Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Did you guys know that Sprint now has Call Tones? But I can't access the webpage for it. This must be something new. I like Call tones. This is a great feature.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Explain please ;-) What are call tones?
    Well when you call a person that has Call Tones, instead of ringing you get music or voice, until that person answers the phone. I got a lil' excited and got a Call Tone. Mind you, it took me at Least 10 try's. Then it wouldn't work, so I tried to adjust, and no luck. Now I get back to Sprint Home, and guess what? Its gone! No more Call Tones, so I guess Sprint jumped the gun, or its just not gonna work with the Treo's.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Oh, ok...I thought I just read about that. I guess if you run a business and you use your cell phone...this would be a great thing to have to add that professional touch.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

The call tones feature is avaliable now for sprint. however there is still some bugs to work out in thier system. but that should be fixed sometime in the near future
    I also noticed that the Call tones option had dissappeared once I discovered it a few days ago! I dont think that our Treo's wouldnt have support for it, since it is a carrier thing. I wish we could have a program that could control that (since Call Filter and Callshield cant even control our ringtones, I am sure it wont control this!)! Cant wait for Sprint to finalize it! I was looking at the prices and it seems to be cheaper than TMobile's plan! Hope it stays that way!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    It keeps dissappearing and reappearing. IMO the call tones that they have on there are just plain bad. They don't even have Britney Spears on there.

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    as long as i can record something and use it to playback on the Call Tones, I will be fine!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I agree, but we can't do that yet? Can we?

where did you guys see this option at?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Log into your SprintPCS account. After that scroll down to the bottom where it says My Content Manager. Call Tones should be in there. Then click on the call tones link.

Call Tones are back on the "newly redesigned" PCS website. It seems to show a pretty significant content catalog (nearly 2,000 tones), and some seem OK.

Is anyone using with their Treo 650? I tried to call the # on the site several times, but it was busy - and the Sprint folks never seem to know anything about the Treo other than, "Oh that's that really big one, right?" Uh huh.

If you're using call tones, let us know how they're working!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimfun
    Call Tones are back on the "newly redesigned" PCS website. It seems to show a pretty significant content catalog (nearly 2,000 tones), and some seem OK.

Is anyone using with their Treo 650? I tried to call the # on the site several times, but it was busy - and the Sprint folks never seem to know anything about the Treo other than, "Oh that's that really big one, right?" Uh huh.

If you're using call tones, let us know how they're working!
    Thay work great.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Weird, I can't get to work.......I click on the link from My Manager in my account & it refresh's the scene & I need to sign in again.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I use Call Tones and they work fine but you cannot access them from your phone - - only your Content Manager on your desktop computer.
    Work great for me on my 650.

Incoming callers hear KISS singing
    "They Call me Dr.Love"

except the 2 Michigan State fans they get to listen the U of M's fight song "The Victors" heehee
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    I tried it off my desktop & nothing....maybe Sprint hates me. Oh well i'll try in a few days.....

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Can we make our own?
    I take it you must buy a ringtone before you can see it in your content manager, right?? I cancelled my free $5/mo credit for ringtones, etc.