Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tommytrc
    I have an odd one. I just followed the Sprint update procedure to the "T". Soft reboot and all...I had over 11.4 MB free on my 650. I did the firmware upgrade and now it seems to be in a continuous loop. It upgrades and updates, reboots, rinse - repeat and now I'm on the phoen with Sprint Tech Support to see if they can help. Anyone see this goofy deal? How did you get out of it?
    I did, but was running a custom ROM. Once I reflashed to a basic 1.08 ROM the issue was resolved.
    >> who have once had Treo 600's and have upgraded to a 650

FWIW, the above is true of me, and I did have the looping problem when I updated to 1.08. But this time the update ran very smoothly, the only problems I had were self-inflicted ones on the PC side (not enough free disk space).
    Here's a weird one.

I'm on a Mac (os 10.4.1), and tried to download the updater. A .sit file appears on the desktop, that's a little over 8MB. I double-click on it to expand it, and a folder called "Treo 650 Sprint Updater 1.12" appears...the problem is: there's nothing in it! It's completely empty. When I get info on the folder, it says 9.2MB, but no items are in it.

Meanwhile, I've already hard reset my phone following the Macintosh directions.

Please help!!

Thanks,
    Justin
    Last edited by politemusic; 06/17/2005 at 11:56 AM.
    Coincidentally I just got a new Dell laptop this week, which I ordered with Bluetooth. Has anyone got the new DUN support in the new 1.12 Sprint ROM to work with a Dell laptop with the bundled Toshiba Bluetooth software?

I tried several times using the "Add New Connection Wizard", and I could get it to "see" the phone as a dialup provider. But when it would try to set up the DUN connection for me it just returns a generic error box. No error number or reason given.

I just tried again here at work, and now it can't even see the phone over Bluetooth. (Probably because of the billion WiFi access points in this building).

I looked on Toshiba's site, and it appears the installed version (3.03.02) is the latest version.

Any tricks to get this to work?

--Tim Farley
    UPDATE: My issue with the continuous looping firmware update is a KNOWN issue especially with folks who have once had Treo 600's and have upgraded to a 650..Hmmmm? I'm on hold with the tech gal at sprint, who is very nice. She will be right back and tell me what to do in this case...but apparently it is not new!
    Should have followed the steps I had outlined earlier, on page 3 I believe, and you wouldn't have had the issue
    Well I just hauled out to the parking lot to get the power cable out of my car and just got back. The 650's screen was still on with the error asking for a power cable. Hopefully things will go smoothly at this point. I think I only have about 12MB free, so hopefully I'm not cutting it too close there.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    UPDATE: My issue with the continuous looping firmware update is a KNOWN issue especially with folks who have once had Treo 600's and have upgraded to a 650..Hmmmm? I'm on hold with the tech gal at sprint, who is very nice. She will be right back and tell me what to do in this case...but apparently it is not new!
    I never had a 650, but still got stuck in the update loop. (1.08 upgrade had no problem).

I'm anxious to hear what they tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by pi314
    I never had a 650, but still got stuck in the update loop. (1.08 upgrade had no problem).

I'm anxious to hear what they tell you.
    I also never had a 600 but was stuck in the update loop, this was after following evilghost's instructions perfectly and trying to then sync with my original user name.

The following worked for me but it assumes you have a recent backup on your SD card from BackupMan:

1. Did a hard reset of the treo. (The 1.12 update is still there but all user information and user name is erased.)
    2. Went to PalmDesktop and renamed my user name there to something else.
    3. Synced the treo with my PC and created a new user name (which was the original user name I had before).
    4. Reinstalled BackupMan on my treo.
    5. Had BackupMan recover from a recent dataset.

Everything works fine now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    1. when i call *2 for cust. service (and only use *2, so far) after the call when i press end i hear 3 quick tones then it hangs up, anyone else seeing this?
    i just tried this and the same thing happens... i only just got my phone and i can't dial anything else (damn slow at&t/cingular transfer) so i don't know if it's after all calls either...
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Should have followed the steps I had outlined earlier, on page 3 I believe, and you wouldn't have had the issue
    Okay folks, I shoudl be purged. if I had only followed evilghost's instructions I never would have had this issue. I followed the alternate instructions and all seems well. I got a bit scared with the fact it was in an endless loop of updating. I was sure that the rom was hosed and I would need to get a new phone, but no a hard reset fixed the issue. Rock on!
    Okay folks, I shoudl be purged. if I had only followed evilghost's instructions I never would have had this issue. I followed the alternate instructions and all seems well. I got a bit scared with the fact it was in an endless loop of updating. I was sure that the rom was hosed and I would need to get a new phone, but no a hard reset fixed the issue. Rock on!
    Glad you're fixed
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Interesting. I don't have the blink LED option, yet everything else is fine.
    I don't have this either
    Quote Originally Posted by Fikse
    good news!

The Treo 650 now works with my Infiniti M45....
    ...and with my '05 BMW 330xi, as well! Me happy.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Okay, small problem. All my photos from my RAM and Palm Desktop are gone and BackupMan doesn't backup photos. Am I hosed?
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Here's the process I use everytime to update, and I don't have out of memory issues/etc.

1) Hotsync phone, to make sure I've got a good backup.
    2) Perform a hard-reset. The device is now clean with plenty of ram.
    3) Using Palm Desktop, create a new user called "Rom Update". Basically, click the "Edit Users" button. See attached image.
    4) Run the Rom Updater Tool, select "Rom Update" as the target user.
    5) Hotsync the Treo, when prompted to create a new profile, or existing profile, select the existing "Rom Update" user.
    6) The ROM files get copied over, the Treo 650 will update, then reboot/hard-reset.
    7) Hotsync, when prompted to create a new profile, or existing profile, select your original hotsync id. It will copy all your prefs, files, applications, etc over.
    8) Open Palm Desktop and remove the "Rom Update" user.

I leave the Firmware updater application at the [Next] screen the entire time. After step #6 is complete, I just hit [Cancel].

I think this is a cleaner way to do things because it prevents the remains of the firmware update being "backed up". It also ensures I"ve got plenty of RAM and that running applications won't interfere.
    I have app's on the SD card via Powerrun. Do I need to move these app's back to the phone BEFORE step #1, or not to worry? ( I do NOT have a backup program.)
    Last edited by jaharr; 06/17/2005 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Okay, small problem. All my photos from my RAM and Palm Desktop are gone and BackupMan doesn't backup photos. Am I hosed?
    Check your PalmOne (or equivalent) folder in Program Files on your PC. You should find a subdirectory containing your photos there, if you had hot-synched them at some point BEFORE upgrading your rom. If they're not there, then you might be hosed. (Just search for .jpg files in your PalmOne directory and all subdirs, and you should find your photos there).
    Global Posts
    756 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Wasn't this supposed to be out @ the end of the month ;-)

Man, I'm on vacation w/o my computer. Can't wait until I get back to update!
    By the end of the month
    Kash76

Sprint - Treo 650, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro
    not at home now so i can't point out the exact spot but look in "My documents" on your desktop in windows....
    look for your userid in there somewhere...i think it might have been under "my pictures"
    I noticed that in the requirements from Palmone that the OS for my computer needs to be Win2000 or XP. Anyone with Win98SE try the update?
    Well I followed EvilGohsts instructions, but I am still in a reset look. It is something that I have installed that does not like this ROM. Not sure what. If/when I find out I will let you know.