Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. kronium's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
       #1  
    I was on ebay and was wondering about selling a brand new Treo 650 on Ebay. Tell me if you see any drawbacks to the following scenario:

    I buy a Treo 650 for my wife under a two year contract at Costco for 329.99.(She loves her current phone, but her contract is expired)

    I Sell the brand new 650 on Ebay, and my wife reactivates her old phone.

    Sounds like an easy way to make a hundred bucks.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by kronium
    I was on ebay and was wondering about selling a brand new Treo 650 on Ebay. Tell me if you see any drawbacks to the following scenario:

    I buy a Treo 650 for my wife under a two year contract at Costco for 329.99.(She loves her current phone, but her contract is expired)

    I Sell the brand new 650 on Ebay, and my wife reactivates her old phone.

    Sounds like an easy way to make a hundred bucks.
    or sell it to Mark . . . .

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&page=1&pp=20

    he is looking to buy, if you go to the midlle of the thread on, but it looks like he can now wait to August 1 for a rebate, but he might bite now . ..
  3. Quake97's Avatar
    Posts
    557 Posts
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    #3  
    Yeah, that scenario would work just fine. Just remember your wife won't be able to get a rebate on a phone for another 18 months.

    Joe
  4. kronium's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    Yeah, that scenario would work just fine. Just remember your wife won't be able to get a rebate on a phone for another 18 months.

    Joe
    Yeah, just wondering how hard it would be to get Sprint to clear the Treo for a new user. They said they would reactivate her old phone if she lost her Treo.(That's the scenario I gave them)
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kronium
    Yeah, just wondering how hard it would be to get Sprint to clear the Treo for a new user. They said they would reactivate her old phone if she lost her Treo.(That's the scenario I gave them)
    People sell and buy phones all the time. They just walk into the store (at least with VZW it's calling a number) and activate it with their number.

    Pamela
  6. kronium's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
       #6  
    I should have said they would reactivate it for free. In certain situations, Sprint charges activation fees. Especially if they are dishing out $150 in rebates and then you tell them your selling your brand new phone and reactivating your old phone.
  7. #7  
    Sprint only charges for new activations. swapping phones on account is free of charge. You can completly clear out your 650 by performing a Hard Reset.

Posting Permissions