Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagle
    All seems well here after 1.12... picked up almost 1mb (cleared Blazer cache before updating).

I notice there's a new option under Phone, General Preferences: Blink green LED when in coverage to control the LED.

Off to see if there's more... maybe I'll even read the new user guide!

I don't see this option at all... ?

Bek
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    i did lose all my zlauncher preferences. anyone know which file restores these settings.. i tried restoring from my old backup files from backupman (zlauncher prefs etc but no dice.)

Just tried a scheduled backup from backupman... worked like a charm...

Then i did a hard reset for the heck of it and restored from the backupman image. perfect! it is SO GOOD to have this back in full and working order. The whole time i had a treo 600 i hot synched 3 or 4 times.. the rest of the time it was a nightly autio backup on backupman with weekly sd card backups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    I don't see this option at all... ?

Bek
    In the phone application menu->general preferences.
    They must have done a little more with the memory. I had around 10mb available before update with 10 apps in a custom ROM including Snapper, TreoAlarm, TakePhone, Docs to Go, Botzam Backup, FileZ, PowerRun and a few smaller apps. I now show 8.5mb left. Don't know for sure how much gained but it had to be some.

I used Evilghosts procedure except for the restore. I ran a restore from Botzam and had no problems. I just had to install all those apps that I had in the Custom ROM.

I guess it's time for Shadowmite to get busy again with custom ROM's so we can get rid of the worthless programs again.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Here's the process I use everytime to update, and I don't have out of memory issues/etc.

1) Hotsync phone, to make sure I've got a good backup.
    2) Perform a hard-reset. The device is now clean with plenty of ram.
    3) Using Palm Desktop, create a new user called "Rom Update". Basically, click the "Edit Users" button. See attached image.
    4) Run the Rom Updater Tool, select "Rom Update" as the target user.
    5) Hotsync the Treo, when prompted to create a new profile, or existing profile, select the existing "Rom Update" user.
    6) The ROM files get copied over, the Treo 650 will update, then reboot/hard-reset.
    7) Hotsync, when prompted to create a new profile, or existing profile, select your original hotsync id. It will copy all your prefs, files, applications, etc over.
    8) Open Palm Desktop and remove the "Rom Update" user.

I leave the Firmware updater application at the [Next] screen the entire time. After step #6 is complete, I just hit [Cancel].

I think this is a cleaner way to do things because it prevents the remains of the firmware update being "backed up". It also ensures I"ve got plenty of RAM and that running applications won't interfere.
    I was having the problem where it kept trying to update and after 3 times I pulled the plug just to see that it didn't update. I then followed your instructions and everything went as planned.. Thanx...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    I'm on a Mac and followed the Mac instructions and have got a good update to 1.12. However, after deleting the 35 files in the backup folder and then doing another sync the 35 files return after each sync. Any ideas of how to stop that?
    TreoSaurus
    Hey I'm about to do a backupman restore after the update.

-Does anyone know if you should delete the BTmanagerpatch from shadowmite before doing this?!!!! And if so, what is the file name in ram?!!

Thanks...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Hey I'm about to do a backupman restore after the update.

-Does anyone know if you should delete the BTmanagerpatch from shadowmite before doing this?!!!! And if so, what is the file name in ram?!!

Thanks...
    I would - file name is BTManager.prc (original file name was BTManager.patched.prc)
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    I would - file name is BTManager.prc (original file name was BTManager.patched.prc)

Yeah but how do you delete the patched version? When I goto filez or file manager in Zlauncher, I just see BTmanger.prc in ram and it doesn't allow you to delete it b/c is supposedly in ram? How do I know I'm using the new BTmanager or the old patched version?

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Update=wow!
    I can take handwritten notes now!!!!
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    Yeah but how do you delete the patched version? When I goto filez or file manager in Zlauncher, I just see BTmanger.prc in ram and it doesn't allow you to delete it b/c is supposedly in ram? How do I know I'm using the new BTmanager or the old patched version?
    The regular BT Manger file was in ROM - did you do a custom ROM that included the patched version?
    I noticed that bluetooth redial is now working with using my Treo Wireless headset.

Although I couldn't get BT DUN working consistantly. I kept having to pair and unpair my phone with my PC.
    The regular BT Manger file was in ROM - did you do a custom ROM that included the patched version?

No, I was just using the patched prc for the cdma 650. Btw, thanks for all the effort to help!

When was the last time that happenned huh?

No, I was just using the patched prc for the cdma 650. Btw, thanks for all the effort to help!

When was the last time that happenned huh?
    No problem Strange that it won't allow you to delete it. I'd just flash the new one and then not restore the BT Manager file - does BackupMan allow you to do that?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Just done the update following Evil Ghost's instructions. Thank you. I gained 1.5 mb. in memory and I did clear the cache first. The speed of dialing phone numbers is instantaneous and it seems that switching between applications is faster now. No comment on bluetooth as I still don't use it. All seems well though. Very thrilled.

-------------------------------
    Treo 650 Sprint
    1.12 rocks !
    No problem Strange that it won't allow you to delete it. I'd just flash the new one and then not restore the BT Manager file - does BackupMan allow you to do that?
    Stangely enough, backupman lists all the BT prefs file except BTmanager.prc itself. Anyway, I just checked the version number on the Bt manager I have installed post the update and it's:

Bluetooth Manger v. 1.0(w)
    Copyright 2004

I assume this is still the old patched version right? Can anyone else please confirm what the BT manager version number they get after the update? Thanks...

Bluetooth Manger v. 1.0(w)
    Copyright 2004

I assume this is still the old patched version right? Can anyone else please confirm what the BT manager version number they get after the update? Thanks...
    Version after the update is 2.0(W)
    **edited: Version 2.0 shows when viewing file info in FileZ or ZLauncher's file manager. Version in About screen of BT application shows V 1.0(W)
    Last edited by treo2die4; 06/17/2005 at 01:04 AM.
    Everything went smoothly and i gained about a meg and a half and lost some prefs but i also got the "unnamed connection". Anyone figured this out yet??
    "Someone call the Whambulance"
    Photo Blog
    My Space
    Version after the update is 2.0(W)

crap!

I still have bt manager v1.0 also. backupman restore after update...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.