Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 621
  1. #41  
    I wonder how many hits TurdyCentrals' got. It seems to me that PalmOne is actually doing a pretty exceptional job at backing up the Treo 650 product and releasing firmware on a timely basis to address these concerns.

    Of course, the GRPS users suck anway, so PalmOne is smart to ignore them ;P
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...p-BED76CEF.bmp

    Are you getting a slight delay as you activate DUN?
    I am, but more so, when I deactivate it.

    What I think is happening, which is smart for the Idiots out there.

    It's attempting to "Disconnect from Vision". Remember in the past the translib error with the "hack" and the billions of threads on "WTF?" and "OMFG! I r u the hat3d at thee treeeoh".

    I had a pretty bad lag when I was roaming and deactivated it, but all in all, it's better than the hack. Less steps involved.

    Man, Voicedial is just flying now. Before there was at least a 3 to 8 second lag from Voicedial to actual dialing, now it's *boom*, dialing.
  3. #43  
    I'm also noticing that the phone has gotten much smarter at trying to connect to Vision when roaming. Before it would attempt to connect, even if roaming, lock the phone up for a bit, and then finally fail.

    Now, it immediately says "Error: Data service is not available while roaming. Please try again later when you return to your Home network." Nice, I used to get pissed at the attempted Vision connections while roaming.
  4. #44  
    I have a shadowmite custom rom, I am trying to use his restore rom to do this update. I did his restore rom update, and then tried to hotsync the update from palmone but I get a message that it cannot hotsync the port is use by another application. I have a feeling I am missing a step, I can't remember how I did this the last time we got a sprint update and I restored using shadowmites restore rom, and successfully updated using palmone's first update for us. Can someone point me in the right direction?
  5. #45  
    I didn't have to back down to the original. I went right from a Shadowmite 1.08 ROM to a SprintPCS Offical 1.12 without any issue using only the ROM Updater from Sprint. Why are you going back to the restore ROM?
  6. #46  
    I am using markspace missing sync on my powerbook to do this by the way. The last time I did this it went smoothly, I just can't remember what I am doing/ not doing.
  7. #47  
    Keyboard lights dim with the screen now too...

    Oh yeah...FREE DUTCH!!!!! Kinda like "Free Kevin Mitnick"
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    I have a shadowmite custom rom, I am trying to use his restore rom to do this update. I did his restore rom update, and then tried to hotsync the update from palmone but I get a message that it cannot hotsync the port is use by another application. I have a feeling I am missing a step, I can't remember how I did this the last time we got a sprint update and I restored using shadowmites restore rom, and successfully updated using palmone's first update for us. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    You don't need to restore an original ROM.
    .
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9. #49  
    I thought we had to go back.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    I'm also noticing that the phone has gotten much smarter at trying to connect to Vision when roaming. Before it would attempt to connect, even if roaming, lock the phone up for a bit, and then finally fail.

    Now, it immediately says "Error: Data service is not available while roaming. Please try again later when you return to your Home network." Nice, I used to get pissed at the attempted Vision connections while roaming.

    Did the update change the name of your network service to "Unnamed"? I went into prefs to change it back. It automatically selects "High Speed Wireless" as the connection. Won't work when I change the name and leave my username and password alone. So now I am connecting to Unnamed.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by burnout
    Did the update change the name of your network service to "Unnamed"? I went into prefs to change it back. It automatically selects "High Speed Wireless" as the connection. Won't work when I change the name and leave my username and password alone. So now I am connecting to Unnamed.
    Negative, I'm still "PCS Vision" for the service name. The whole phone appears faster too, when switching between applications and menus. Note, I am using DBCache Tool and when I had installed it on 1.08 I noticed a significant decrease in load times/etc, but now it seems even faster than with 1.08.
  12. #52  
    Sorry guys, I didn't know I could use it with shadowmite's rom. Now I am going back to his custom rom 3, I should then be able to just sync the update?
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    Sorry guys, I didn't know I could use it with shadowmite's rom. Now I am going back to his custom rom 3, I should then be able to just sync the update?
    Don't be sorry, I'd stop what you're doing right now and just apply 1.12, don't put any more ROMs on there.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by soccrnj80
    Sorry guys, I didn't know I could use it with shadowmite's rom. Now I am going back to his custom rom 3, I should then be able to just sync the update?
    Unless you somehow bricked your Treo, you can just apply the new ROM as is...no extra steps.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  15. #55  
    I have to delete a few apps to make room for the updater.

    I didn't realize I used so much memory with programs like TCPMG, Verichat, Snapper, and PTunes. Does everyone use these programs from the PDA memory or from the SD Card?
  16. bobmay's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #56  
    HELP! I am freaking out. My unit is going through the update for the THIRD time. When it finishes it resets, goes to the phone screen, then starts the update over again. Should I snatch it out the cradle, and hard reset?

    I do not want a $600 brick!
  17. #57  
    Here's the process I use everytime to update, and I don't have out of memory issues/etc.

    1) Hotsync phone, to make sure I've got a good backup.
    2) Perform a hard-reset. The device is now clean with plenty of ram.
    3) Using Palm Desktop, create a new user called "Rom Update". Basically, click the "Edit Users" button. See attached image.
    4) Run the Rom Updater Tool, select "Rom Update" as the target user.
    5) Hotsync the Treo, when prompted to create a new profile, or existing profile, select the existing "Rom Update" user.
    6) The ROM files get copied over, the Treo 650 will update, then reboot/hard-reset.
    7) Hotsync, when prompted to create a new profile, or existing profile, select your original hotsync id. It will copy all your prefs, files, applications, etc over.
    8) Open Palm Desktop and remove the "Rom Update" user.

    I leave the Firmware updater application at the [Next] screen the entire time. After step #6 is complete, I just hit [Cancel].

    I think this is a cleaner way to do things because it prevents the remains of the firmware update being "backed up". It also ensures I"ve got plenty of RAM and that running applications won't interfere.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  18. bobmay's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #58  
    I agree with your procedure. The instructions said in step 4 "do not perform a hard reset" . After it finished the third time I removed it from the cradle, and soft reset. The unit wants to update again. It is telling me to connect the charger. I have put the unit back in the cradle, and it is updating for the fourth time.
    Any votes for a hard reset at this time?
  19. #59  
    Didn't gain any memory but the keyboard lights are dimmer. Lost a few preferences like previous user. No big deal. Dial lag much better.
  20. bobmay's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #60  
    I forgot to mention I also removed the battery, no help.
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions