Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    The base rom 1.12 is up at my site in SD format: www.shadowmite.com/1.12rom.zip

Not yet tested, there is a thread in my forum...
    Any ideas when will the ROM 4 or 5 will be updated to 1.12? I can't wait.

Thanks,

Al
    ETA: I deleted the file from memory called: Phone_SPCS_MS650_Pink.prc and I got the new phone options now. Then I didnt have my call duration listed in my call log anymore though. I had to add the hacked Phone_SPCS.prc file so I gpt my call durations back in my call log. Its on Shadowmite's site, FYI. http://shadowmite.com/p-f.html

ORIGINAL POST:
    I didnt get any of the new phone preferences either... Help!

Do you have the new options? NO
    Did you have a custom ROM before the upgrade? NO
    Did you follow the standard or alternate (hard reset) procedure to upgrade? Alt-Hard reset method
    Anything else "non-standard" about your phone? Nope, most of my apps on SD card

Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    I apparently didn't get any of the new phone prefs.. The LED blinking thing and the ability to uncheck adding unknown numbers after a call... Anyone else?

Bek
    Last edited by techprincesse; 06/19/2005 at 01:12 AM.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    What's left for Palm to fix via firmware updates?

Is everyone happy now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Any ideas when will the ROM 4 or 5 will be updated to 1.12? I can't wait.

Thanks,

Al
    According to the thread on his site, probably tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by manorton
    What's left for Palm to fix via firmware updates?

Is everyone happy now?
    Well there is a minor bug they have created with the new keyboard dimming feature. Any time you change the screen brightness, the KB lights will come on (aasuming hey were off before the change). Kind of annouying but the worst part is when the KB lights are switched on, there is no update to the internal operating system structures. This means the KB lights are on but an application that manages the KB lights will not know they are on. I have found a way around this problem in ProfileCare but this needs to be fixed in the next ROM version.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by shanta
    I already posted how to fix this, you need to go back and read.

Basically you need to have vision reprovisioned.
    I just went in and changed the name through the edit option.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Anytime, glad I could help. I like using the separate user to do the rom upates. I think it makes it go faster.

One issue, the new keyboard dimming functions breaks kblightsoff in that the kb lights are reactivated when I adjust the backlight even if they are turned off, and I have to turn them off again using kblightsoff. Not a major issue.
    FYI. I have fixed this behavior in ProfileCare's keyboard control feature.

Jeff
    I just made my first, totally custom ROM. I had previously just customized Shadowmite's ROMs but I took the plunge. It was really easy and worked perfectly.

I had a 1.08 custom ROM before and first did the stock 1.12 updater directly from PalmOne. I didn't change my ID or anything else. I then ran the ROMUpdater for my custom ROM and then hotsynced after it was finished. It worked perfectly!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I just went in and changed the name through the edit option.

Jeff

Yeah I did that first, but once I reconnected to vision after changing the name it produced an error and would not connect, so reprovisioning vision was the fix for my Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyjacks
    Hello- I'm wondering

if one is able to browse without any problems is it such a bad thing to be logging in to unamed network instead of seeing it say Sprint PCS?

Thanks

Mike
    Cool, a new firmware update! Time to try it out myself.
    Wow Palmone must have made some internal staff changes, this is the first time that everything works now after over a year.
    Simple things that should have been no brainers..
    I am very happy with my Parrot 3300 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I just made my first, totally custom ROM. I had previously just customized Shadowmite's ROMs but I took the plunge. It was really easy and worked perfectly.

I had a 1.08 custom ROM before and first did the stock 1.12 updater directly from PalmOne. I didn't change my ID or anything else. I then ran the ROMUpdater for my custom ROM and then hotsynced after it was finished. It worked perfectly!
    Did you take Shadow's zip file of the 1.12 and then extract the files you didn't want, Real, Versa, Tutorial, etc. and then add your apps? I did one last night where I extracted the files that he had listed in green in his master list and then added my ten apps that I want in ROM. But, I just couldn't full the trigger and flash it.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Did you take Shadow's zip file of the 1.12 and then extract the files you didn't want, Real, Versa, Tutorial, etc. and then add your apps? I did one last night where I extracted the files that he had listed in green in his master list and then added my ten apps that I want in ROM. But, I just couldn't full the trigger and flash it.
    That's exactly what I did. I took most of the green files out, but left memo, world clock and the font file that was shared between versamail and blazer. I added keyshades, snapper, zlauncher, ledhead, yahdice, and voicememo and notepad from the lifedrive ROM.
    Wow, after reading this thread, my eyes hurt (great thread..)

Does anyone know if this fixes the BTMute issue???
    I am trying to find out if PalmOne's new units are shipping with the updated firmware. Does anyone know?
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    That's exactly what I did. I took most of the green files out, but left memo, world clock and the font file that was shared between versamail and blazer. I added keyshades, snapper, zlauncher, ledhead, yahdice, and voicememo and notepad from the lifedrive ROM.
    Thanks, I guess I just need to pull the trigger and see what happens. I did not get an error when I build the zip file, so I think I should be okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Thanks, I guess I just need to pull the trigger and see what happens. I did not get an error when I build the zip file, so I think I should be okay.
    I might suggest that you look in the customized zip acepalmos file prior to your flash - make sure there are no folders in it as it will cause an unrecoverable reset loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Well there is a minor bug they have created with the new keyboard dimming feature. Any time you change the screen brightness, the KB lights will come on (aasuming hey were off before the change). Kind of annouying but the worst part is when the KB lights are switched on, there is no update to the internal operating system structures. This means the KB lights are on but an application that manages the KB lights will not know they are on. I have found a way around this problem in ProfileCare but this needs to be fixed in the next ROM version.

Jeff
    I'm using the KeyShades hack and I find that now when there is a reset (which seems to have been happening more than usual now with the update), the keys come back as off regardless of whether I had them as on with KeyShades before the reset.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    I might suggest that you look in the customized zip acepalmos file prior to your flash - make sure there are no folders in it as it will cause an unrecoverable reset loop.
    I jumped in and ran the ROMUpdate and everything appears fine. I stripped basically what you did and added Docs to Go, Snapper, PowerRun, Botzam Backup, TakePhone, TreoAlarm, LedOff, FileZ, SoftReset, and Universal Wireless Keyboard Driver.

This gave me back 2.5mb of RAM.
    Last edited by JohnH59; 06/19/2005 at 03:32 PM.