Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132 LastLast
    ^You're missing the point. They probably didn't want to send it out to a million (or whatever it is) Treo users at once. They put out the release for power users and the informed and then sent out the message later to all users to catch the rest up.

It makes sense to pace the rollout in order for support calls to be spread out. Instead of a big hit all at once.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    <merged>
    I just got a message from Sprint telling me to go to the site and download an update. I already have 1.12 from months back, and cannot find anything new on the site. Are they REALLY this slow? Anyone else get this message? Am I missing something?
    I got the same message. So did my wife. I am not sure why either.
    I got my message yesterday, then today I got a message to press *2 and update the tower info. I'm guessing the software update message may have been stuck in a que for a couple of months.
    <merged>
    I got my Update Message yesterday. What's wrong with these people......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Same here, got mine a couple of days ago.
    Anyone had problems with calendar crashing treo 650 after the 1.12 update? Mine does this when phone is on or off, with a call active or inactive using the directional pad when rapidly moving through day, week, or month view. Any help or links would be great.
    Nope, and I don't recall other people reporting the problem, either. First, of course, I assume you've tried a soft reset?

I'd look at other software you have that might be intercepting keypresses. Try disabling any "background" processing apps and see what happens. If no luck, post back with a list of the software you have installed, and we'll try to help.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Thanks,

I have a few apps: Splash ID, Doc to Go, missing sync, mmplayer (trial) and that's it. I have a gig scandisk SD and did have the DUN hack rolling prior to the update. I had to redo the update once for lack of memory, but it works great (DUN, dimmer, ect). The crashing is a total pain for obvious reasons. Trying to jump to a date with a call on the phone to set an appointment and......reset....ouch.
    BTW, how would I "disabling any "background" processing apps". Thanks.
    Here is another thread where I am getting advice on the post 1.12 crashing, go to the last page of the thread:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ferrerid=41812

FYI

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Nope, and I don't recall other people reporting the problem, either. First, of course, I assume you've tried a soft reset?

I'd look at other software you have that might be intercepting keypresses. Try disabling any "background" processing apps and see what happens. If no luck, post back with a list of the software you have installed, and we'll try to help.
    Last edited by Blood Duster; 08/12/2005 at 02:38 PM. Reason: added info
    Not sure what to do. Just had a 650 replaced because of tons of problems failures with the phone after 1.12 install.

Now I have this phone, it is v 1.0. I would do nothing, but when I try to go to "Phone Preferences" the Treo does a soft reset every time.

So do I deal with this nuisence or do I upgrade to 1.12 that may be fatally flawed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    Not sure what to do. Just had a 650 replaced because of tons of problems failures with the phone after 1.12 install.

Now I have this phone, it is v 1.0. I would do nothing, but when I try to go to "Phone Preferences" the Treo does a soft reset every time.

So do I deal with this nuisence or do I upgrade to 1.12 that may be fatally flawed?
    After the reset I hit ##377, and it says ...
    A reset was caused on 8/25/05 at 1:39 pm whil running "Phone":
    MemoryMgr.c,
    Line:3732, NULL handle
    I upgraded to Sprint 1.12, and now versamail refuses to log onto POP acount, and it will not download internet pages anymore. Anyone else experiencing this? It was working fine before the "upgrade".
    Quote Originally Posted by cdavport
    I upgraded to Sprint 1.12, and now versamail refuses to log onto POP acount, and it will not download internet pages anymore. Anyone else experiencing this? It was working fine before the "upgrade".
    I had to leave the Sprint PCS field blank on the network setup to connect. Strange, but it works fine now.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdavport

Try updating your Vision Profile...

Dial ##DATA
    Press Menu button
    Update Vision Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Try updating your Vision Profile...

Dial ##DATA
    Press Menu button
    Update Vision Profile
    I started getting POP server timeouts several weeks after the upgrade. Couldn't find a solution so checked the forums and saw your suggestion for a similar problem. That fixed it. Saved me a frustrating call to Sprint's non-help desk. Thanks!
    Cool. Sprint should have just have the setup program update the Vision Profile. It's not a bad idea to run the update once in a while because it also updates the PRL list, which has the list of towers. Sprint is adding 3-5 towers per market per month so it's good to keep the PRL up to date.