-year Sprint PCS Advantage Agreement
    Must you come over and sit on Daddy's lap, while he figures this out for you?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Stradale
    Not that I can see on their website.
    And nobody at the local stores knows anything about it.
    Maybe not everyone is updated. I'll call my local store also to confirm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Remove thy head from the sand, and go look!
    Must you come over and sit on Daddy's lap, while he figures this out for you?
    Please
    I assure you that stuff doesn't appear for me... this region/zipcode-specific website stuff is annoying. I have the guy who answered at *2 checking with other regions to try to answer my query... but I've generally had better luck asking here.

Maybe you who see the new stuff on the website could EITHER
    1) suggest a zipcode where I'll get to see the new stuff, or
    2) quote the piece of info I'm really looking for...

With the new pricing/plans, will the unlimited email/web access included in the $10-20 Vision plans include email/web access via DUN through a Treo 600/650?? Or will that still be disallowed (technically), insisting that you pay extra to access that same email and those same web pages on your laptop?

I'd be happy to browse the SprintPCS site for myself, if someone can give me a zipcode that'll let me see the July 7th announcements. My local zipcodes do NOT show any of that.

Thanks.
    I am switching to Sprint next week and was curious - is the $10 Picture Pro plan all I need for data / email? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    DUN with sprint technically goes against their TOS, so be advised anybody you ask about how to add a plan for tethering (aka DUN) will give you the $80 sprint unlimited data plan. using the internet on the HANDHELD is vision - while a lot of users do tether, they do so knowing that at any time Sprint can warn and then cancel their vision if they continue. the $10 vision plan will work for data/email. if you want to tether with your treo, search these threads for tethering or BT DUN and see how much ppl use their handheld to do it. under 1gb total data per month and you shouldn't have any problems from sprint. Be advised when you start getting technical and ask about other charges, they are willing to slap those charges on - especially if it means an extra $80 in their pockets. If i was you, i'd be mum on the subject and only use tethering when absolutely necessary.
    these new plans are not in effect IN EVERY REGION, but they are not rumors either. my region has nights starting at 6pm for an extra $5 if you already have the $10 nights @ 7pm. some regions have it starting at 5pm.
    Maybe someone can help me decipher the plans, I'm trying to figure if one of the new plans will be a better deal for me, I'm now on $100 per month for 2000 anytime + $5 for Vision on a 2nd Treo. I don't use the minutes anymore since I'm not traveling, but I can't figure out the Fair and Flexible plans:

Under the Family plan for $70/800 minutes, it says share w/ 2 phones. Does that mean I still need to pay the additional $25 for "Add a phone with Vision"? If so, my total would be $70 + $10 Vision + $25 Add a phone w/ Vision = $105 - same as I have now only a lot less minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Nothing in the brochures mentioned that, but based on my past experience with Sprint you'll be grandfathered...until you need to change something on the account. Or want a new phone. Or lose your voicemail password. Or decide to add something. Or...you get the picture?

When I changed to the 650 from the 600, the plan didn't change because of the new phone.
    that would explain why 2 weeks ago i was eligible for the 150, now they are telling me 75. i dont understand sprints plans. the plan i have cannot be touched by sprint (now) or any other carrier. Looks like i will be keeping the 650 and my current plan for a long(er) time. my plan is 2000 anytime, free vision, free picture mail, free text, one free add a line for 100/month. i would pay at least 20-40 more a month for the same plan now. by the way, after a long absence, i am back!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    that would explain why 2 weeks ago i was eligible for the 150, now they are telling me 75. i dont understand sprints plans. the plan i have cannot be touched by sprint (now) or any other carrier. Looks like i will be keeping the 650 and my current plan for a long(er) time. my plan is 2000 anytime, free vision, free picture mail, free text, one free add a line for 100/month. i would pay at least 20-40 more a month for the same plan now. by the way, after a long absence, i am back!
    I'm on the same plan but with 3 addtl phone for $20 each. I want to migrate so I can switch the 3 phones to $10 each but I will have to switch over to the $115 family plan and then pay for $10 Vision. Then fork another $10 for unlimited text which I get free now. So with the new plan I will have to pay $5 dollars more than my current plan. Hmmm...tempting..NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny
    that would explain why 2 weeks ago i was eligible for the 150, now they are telling me 75.
    NO WAY? I'm a little bit past my 18 months an want to upgrade one of the phones on my accnt. Now I have to wait 6 more months to get the 150 discount..this sucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mariog7
    I am switching to Sprint next week and was curious - is the $10 Picture Pro plan all I need for data / email? Thanks.
    Yes, the Vision Picture Pack is sufficient for data/email use on your Treo. And the price is right, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by otis530
    Maybe someone can help me decipher the plans, I'm trying to figure if one of the new plans will be a better deal for me, I'm now on $100 per month for 2000 anytime + $5 for Vision on a 2nd Treo. I don't use the minutes anymore since I'm not traveling, but I can't figure out the Fair and Flexible plans:

Under the Family plan for $70/800 minutes, it says share w/ 2 phones. Does that mean I still need to pay the additional $25 for "Add a phone with Vision"? If so, my total would be $70 + $10 Vision + $25 Add a phone w/ Vision = $105 - same as I have now only a lot less minutes.

I believe it would be:

$70 (800 F&F for 2 lines) + $10 Vision (Primary) + $5 Vision (Secondary). But, you wouldn't have any SMS messages in the Vision pack so that is another $10-15 bringing your total to $95-100/month for a lot less minutes. Sounds like you want to keep your current plan. You would want to confirm with Sprint on this, but this is my interpretation and experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by otis530

According to a gentleman I spoke with the other day at Sprint, he said that if you have a plan like the one you describe here; it would be in YOUR best interest to keep it as it is. Due to their new pricing structure, once its changed, you will never (because that particular plan will become disabled in their system) be able to revert back to it at the cost you are paying now.

So my advice; dont change a thing!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12