Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    I didn't actually purchase it, as it came free with the Treo right? Now when I go to update it it says I am not registered and it looks like the only way to register and get the update is to pay??
    This how I got mine to work, I had the same problem:

Make sure you download Dataviz`Docs2Go from your Sprint Software Disc that came with the phone. Open up desktop Docs2Go, bottom right corner your number is there: xxxxxxx-xxxx.

Now go online to: www.dataviz.com/key register your app there, and you will be handed a NEW number, keep it.

Then go back to your Docs2Go desktop, and click on help top right corner, click check for update and you will automaticly go to an update page (make sure you stay online) enter your last name you registered with and your new number: xxxxxxx-xxxx.

Thats it!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Der....shoulda shecked this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ingular+update
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Wholy cr@p 7.2,,,,12,,,,We drink 3.2 out here in Kansas
    Time to move up to the Good Times......
    Make sure you have a drinking partner, your gonna need it.
    www.arrogantbastard.com

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Read all the posts...as much as I hate doing hard resets and doing the updater from sratch I'll probably do it.

Originally Posted by evilghost
    Here's the process I use everytime to update, and I don't have out of memory issues/etc.

1) Hotsync phone, to make sure I've got a good backup.
    2) Perform a hard-reset. The device is now clean with plenty of ram.
    3) Using Palm Desktop, create a new user called "Rom Update". Basically, click the "Edit Users" button. See attached image.
    4) Run the Rom Updater Tool, select "Rom Update" as the target user.
    5) Hotsync the Treo, when prompted to create a new profile, or existing profile, select the existing "Rom Update" user.
    6) The ROM files get copied over, the Treo 650 will update, then reboot/hard-reset.
    7) Hotsync, when prompted to create a new profile, or existing profile, select your original hotsync id. It will copy all your prefs, files, applications, etc over.
    8) Open Palm Desktop and remove the "Rom Update" user.

I leave the Firmware updater application at the [Next] screen the entire time. After step #6 is complete, I just hit [Cancel].

I think this is a cleaner way to do things because it prevents the remains of the firmware update being "backed up". It also ensures I"ve got plenty of RAM and that running applications won't interfere.
    What about my PIM files, especially like call log? I'm assuming those will be resynched to my T650.

On the other hand, I don't want a new T650 user name (as described by Evil Ghost), because I already went to the trouble of getting all these software programs (Agendus, etc.) and some of them have a HotSynch ID/password to them. My passcodes won't work if I rename my device. Decisions, decisons!
    ###
    not sure if someone mentioned it before, but why is the option to allow wake up in bluetooth gone?
    With the new 1.12 upgrade, does VersaMail correctly check for new email periodically on a scheduled basis? With the 1.08 upgrade, my VersaMail always, always, always gave me error messages when trying to check for new mail on a scheduled basis. This is why I gave up on using VersaMail in favor of SnapperMail, which does correctly check for new mail on a scheduled basis without errors.
    Quote Originally Posted by acampa01
    On another note: Did anyone loose there button prefs and home page in blazer?
    I did.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    With the new 1.12 upgrade, does VersaMail correctly check for new email periodically on a scheduled basis? With the 1.08 upgrade, my VersaMail always, always, always gave me error messages when trying to check for new mail on a scheduled basis. This is why I gave up on using VersaMail in favor of SnapperMail, which does correctly check for new mail on a scheduled basis without errors.
    I don't know, thats the reason I went to Snapper. I'll wait to see other people's updates on this, I don't want the headaches again......

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Read all the posts...as much as I hate doing hard resets and doing the updater from sratch I'll probably do it.

Originally Posted by evilghost
    Here's the process I use everytime to update, and I don't have out of memory issues/etc.

1) Hotsync phone, to make sure I've got a good backup.
    2) Perform a hard-reset. The device is now clean with plenty of ram.
    3) Using Palm Desktop, create a new user called "Rom Update". Basically, click the "Edit Users" button. See attached image.
    4) Run the Rom Updater Tool, select "Rom Update" as the target user.
    5) Hotsync the Treo, when prompted to create a new profile, or existing profile, select the existing "Rom Update" user.
    6) The ROM files get copied over, the Treo 650 will update, then reboot/hard-reset.
    7) Hotsync, when prompted to create a new profile, or existing profile, select your original hotsync id. It will copy all your prefs, files, applications, etc over.
    8) Open Palm Desktop and remove the "Rom Update" user.

I leave the Firmware updater application at the [Next] screen the entire time. After step #6 is complete, I just hit [Cancel].

I think this is a cleaner way to do things because it prevents the remains of the firmware update being "backed up". It also ensures I"ve got plenty of RAM and that running applications won't interfere.
    What about my PIM files, especially like call log? I'm assuming those will be resynched to my T650.

On the other hand, I don't want a new T650 user name (as described by Evil Ghost), because I already went to the trouble of getting all these software programs (Agendus, etc.) and some of them have a HotSynch ID/password to them. My passcodes won't work if I rename my device. Decisions, decisons!
    ###

Step 7

Does the new update fix the time problem?
    Just did my update. So far so good. I wish the hands free speaker were louder, but that's not a firmware issue. I think it's just a limitation of the speaker itself.
    The WITCH IS DEAD to quote the Wizard of OZ!!! After months of trying different patched solutions to get my BT DUN to work, I loaded 1.12 (wiped out my apps but Backup Buddy saved the day), called Belkin and solved a driver issue and this post is being done via my BT DUN!!! WTG Sprint & Palm. Now just make it so I can view Adobe natively on the phone and there is no going back to PPC! What a great day!
    hey all
    stupid question... can I go from no update at all ( none on 1.08) to the latest one?
    I just checked in and decided to update 1.12 but realized I did not jumped on the 1.08 bandwagen...
    Quote Originally Posted by pixhershko
    hey all
    stupid question... can I go from no update at all ( none on 1.08) to the latest one?
    I just checked in and decided to update 1.12 but realized I did not jumped on the 1.08 bandwagen...
    Yes. 1.12 includes 1.08:

What is the Treo 650 Updater 1.12?

New with version 1.12:

* Enables Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking
    * Updates VersaMail to version 3.1 to enhance stability and add improvements
    * Adds support for more Bluetooth carkits including Acura, BMW, Chrysler, Toyota Prius (see all compatible car kits)
    * Reduces post-dial delay before a call is connected
    * Send SMS messages from Missed Call Alert or Call Log
    * Now there's a new user guide that incorporates the changes after running the Treo 650 Updater: Treo 650 User Guide (PDF)
    Also included from the previous version (released March 2005):

* Optimizes memory handling and frees up more memory with non-volatile file system improvements (learn more)
    * Overall voice quality improvements and enhanced call clarity
    * Internal setting modification to allow correct access to Sprint Affiliate roaming partner networks (previously released as Sprint PCS Treo 650 Roaming Patch)
    * TTY (also known as TDD or Text Telephone) optimizations and improvements
    * Optimizations for data calls
    * Bluetooth Carkit drivers are now included in ROM (previously released as Carkit Update for Treo 650)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    thanks
    also would I have to reinstall zluancher,mmplayer etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by pixhershko
    thanks
    also would I have to reinstall zluancher,mmplayer etc?
    I'm not sure how you'll go about with the upgrade. If you plan on restoring your backup afterwards, then no.

Some people like to start totally from scratch though. Hard reset, update, reinstall everything one by one. I don't see why you'd need to do this, unless you run into troubles.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com
    Check your PalmOne (or equivalent) folder in Program Files on your PC. You should find a subdirectory containing your photos there, if you had hot-synched them at some point BEFORE upgrading your rom. If they're not there, then you might be hosed. (Just search for .jpg files in your PalmOne directory and all subdirs, and you should find your photos there).
    Thanks, handy. I did look and some photos were saved while other are gone. Not sure I understand why, but not a huge deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by politemusic
    Here's a weird one.

I'm on a Mac (os 10.4.1), and tried to download the updater. A .sit file appears on the desktop, that's a little over 8MB. I double-click on it to expand it, and a folder called "Treo 650 Sprint Updater 1.12" appears...the problem is: there's nothing in it! It's completely empty. When I get info on the folder, it says 9.2MB, but no items are in it.

Meanwhile, I've already hard reset my phone following the Macintosh directions.

Please help!!

Thanks,
    Justin
    You have to move the 35 files into the "install folder" and then sync. Follow the Mac only instructions on the Palm website.
    TreoSaurus
    thanks a bunch inserstion...
    Why is it that when I leave this thread for a few hours to do some work, I return to 3-4 pages of new posts?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.