Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    Newbie, NEWBIE!!!

Let the flaming begin!!!

Just kidding, welcome, WELCOME!!!
    What am I missing?
    Rjmoose,

Thanks for the idea. I will have to try deleting and reinstalling Directory Assistant. By the way, what is the current version of DA? Does anyone have the link to download the latest DA version? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Rjmoose,

Thanks for the idea. I will have to try deleting and reinstalling Directory Assistant. By the way, what is the current version of DA? Does anyone have the link to download the latest DA version? Thanks!
    I believe it is 3.11 (at least mine is)

http://home.triad.rr.com/rlwhitt/palm/#da
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by jrider
    What am I missing?
    Your missing a joke, Ha Ha. Hardy Har Har.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Does anyone have problems with express since update I have been resetting every time. Is it just me or is it a bug I tried deletting it and restoring from backup also deleted and installed from handmark website same resetting

fred
    jrider, this Yoda character is a known thread jacker and flamethrower. I'd stear clear of him.

Better to stick with some of TC's more civilized or respectful clientele, like myself, than the likes of this scallawag!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    jrider, this Yoda character is a known thread jacker and flamethrower. I'd stear clear of him.

Better to stick with some of TC's more civilized or respectful clientele, like myself, than the likes of this scallawag!
    Not only that, also seems like quite a tool.
    WOW!!

WOW!!

OK there, and it's scallawag_jedi to you SIR.

Plus, I'm changing my avatar to Darth Mal.
    Run FileZ
    locate Blazer Bookmarks and select
    from the Menu click Edit
    You will then see a box on the the left with numbers (Starting with 0)
    These are your bookmarks. You can select any, and click View. From the gobbledygook, (this is a hardcore tech-term, I can't explain it's meaning, it would take far too long for most to comprehend) you'll find which bookmark this represents. Once you find Google, delete it. I've done this for the P1Portal as well.

Thanks Insertion for this. I was using a different file manager that either lacked the ability to do this, or I just couldnt figure it out.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex

Thanks Insertion for this. I was using a different file manager that either lacked the ability to do this, or I just couldnt figure it out.
    You're welcome. Unfortunatley, not everyone will see your homage to me!

Oh but wait, I have quoted you, so indeed all will notice your praise of Lord Monkey Lech!

Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Hi TreoGuy, I think it works only when the person calling you has an unblocked caller ID.

I tried calling my Sprint Treo from both a blocked and unblocked calling ID; only the unblocked one produced a Missed Call window with the Call Back and Send SMS buttons. Try it!

Tanster:
    Once again...you got it! Very nice.
    But, have you noticed a huge drain on the battery now?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrider
    I don't know if anyone said this yet (this thread is getting long!!!), but I've noticed after the update when you get an SMS message from an unknown source it now says "No Caller ID" in the "From". With the older version of the ROM it would say "Unknown". I know it's a stupid little difference, but I thought I'd point it out .
    I noticed that too...it erks me now
    Insertion,

Fantastic! Yes, reinstalling Directory Assistant from the link you provided works!! The link you gave is for version 3.11, whereas I'm pretty sure I probably had an older version (maybe 3.10?). Anyhow, I'm happy it works again! Thanks! -Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Insertion,

Fantastic! Yes, reinstalling Directory Assistant from the link you provided works!! The link you gave is for version 3.11, whereas I'm pretty sure I probably had an older version (maybe 3.10?). Anyhow, I'm happy it works again! Thanks! -Casey
    I think the problem was with the version of DA and not with the firmware update. My DA stopped working well but now that I upgraded to 3.11 it works well again. I have yet to upgrade my ROM as I'm waiting for a custom versions.
    The base rom 1.12 is up at my site in SD format: www.shadowmite.com/1.12rom.zip

Not yet tested, there is a thread in my forum...
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    The base rom 1.12 is up at my site in SD format: www.shadowmite.com/1.12rom.zip

Not yet tested, there is a thread in my forum...
    A million thanks for your efforts. What do you mean by base rom?
    A million thanks for your efforts. What do you mean by base rom?
    From his forum:

Folks, I believe I have the 1.12 rom adapted to SD format for custom roms... You know the drill, I'll let you use this on your own for now. I have NOT tested it, nor have I altered it in anyway...

This is for sprint of course, gsm users, you need to adapt your own or maybe once I get home I'll do it for you...

Gotta love the new feature to send an SMS to a missed caller...especially when it is a number that can't receive an SMS. Make you wonder if Palm EVER does a beta test with real customers and users of their stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by SofTTware
    Gotta love the new feature to send an SMS to a missed caller...especially when it is a number that can't receive an SMS. Make you wonder if Palm EVER does a beta test with real customers and users of their stuff.
    That is not a fair complaint. It makes no difference for those calls (for numbers that can't receive SMS), but is a very nice features for replying to those who can!