Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shanta
    I did not do a hard reset, and everything was cool except the "unnamed vision thingy", but htat was no biggie as I fixed it.
    Didn't want to take the chance!
    "Someone call the Whambulance"
    Photo Blog
    My Space
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan
    if you open Docs to go on your desktop your reg number is right next to the version number at the bottom...
    If you open docs to go it listed in the about (on your PC)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgarza
    Update=wow!
    I can take handwritten notes now!!!!

HUH?!!!

Please elaborate please? Are you saying you can activate graffiti now without GA or something?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Had no problem getting the MSL Code from Sprint, but now I'm getting and Error 67 code?
    Quote Originally Posted by burnout
    Had no problem getting the MSL Code from Sprint, but now I'm getting and Error 67 code?
    uh...yeah...that says alot...

you get an error 67 when doing what?

did you follow what I posted, as I had no problems doing this, and I just did it again, right before typing this repsonse.
    Quote Originally Posted by shanta
    uh...yeah...that says alot...

you get an error 67 when doing what?

did you follow what I posted, as I had no problems doing this, and I just did it again, right before typing this repsonse.

Haha, called them again to confirm the MSL code. Gave it to me again. Do you get a reset after your procedures? I do not. The girl I just called told me it should reset and to go the Sprint store and have them reset it. I told her the people at the store are teenagers that know nothing about the phone (I could teach them), said it would be a waste of my time, just DO IT over the phone.

Started to tell me to enter ##3282#, told them I was on the mobile and no access to landline, said they couldn't give any more info over the phone. I'll have to do this tommorow.
    Oh wow, under Phone Prefs:

[ ] Ask to add unknown phone numbers after calls

(or did that show up in the 1.08 update?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion
    Oh wow, under Phone Prefs:

[ ] Ask to add unknown phone numbers after calls

(or did that show up in the 1.08 update?)
    No that option is new. It was not there before.
    Photo Blog
    My Space
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Here's the process I use everytime to update, and I don't have out of memory issues/etc.

1) Hotsync phone, to make sure I've got a good backup.
    2) Perform a hard-reset. The device is now clean with plenty of ram.
    3) Using Palm Desktop, create a new user called "Rom Update". Basically, click the "Edit Users" button. See attached image.
    4) Run the Rom Updater Tool, select "Rom Update" as the target user.
    5) Hotsync the Treo, when prompted to create a new profile, or existing profile, select the existing "Rom Update" user.
    6) The ROM files get copied over, the Treo 650 will update, then reboot/hard-reset.
    7) Hotsync, when prompted to create a new profile, or existing profile, select your original hotsync id. It will copy all your prefs, files, applications, etc over.
    8) Open Palm Desktop and remove the "Rom Update" user.

I leave the Firmware updater application at the [Next] screen the entire time. After step #6 is complete, I just hit [Cancel].

I think this is a cleaner way to do things because it prevents the remains of the firmware update being "backed up". It also ensures I"ve got plenty of RAM and that running applications won't interfere.
    OK, I have one question. If I use Backupman and BackUpBuddy, is there a way I use one of those (or both) to restore everything at some point in your directions above? I thought that is a better way to get everything back as it was than using the hotsync you describe in #7 on your list?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    This is for Sprint CDMA.
    It was even more basic than that... 1.12 (or 1.13 for GSM) is the *software* version not the firmware (which for the GSM release anyway is 1.28).
    Sync took 9 mnutes, gained 1 meg (probably from the hard reset), No more phone lag and I can actually write with the d@m stylus now in "bug me" instead of typing on the keyboard. Great
    OK folks, got myself an Arrogant ******* Ale (just in case of troubles), Downloaded 1.12, no problems at all. Followed instructions to the teeth. Did the final Hot Sync, bamm everything is a lil' quicker! More memory also, I also noticed, when your in Blazer & get out of it, even if you delete your history & cache, when you get back on Blazer, your in the same spot, when you left! Finally, no more starting over. Also noticed, I got a pop up window, reminding me of shortcuts, ex: Press space bar to go straight to the top. I said "Damm!" So now I got another ******* Ale, to enjoy my Treo 650, all over again......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    OK, I have one question. If I use Backupman and BackUpBuddy, is there a way I use one of those (or both) to restore everything at some point in your directions above? I thought that is a better way to get everything back as it was than using the hotsync you describe in #7 on your list?
    You dont want the handheld to overwrite the desktop ( which would be restoring from backup buddy or backup man) it might cause your hotsync to hang. If you hotsync'd before you updated, your setup will transfer everything that was backed up onto your treo after you updated it. Just select your existing hotsync ID. Hope this helps
    Photo Blog
    My Space
    reverend I'll have to check out that ******* ale
    jamespaulritter, Arrogant ******* Ale is the best Barley Wine/Ale I have tasted so far. If you can't find one, i'll donate you one......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I love trying out new brew, I'll keep my eye out for it. With a name like that its just some thing you have to check out
    Just yesterday I was again reconsidering killing off this 650 and going through the pain of converting back to the 600 before I sell it. But then this 1.12 showed up, and (7 months late) it ALMOST gives me hope that I can stay with the 650...

*Graffiti Anywhere is mostly usable now
    *DUN is officially supported
    * phone hangs MUCH less
    *seems almost as fast as the 600 now
    *seems like the "system sound off" actually may work now (I hope)
    *the ability to view numbers you are inputting into phone is back
    *probably more good stuff yet to see

If they fixed the datamangler so I can sync tasks and calendar again, it'll be time to alter my sig again with more appreciation for this product. (Still doesn't get them off the hook for screwing up the RAM so badly, but it does show SOME mea culpa if only 7 months too late).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    1. when i call *2 for cust. service (and only use *2, so far) after the call when i press end i hear 3 quick tones then it hangs up, anyone else seeing this?

2. twice since the update hitting the power button has caused a reset, error message says
    zlauncher
    memorymgr.c
    line:3771, free handle

anyone else seeing this?

3. just fixed the no service name thing, i found a sheet with the codes on it (had to reprovision my vision before) so i guess thats one down two to go

i used evilghost method the actual update went fine
    i gained about .3megs (now i have 19.7 free)
    Last edited by Franko515; 06/17/2005 at 05:06 AM.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmay
    I agree with your procedure. The instructions said in step 4 "do not perform a hard reset" . After it finished the third time I removed it from the cradle, and soft reset. The unit wants to update again. It is telling me to connect the charger. I have put the unit back in the cradle, and it is updating for the fourth time.
    Any votes for a hard reset at this time?

Evilghost suggested the hard reset (although the update says dont do it) so that you would have the available 11MB required for the update. If you were down to, lets says 6MB, you wouldnt have had enough room, so a hard reset (with a good backup) doesnt hurt, it helps.

After the update completes, restore from your backup.....
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Wasn't this supposed to be out @ the end of the month ;-)

Man, I'm on vacation w/o my computer. Can't wait until I get back to update!
    LOL Eric. Why dont you just wait til the end of the month to do yours. Hope you're enjoying the vacation!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast