Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmay
    I forgot to mention I also removed the battery, no help.
    Hard reset, and reflash with 1.12, I'd try my procedure, I've always had 100% success. When I supported the 13 Treo 650's in my organization, these are the steps I'd use when updating their phones.

Never had any problems.
    Is your charger cable connected to the cradle? I got a similar message with the USB cable twice. Then I realized the charger connection had fallen loose. DOH!
    evilghost thanks for your great directions!!! I am actually gonna copy those to a word document for future reference.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    DUN is really easy to use and fairly fast...but they do dumb down the images using low-res (de)compression.

Andy
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    4 down, 160 to go! No issues as far as I can see...
    evilghosts instructions are basically palms, but in english.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Yes it is on the charger. I was getting the message when I snatched it out of the cradle. I hard reset, and my unit was OK. Still at 1.08. I am running the updater again now. With my unit hard rest I am hoping it will go OK.
    Don't freak bobmay. Stay calm. Take your time between steps. Had same issues with the treo 600 last year and eventually got it worked out with no damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    Version 1.08 supposedly broke Supertooth's ability to receive BT calls. Can someone please tell me whether the new firmware has this functionality?

Still no receive on Supertooth even with update.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmay
    Yes it is on the charger. I was getting the message when I snatched it out of the cradle. I hard reset, and my unit was OK. Still at 1.08. I am running the updater again now. With my unit hard rest I am hoping it will go OK.
    You're probably good to go with the hard reset. Are you sure you had enough RAM available the first time?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    wow this update is GREAT. The dun is great now that it's supported, but I am more happy about the dialing lag is gone now, that annoyed me. Great job palmone and sprint. I kinda feel bad for the gsm'ers. I seemed to gain maybe half a meg after this update. EVILGHOST, thanks again for your great directions.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Its cool. I have sucessfully updated to 1.12.
    To recap my oiginal procedure.
    1. Hotsynced my normal account
    2. Soft reset
    3. Returned to cradle with charger after soft reset
    4. Unzipped ROM
    5. Followed ROM instructions.

After looping thru 4 updates.
    1. HARD reset
    2. Checked phone OK still on 1.08
    3. Created new account (1.12UPDATE)
    4. Hotsynched new account
    4. Installed updater OK

Now excuse me while I reinstall only the apps I need to get by. I don't want to reload everything just in case.

Thanks for your support, you guys, and gals are better than the best!
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    wow this update is GREAT. The dun is great now that it's supported, but I am more happy about the dialing lag is gone now, that annoyed me. Great job palmone and sprint. I kinda feel bad for the gsm'ers. I seemed to gain maybe half a meg after this update. EVILGHOST, thanks again for your great directions.
    Anytime, glad I could help. I like using the separate user to do the rom upates. I think it makes it go faster.

One issue, the new keyboard dimming functions breaks kblightsoff in that the kb lights are reactivated when I adjust the backlight even if they are turned off, and I have to turn them off again using kblightsoff. Not a major issue.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Forgot to mention. I oriinally started with 13+ meg free. I also removed my SD card before starting.
    Quote Originally Posted by burnout
    Did the update change the name of your network service to "Unnamed"? I went into prefs to change it back. It automatically selects "High Speed Wireless" as the connection. Won't work when I change the name and leave my username and password alone. So now I am connecting to Unnamed.
    Same story here -- now network connection is labeled "Unnamed".
    After the update my phone reboots when it receives a call, guess I'll try again.

G.
    Wasn't this supposed to be out @ the end of the month ;-)

Man, I'm on vacation w/o my computer. Can't wait until I get back to update!
    wow, I just notice the keyboard dims with the screen now, very cool.
    This is really cool and all, but does anyone know how to find one's registration number for their doc2go? Doc2go 7.000 doesn't work with 1.12 and needs to be upgraded, but we need a registration code to upgrade. Palmone only gave this link which is useless:

http://www.dataviz.com/downloads/redownloads/index.html

So... anyone? Am I the only one with this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Here's the process I use everytime to update, and I don't have out of memory issues/etc.

1) Hotsync phone, to make sure I've got a good backup.
    2) Perform a hard-reset. The device is now clean with plenty of ram.
    3) Using Palm Desktop, create a new user called "Rom Update". Basically, click the "Edit Users" button. See attached image.
    4) Run the Rom Updater Tool, select "Rom Update" as the target user.
    5) Hotsync the Treo, when prompted to create a new profile, or existing profile, select the existing "Rom Update" user.
    6) The ROM files get copied over, the Treo 650 will update, then reboot/hard-reset.
    7) Hotsync, when prompted to create a new profile, or existing profile, select your original hotsync id. It will copy all your prefs, files, applications, etc over.
    8) Open Palm Desktop and remove the "Rom Update" user.

I leave the Firmware updater application at the [Next] screen the entire time. After step #6 is complete, I just hit [Cancel].

I think this is a cleaner way to do things because it prevents the remains of the firmware update being "backed up". It also ensures I"ve got plenty of RAM and that running applications won't interfere.
    Crap....I lost everything. No info under ROM Update or my original profile.

If I have my Original profile on my Office PC, can I recover my info?
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast