Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I was on ebay and was wondering about selling a brand new Treo 650 on Ebay. Tell me if you see any drawbacks to the following scenario:

I buy a Treo 650 for my wife under a two year contract at Costco for 329.99.(She loves her current phone, but her contract is expired)

I Sell the brand new 650 on Ebay, and my wife reactivates her old phone.

Sounds like an easy way to make a hundred bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kronium
    I was on ebay and was wondering about selling a brand new Treo 650 on Ebay. Tell me if you see any drawbacks to the following scenario:

I buy a Treo 650 for my wife under a two year contract at Costco for 329.99.(She loves her current phone, but her contract is expired)

I Sell the brand new 650 on Ebay, and my wife reactivates her old phone.

Sounds like an easy way to make a hundred bucks.
    or sell it to Mark . . . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&page=1&pp=20

he is looking to buy, if you go to the midlle of the thread on, but it looks like he can now wait to August 1 for a rebate, but he might bite now . ..
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Yeah, that scenario would work just fine. Just remember your wife won't be able to get a rebate on a phone for another 18 months.

Joe
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    Yeah, that scenario would work just fine. Just remember your wife won't be able to get a rebate on a phone for another 18 months.

Joe
    Yeah, just wondering how hard it would be to get Sprint to clear the Treo for a new user. They said they would reactivate her old phone if she lost her Treo.(That's the scenario I gave them)
    Quote Originally Posted by kronium
    Yeah, just wondering how hard it would be to get Sprint to clear the Treo for a new user. They said they would reactivate her old phone if she lost her Treo.(That's the scenario I gave them)
    People sell and buy phones all the time. They just walk into the store (at least with VZW it's calling a number) and activate it with their number.

Pamela
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I should have said they would reactivate it for free. In certain situations, Sprint charges activation fees. Especially if they are dishing out $150 in rebates and then you tell them your selling your brand new phone and reactivating your old phone.
    Sprint only charges for new activations. swapping phones on account is free of charge. You can completly clear out your 650 by performing a Hard Reset.