Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    whos done it
    and how did u get your prl back?

    and was it worth it
  2. #2  
    I bunch of us have done it with perfect success.
    See the original thread here
  3.    #3  
    well i just did it
    works fine
    loaded the prl by reverizonizing it
  4. #4  
    Any thoughts on if you actually HAVE a vzw phone?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by rizwankassim
    Any thoughts on if you actually HAVE a vzw phone?
    You would need the firmware for vz and that has not been made available yet.
  6. #6  
    You could always flash a Sprint ROM to your VZW phone...

    After everything I have read about the VZW version, I think I'm going to be running my Sprint ROM and software for quite awhile. After today, I am very very happy with the way my Treo works.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyC
    You could always flash a Sprint ROM to your VZW phone...

    After everything I have read about the VZW version, I think I'm going to be running my Sprint ROM and software for quite awhile. After today, I am very very happy with the way my Treo works.
    I agree. I haven't had a chance to get my hands on a VZW 650 yet to compare, so I'm not sure what advantage it would be to get that phone. My Sprint (Verizonized) 650 works fine for me with VZW, and having the ability to customize it is a huge plus!
    Palm IIIxe --> Palm 505 --> Kyocera 6035 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by WildeMan
    I agree. I haven't had a chance to get my hands on a VZW 650 yet to compare, so I'm not sure what advantage it would be to get that phone. My Sprint (Verizonized) 650 works fine for me with VZW, and having the ability to customize it is a huge plus!
    The present customization is definitely a HUGE plus. I wouldn't even think about getting a VZW version until I could create a custom ROM for it. But all the complaints about signal, sound quality and network problems.... they have a lot to fix before I consider it.
    Pretty much we would gain back SMS capability, that crappy Get It Now! stuff and our VZW accounts would actually display a Treo 650 as our phone type.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyC
    Pretty much we would gain back SMS capability, that crappy Get It Now! stuff and our VZW accounts would actually display a Treo 650 as our phone type.
    What do you mean? I have SMS capability and use it quite frequently.

    Also, I'm quite happy that they don't know that I'm using a Treo. I have no data plan and use minutes only (which is unlimited on nights and weekends).

Posting Permissions