Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132 LastLast
    just to confirm that I'm understanding you correct. You are saying that VolumeCare will improve the microphone quality of the Treo 650 so that if I've got a 650 the people that I'm calling can hear me with greater clarity?
    Quote Originally Posted by bjabrad
    just to confirm that I'm understanding you correct. You are saying that VolumeCare will improve the microphone quality of the Treo 650 so that if I've got a 650 the people that I'm calling can hear me with greater clarity?
    I don't know if it improves the quality of the microphone, but it makes your voice sound louder to the person / animal / inanimate object on the other end of the call.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Quote Originally Posted by bjabrad
    This is the experience I hear from the people that I talk to on my Treo 650.

Overall, the actual volume of the MIC is what is changed but the effect is greater overall quality of the voice signal the phone sends.

Jeff
    I thought that this was kind of comical. Sprint sent me a message on 8/4/05 stating:

"From Sprint: Important software update available for the Treo 650. From your PC, go to www.palmone.com/us/support/sprintup05 to download update."

Almost 2 months late?

Yeah, thanks for being on top of things Sprint!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    I thought that this was kind of comical. Sprint sent me a message on 8/4/05 stating:

"From Sprint: Important software update available for the Treo 650. From your PC, go to www.palmone.com/us/support/sprintup05 to download update."

Almost 2 months late?

Yeah, thanks for being on top of things Sprint!
    Yeah, I got the same instant message too. How funny.
    I got it, too. at first I thought another update might have been posted, but I guess it's just avery delayed notice. I wonder why several of us received the same message, apparently on the same date?
    Sorry if this has already been addressed, but since I added the update I cannot hear the persons voice or even their phone ringing when I place or take a call. I also seem to have lost some sounds (starup tones, game sounds). I do get sounds when I receive a text message and when i select ringers in preferences.

Help!!
    Just to note, I recieved the message also.
    I got the same late message too from Sprint sometime last week.
    I got pretty excited until I opened the website...haha
    ...and that "urgent" text message directs you to a site that isn't compatible with the Treo. Brilliant. Gotta find a desktop and surf around their site to finally find out they are referring to version 1.12. How about just mentioning the firmware version in the text message and saving me all that time, Sprint? Apparently they have no way of capturing firmware versions of clients and just sending the message out to the clients that aren't up to date. Or it's too "hard" to do that...

I got a similar text message from them about a month ago, turned out to be the same 1.12 (obviously). Guess I'll see one about the 5th of each month, huh - I'll set myself a repeating to-do to ignore it.

If this is what passes for support on the Treo, I think the Sprint-funded "improvements" from the Treo 600 that were made to the Treo 650 can now be understood in context. Apparently they haven't much of a clue there, and this is just more confirmation of that fact. 14-16MB of available RAM probably felt like TONS to someone who has never used a Palm or Treo.

Bodes badly for the next Treo having any decent amount of RAM if these monkeys have any influence over the design...
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I just received (1155 EDT, 8 Aug 05) a message from Sprint about "Important software update available for Treo 650."

Anyone know anything about this? Is this just an old message for 1.12?
    Quote Originally Posted by F1Turbo
    Is this just an old message for 1.12?
    Yes, I think so.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    it's the old one
    I just received an SMS from Sprint that says there is a new update available ... but the URL it provided didn't work: www.palmone.com/us/support/sprintup05. Has anyone else gotten this?
    Quote Originally Posted by pl804
    I just received an SMS from Sprint that says there is a new update available ... but the URL it provided didn't work: www.palmone.com/us/support/sprintup05. Has anyone else gotten this?
    Scratch that - link now works and leads to 1.12
    I just got the same SMS message to update my phone. Boy, Sprint sure is slow.
    jst got message to firmware update 6.12......i update months ago....why would they send a message to update.....is there another one i should know about?
    1.12 is the current.

Their message, at this late date, has already spawned 4 to 5 of these threads. . . . .