1.    #1  
    http://www.pcsintel.com/modules.php...article&sid=980

There are a lot of big change for sprint. With the merger right around the corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by master1m
    http://www.pcsintel.com/modules.php...article&sid=980

There are a lot of big change for sprint. With the merger right around the corner.
    Could you repost the hyperlink to the site with the article about Sprint.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Looks like I won't be signing anymore Sprint contracts!
    Changes seem rather reasonable. Maybe I can finally get my Vision down to $10 a month now, like so many others pay here
    I have been running on a contract that expired in October of 2003. Its only 400 minutes which I use half of on a bad month but I have unlimited data and messaging for the $10. What does this all mean to me. After corporate discount I'm paying $44 a month (tax included) with the insurance plan and can do virtually anything I want.
    If I do nothing, what would change?
    Sure, they're reasonable for new or relatively new customers, but it wouldn't make sense for me to sign another contract because I have two phones on my account (wife's and mine) and don't pay some of these fees at all.

We don't pay any fee for having two lines sharing minutes on one account (I think there's a $5 or $10 fee now), we pay one fee for unlimited vision/ picture mail/messaging ($10/mo), we have the nationwide Free and Clear 2000 minute package & unlimited nights and weekends (9PM) which won't exist for new customers ($99 per month, plus a 15% discount dropping it to $85).

If I were to sign a contract my montly plan rate would increase by at least $15 per month. If I had no choice but to sign I'd probably switch carriers instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    I have been running on a contract that expired in October of 2003. Its only 400 minutes which I use half of on a bad month but I have unlimited data and messaging for the $10. What does this all mean to me. After corporate discount I'm paying $44 a month (tax included) with the insurance plan and can do virtually anything I want.
    If I do nothing, what would change?
    Nothing would change. As long as you don't sign a new contract your rates and plan will stay the same.
    Sweet
    It seems like these changes will probably motivate older Sprint customers to buy their phones from eBay rather than sign a contract. I left Sprint for Verizon back in 2000 and at the time I had 1000 anytime minutes and 1000 night and weekend minutes for $50! Had I stayed I would be paying even less now for the plan I have.

At this point looking at a 2 year contract and $150 rebate every 24 months, I'd rather pay more money on the front end and buy my phones from eBay (which I've been doing anyway) than lose the lower plan rate and freedom to switch should I desire just for the sake of saving a few bucks buying from Sprint. Anyone agree?