Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 19242526272829303132 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fikse
    good news!

The Treo 650 now works with my Infiniti M45....
    Nice Car!
    hey dudes - hope you're all well

my phone is updating, but it seems to be stuck on "RESTORING ITEMS" ----- the bar shows that its almost done, but its been on "RESTORING ITEMS" for around 20 minutes now - is there a problem? THANKS!!!!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    nevermind - update finished!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by F1Turbo
    I guess mine is dead, Treo 650 #2 RIP.

Local Sprint Store gave me a new one. Firmware is 1.08.

I went to the F1 (non) Race this weekend in Indy, and Sunday night my Treo couldn't connect to the network. I was hoping a hard reset and firmware update would take care of the problem, but, no. I'm happy about getting a replacement while I waited though.

I know this is a bit late since you have received your replacement but I thought i would post this in case someone else reads this or in the event you have this issue again.

The store staff will rarely if ever know how to troubleshoot this issue.

I had the same problem when I was out of town working a live concert and wanting to check email. I found that my T650 could not connect to network. I even tried the trusty trick of changing the password to the same one or to another pw and back to the valid one. That has worked in the past with "vision" only problems.

Here is the solution, it worked and took exactly 100 seconds to perform.

I used backupman to restore only the "network" files necessary to connect. There were three files and I have listed the three files for your convenience.

Backupman- menu-restore individual files-

Net Prefs (Network Preferences)
    NetworkDB (Network database)
    NetworkProfiles2

Once these three files are restored, you can be hundreds of miles from home as I was and hundreds of miles from any of your laptops/desktops (or be sitting at your desk) and still be back up and running without calling Sprint CS or asking for a store's assistance.

I hope this helps and if you like, check it out now if you have backupman or have downloaded the free demo and have a valid backup since once you see the three individual files to restore, you can easily exit without doing so in the event you are checking this out and not needing to restore right now.

I did not restore my whole backup and did not lose everything since th last backup because I only restored the 3 individual files. Again, I restored only the three files mentioned above. Everything has worked fine since.

Also of note is the fact is like any other media it is important to back up your T650. The backup programs are great in my opinion because you can back up to and restore from an SD card so when you are nowhere near any of your computers you can still quickly and easily restore.

Thanks

Mike
    Last edited by Produce Her; 07/01/2005 at 06:13 PM. Reason: and one more thing . . .
    Ok perhaps I am a lame *** or something but I cant actually use the DUN. It is nice that we have a new icon when it can work but has anyone actually used it to get a laptop on the internet? And if so how?
    I called Sprint and they have no Idea how to set up the treo as a modem and claim that I should not have been able to get the latest update. Sprint is not ready to help use the phone as usual.
    I can't figure it out either you are not alone. I am still using PdaNet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yock
    Ok perhaps I am a lame *** or something but I cant actually use the DUN. It is nice that we have a new icon when it can work but has anyone actually used it to get a laptop on the internet? And if so how?
    I called Sprint and they have no Idea how to set up the treo as a modem and claim that I should not have been able to get the latest update. Sprint is not ready to help use the phone as usual.
    Step 1) Get yerself a USB adapter!!
    Step 2) Plug it in.
    Step 3) Install software (steps 2 and 3 might need to be switched; trial and
    error is the key...I can't even remember if I installed software)
    Step 4) On the Treo, make sure that Bluetooth is ON but DUN is OFF!!
    Step 5) Open Bluetooth Manager on laptop
    Step 6) Click Find devices in range
    Step 7) Right click your smartphone
    Step 8) Click "Pair"
    Step 9) Type in 0000 on both phone and laptop as passcodes
    Step 10) Check "Add to Trusted Devices" or something similar
    Step 11) NOW enable DUN on the Treo
    Step 12) Create a DUN account with your sprintusername@sprint.com and your sprint password....you're not going to dial a phone number, but you're going to put "#777" without the quotations.
    Step 13) Connect and have fun surfing the web on your laptop!

**Note - If something went wrong then try deleting your smartphone from the bluetooth manager and repeating steps 6 through 10 'til it does pair. Once paired, you should be OK.
    It also depends on what software and drivers you use with your bluetooth dongle. The widcomm ones are great, I really don't know much about other ones because widcomm makes it so simple and it's very stable. Other drivers such as the Microsoft ones are not DUN capable.

If you're using the widcomm ones, open my bluetooth places, make your phone discoverable (and make sure to exit the bluetooth screen) then have your computer search for devices, pair the phone and the computer, then turn on dun on your phone, discover services of your phone by clicking the phone icon and then you will see "dial up networking". Click on that and then enter your vision username and pass, the phone number is #777 and then click ok.

Hope that helps.
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Just surfed 29 pages of this thread and didn't see this anywhere so here goes.

1. Sound Quality is supposed to be improved by the update but who's sound is improved? The Treo user via speaker or the people the the Treo is calling? I ask this because while I don't have a 650, the biggest thing that prevents me from going down to Costco right now and picking up the 650 is my friends who call me on their 650's and I have a very hard time understanding them. As cool as these Treo 650's are, I think that they are probably the worst sounding phones I know of to be called from. Is it important to be heard? I think it is. Cool device though so I'm still on the fence. Any feedback would be appreciated on if the 1.12 update helps this any.

2. It looks like the current version in retail stores for new 650's is probably the 1.08 from reading a prior post. As I understand it the store will provide the update for you. If this is the case then wouldn't most people just take their phone to Sprint and let the tech's do the update? What am I missing? What is the downside? Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjabrad
    Just surfed 29 pages of this thread and didn't see this anywhere so here goes.

1. Sound Quality is supposed to be improved by the update but who's sound is improved? The Treo user via speaker or the people the the Treo is calling? I ask this because while I don't have a 650, the biggest thing that prevents me from going down to Costco right now and picking up the 650 is my friends who call me on their 650's and I have a very hard time understanding them. As cool as these Treo 650's are, I think that they are probably the worst sounding phones I know of to be called from. Is it important to be heard? I think it is. Cool device though so I'm still on the fence. Any feedback would be appreciated on if the 1.12 update helps this any.

2. It looks like the current version in retail stores for new 650's is probably the 1.08 from reading a prior post. As I understand it the store will provide the update for you. If this is the case then wouldn't most people just take their phone to Sprint and let the tech's do the update? What am I missing? What is the downside? Any help would be appreciated.
    1.Use VolumeCare and that should fix the sound issue for both you and the person on the other line.

2.Sprint's store support are not knowledgeable at all. I knew about the Sprint update before any of the store CS or Tech guys. But it is very simple to do the update.
    1. Have your friends applied the updates??? Sound quality was actually improved from the original firmware to 1.08. Made a MAJOR difference for me. My friend couldn't understand me a lot either, now he says it sounds great and bought 3 for him and his co-workers.

2. Why would most ppl want to go down to the store, wait in a long line, then wait several hours w/o their phone for an update that takes a few minutes? Hmmmmm...let me think.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    i bought a Sprint Treo from P1 and modified it (with the help of this forum) to work on the Verizon network. Is the new firmware safe for me to install. I have been told that the release fixes problems with "enable local time" and some BT problems? Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Why would most ppl want to go down to the store, wait in a long line, then wait several hours w/o their phone for an update that takes a few minutes? Hmmmmm...let me think.
    'Cause most people aren't that bright and might find that a huge convenience factor...maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfd9880
    i bought a Sprint Treo from P1 and modified it (with the help of this forum) to work on the Verizon network. Is the new firmware safe for me to install. I have been told that the release fixes problems with "enable local time" and some BT problems? Any help would be appreciated.
    The answer lies in one of these 29 pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    1. Have your friends applied the updates??? Sound quality was actually improved from the original firmware to 1.08. Made a MAJOR difference for me. My friend couldn't understand me a lot either, now he says it sounds great and bought 3 for him and his co-workers.

One is using the original and the other is using 1.08 and I can't tell the difference when listening to them, they are both pretty bad. If 1.12 fixes the problem then I'm a new Treo 650 user.

2. Why would most ppl want to go down to the store, wait in a long line, then wait several hours w/o their phone for an update that takes a few minutes? Hmmmmm...let me think.
    I haven't had terrible problems at the store. I have dropped off a phone, grabbed lunch and come back an hour later to retrieve an updated phone.

It might be a simple update for most but I don't get that impression from reading 29 pages of people who tried to install 5-10 times without success. Batteries that weren't set at 100%, etc... Just makes me a little hesitant to try it myself. I also don't know if Sprint backs up your information but since I would be getting a new phone it wouldn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    1.Use VolumeCare and that should fix the sound issue for both you and the person on the other line.

2.Sprint's store support are not knowledgeable at all. I knew about the Sprint update before any of the store CS or Tech guys. But it is very simple to do the update.

Thanks for the tip on VolumeCare. I'll try to find it and let my friends know about it. You may have converted me if this fixes the audio quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjabrad
    Thanks for the tip on VolumeCare. I'll try to find it and let my friends know about it. You may have converted me if this fixes the audio quality.
    You won't be dissapointed with Volume care. I go to nightclubs all the time where the music can get extremely loud, and with volume care I don't have to go outside to use my phone. You can find it here and test it for 14 days. www.gotreosoftware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    You won't be dissapointed with Volume care. I go to nightclubs all the time where the music can get extremely loud, and with volume care I don't have to go outside to use my phone. You can find it here and test it for 14 days. www.gotreosoftware.com
    What clubs?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yock
    ... has anyone actually used it to get a laptop on the internet? And if so how? ...
    yes, works great.
    i'm on a mac.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650