Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I feel for you....

NOT!!!!!!

Thats harsh.................................but funny
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    wow worked....dialing through bluetooth....now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I feel for you....

NOT!!!!!!

And to think I used to like you. . .

Programming 1.12 now

How bout that Cingular?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    no lag in dialing is for real...now my friends wont make fun of me (for that anyway)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnout
    I was going to wait and let the guinea pigs run through it, but screw it. We will see what happens. Initializing now.
    I have it installed and so far everything has been good with the exception of Documents to Go which is crashing everytime I try and open a native word file. However, I do see that PalmOne was providing a link for the updated version of Docs to Go, so it may be that we do actually have a version other than what is on the CD to function correctly.

I had to re-pair my headset -- the bluetooth manager is slightly different now with a menu option when you go through the pairing wizard to choose whether your paired device is specifically a headset or a car adaptor, as well of course as the enabled DUN option on the main screen of the manager.

Dial lag does seem to have been reduced as promised as well. Available user memory remained the same for me, though I see some others have had some freed up.

My security password became unassigned through this process for some reason -- didn't do that on the update from 1.03 to 1.08

No other problems to report so far other than Docs to Go issue.
    Last edited by TreoTechno; 06/16/2005 at 07:26 PM.
    Running 1.12, no issues during install.
    I ended up with more memory than I had with 1.08, so they must have improved it further even though it's not in the release notes.

Keyboard lights now brighten and dim along with the screen. Try it!

Digitizer much improved but still not 100%. If you do a stroke of at least a certain speed in DiddleBug it comes out completely smooth. But if you do a slow stroke, it's still a bit blocky. There are no random spikes though, which makes me think there will be no mistaps either.

Lost a few preferences (button assignments, system sound level, enable network time) but that was easily fixed.

Dialing is in fact dramatically faster.
    I am installed and restoring backups....
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Went from 12.3 megs to 14.1. Dialing speeds are a bit faster, but there is still a small lag.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    me too, So far so good.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Very little dial lag now!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Version 1.08 supposedly broke Supertooth's ability to receive BT calls. Can someone please tell me whether the new firmware has this functionality?
    Seemed to have gained another 1MB of memory....

Gained about 2MB, for a total of 15.6MB, and my Treo is loaded with GNU/GPL/Freeware/Low-Cost apps.

Note the BT-Dun seems to be more stable, and you get a fancy icon now up by the signal meter when DUN is enabled.
    All seems well here after 1.12... picked up almost 1mb (cleared Blazer cache before updating).

I notice there's a new option under Phone, General Preferences: Blink green LED when in coverage to control the LED.

Off to see if there's more... maybe I'll even read the new user guide!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoTechno
    I have it installed and so far everything has been good with the exception of Documents to Go which is crashing everytime I try and open a native word file. However, I do see that PalmOne was providing a link for the updated version of Docs to Go, so it may be that we do actually have a version other than what is on the CD to function correctly.

I had to re-pair my headset -- the bluetooth manager is slightly different now with a menu option when you go through the pairing wizard to choose whether your paired device is specifically a headset or a car adaptor, as well of course as the enabled DUN option on the main screen of the manager.

Dial lag does seem to have been reduced as promised as well. Available user memory remained the same for me, though I see some others have had some freed up.

My security password became unassigned through this process for some reason -- didn't do that on the update from 1.03 to 1.08

No other problems to report so far other than Docs to Go issue.
    Had most of the same experiences, but I didn't notice the Bluetooth setup you described.

-- Also didn't update the DocsToGo because I hardly use the software.

Wonder if the updater frees up more memory when the Docs program isn't updated?
    Good: I gained 0.6 megs of memory.
    Better: I really like how the keyboard lights match the diming of the screen.
    Best: No delay when dialing!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Wow, as others have said, the dial-delay is now gone. It's almost instantaneous.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Note the BT-Dun seems to be more stable, and you get a fancy icon now up by the signal meter when DUN is enabled.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...p-BED76CEF.bmp

Are you getting a slight delay as you activate DUN?

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast