Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tommytrc
    UPDATE: My issue with the continuous looping firmware update is a KNOWN issue especially with folks who have once had Treo 600's and have upgraded to a 650..Hmmmm? I'm on hold with the tech gal at sprint, who is very nice. She will be right back and tell me what to do in this case...but apparently it is not new!
    Most of us upgraded from a 600 to 650, and most of us had successful updates. I sincerely dont believe its........"a KNOWN issue especially with folks who have once had Treo 600's and have upgraded to a 650..Hmmmm?" I bet you the tech gal has you on hold cause she trying to see if the answer is in the manual.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex

I dont have the red arrow or people kissing on my Treo. Does this mean I have to do the updater again?
    "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."

"Foreplay, cuddling - a Jedi craves not these things."
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by pi314
    I never had a 650, but still got stuck in the update loop. (1.08 upgrade had no problem).

I'm anxious to hear what they tell you.
    My point exactly. What type of "known issue" would they tell you that you're having since you never even had a 600?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by nlfn
    i just tried this and the same thing happens... i only just got my phone and i can't dial anything else (damn slow at&t/cingular transfer) so i don't know if it's after all calls either...
    I thought this was a Sprint updater? Or am I missing something?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by tiburon
    Any one figure out if they fixed the call waiting issue - where you couldn't hang up on one call but had to, instead, hang up on them both?
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Palm has always said that's a limitation of the Sprint Network.
    A limitation of the Treo is more like it; I've never had a Sprint phone without real 3 way until I got a Treo.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Interesting that some do, and some don't.

Can we have some reports. For eveyone who's done the upgrade:

#1) Do you have the option?
    #2) Did you have a custom ROM before the upgrade?
    #3) Did you follow the standard or alternate (hard reset) procedure to upgrade?
    #4) Anything else "non-standard" about your phone?

Maybe we can figure out why some people get it and some don't?
    #1) Yes, I have the blink LED option.
    #2) No custom ROM before upgrade.
    #3) Followed Mr Evil G Host III post to the letter.
    #4) Nothing else non- standard about my phone.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    I didn't actually purchase it, as it came free with the Treo right? Now when I go to update it it says I am not registered and it looks like the only way to register and get the update is to pay??
    Exactly.....you're catching on quick grasshoppa
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Time to move up to the Good Times......
    Make sure you have a drinking partner, your gonna need it.
    www.arrogantbastard.com
    Right.....cause somebody has to drive. LOL
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    A limitation of the Treo is more like it; I've never had a Sprint phone without real 3 way until I got a Treo.
    Nope, not a Treo issue -- unless it's firmware/software specific to Sprint. I routinely add and drop third parties to calls on my 650 -- though it took a few moments to figure out how to do it. My 650 is GSM though (unbranded, on Cingular). YMMV
    Quote Originally Posted by DDMTREO
    Does the new update fix the time problem?
    Answer in post 271
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    All,

The new ROM has fixed the "Enable Local Network Time" double change problem!

Jeff
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    I didn't actually purchase it, as it came free with the Treo right? Now when I go to update it it says I am not registered and it looks like the only way to register and get the update is to pay??
    You only have to pay if you want to upgrade to Docs PREMIUM.
    Docs was on the 650 disc. Use the registration number that is on the bottom of your docs to go desktop.
    You can upgrade to 7.006 PRO with no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    Nope, not a Treo issue -- unless it's firmware/software specific to Sprint. I routinely add and drop third parties to calls on my 650 -- though it took a few moments to figure out how to do it. My 650 is GSM though (unbranded, on Cingular). YMMV
    Yes it is a treo issue. All other Sprint phones handle 3way and call waiting the traditional way. Now no one is a saying it's all treo's because we know the gsm version handles this stuff fine, but it is not a sprint/cdma issue.

I think it is a treo issue when combined with the sprint (maybe VZ too) cdma networks. Why they can't make it work when all the other phone manufacturers can is boyond me. My old Samsung I330 palm phone did it fine as well as every other sprint phone I've had in 8 years.

Back on topic.

I have the LED option .
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson

Answer in post 271

I can't hear you. Please speak up.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    Did anyone else notice that the PRL got updated to 10028 in this latest firmware upgrade?

I know for a fact I was at 25 or 26 (was there a 26?...I recall Sprint skipping one) and now my PRL is showing 10028.

Very impressive that PalmOne/Sprint would include the latest PRL in the patch...if in fact that's correct.
    Yep, I noticed too. Mine was originally 26.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    I have the LED option
    Didnt have a custom ROM
    Used alternate upgrade procedure
    Nothing non standard... My phone does whisper evil thougts to me though.

Maybe thats the variable we are looking for.
    i don't have the led option
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    My Monkey powers allow me to accomplish things you mere humans can only dream of!!

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Things....like what? Other than throwing shyyyyt @ humans from your cage?!?
    ~ ScandaLous ~

Things....like what? Other than throwing shyyyyt @ humans from your cage?!?
    among other things, yes.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    We live in California. You should know as well as anyone here, it's not out of the realm of possibility

That and the fact that I don't always pay attention to screen names
    LOL....you're absolutely right. Lived in Cali for a few years also.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    I can't hear you. Please speak up.
    LOL...I didnt mean to make it that large.....correction has been made.
    ~ ScandaLous ~