Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deer8
    After the upgrade, I am getting a black "key" (like for a door) on the bottom right corner of the screen.

Also the "home" button doesn't work when this shows and the screen shuts off. Seems to be ok after reset.

Any ideas?
    That's Butler's alternative Keyguard. You've got to press the center button to clear it; if you don't want it, disable it in Butler (Miscellaneous Utilities).
    Well I was hoping the update would improve the sound quality and range on my Scala 500. I can't even have the phone on my right side and have the headset on the left ear and get acceptable sound quality. I guess I'll try exchanging it.

I wish I could test these things to find the one with the best comfort, integration, range and sound quality. I had the Jabra 250 and didn't like it, and purchased the Scala 500 because of all the positive reviews.

I am glad to see DUN and improved dialing speed though.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    If you click on BackupMan on the SD card, it asks you if you want to copy it to your phone in order to be able to restore.
    ok albert, but if the device is clean after the hard reset, and you don't have anymore filez, how do you get to the SD and look at the applications?
    Just loaded ROM on my Verizonized 650, now need to reflash PRL.
    I'm a bit short on free memory, so here's what I was thinking of doing. Someone please tell me why the other approach documented here is better or why my idea is flawed. I'm thinking that I would do a Hotsync to get everything up-to-date on my desktop, then rename my backup folder, then do a hard reset, then Hotsync again but choose my real name. This will get all my PIM data up-to-date but not install any programs. Then copy over the ROM update file and run that. Then Hotsync again. Then rename the backup folder back again and Hotsync again.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Sorry for this question...but what is BT DUN ? How is this useful? Is this similar to PdaNet for connecting a laptop to the internet? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Sorry for this question...but what is BT DUN ? How is this useful? Is this similar to PdaNet for connecting a laptop to the internet? Thanks.
    Yes, however, it's free, but requires a Bluetooth adapter on the PC. Almost exactly like PdaNet, however, it's wireless (Bluetooth) and requires you to create a Dial-Up Networking profile/connection entry on the desktop. You dial #777 and use your Vision Username/Password.

Seach the forum on "BT Dun" for more information.
    It's BlueTooth Dial Up Network and yes, it's for using the Treo as a modem for a computer. You just won't need any third part software for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I'm a bit short on free memory, so here's what I was thinking of doing. Someone please tell me why the other approach documented here is better or why my idea is flawed. I'm thinking that I would do a Hotsync to get everything up-to-date on my desktop, then rename my backup folder, then do a hard reset, then Hotsync again but choose my real name. This will get all my PIM data up-to-date but not install any programs. Then copy over the ROM update file and run that. Then Hotsync again. Then rename the backup folder back again and Hotsync again.
    Seems like more work/moot point. I'd use my method, I've never lost any data, including PIM info.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Hmm. I actually meant DBCacheTool made things run faster with 1.12 than with 1.08, not slowing it down. Weird that you're having that issue. I don't use ZLauncher though so I don't know. Is your DBCacheTool settings configured like mine? (See DBCache Tool thread for my post/picture of settings).
    Yeah......after prolonged reflection it's probably just that I've reenabled my bluetooth after writing it off for so long. I just brought my Scala out of retirement for this upgrade and it does work better.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub
    ok albert, but if the device is clean after the hard reset, and you don't have anymore filez, how do you get to the SD and look at the applications?
    When I initially installed backupman on my device it created a duplicate copy of the program automatically on the SD card. So now when I hit the home button it goes to Category All (which is really All on device), then pressing it again main, and again unfiled then when I press the home key again it takes me to 'Card' which has all of my programs stored on the SD card that I can run from there. (Note I do not use Zlancher or powerrun or anything else like that).
    Once I get to the Card category it shows backupman as well as plenty of other applications I have there.
    Does the same apply to you?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Yes, however, it's free, but requires a Bluetooth adapter on the PC. Almost exactly like PdaNet, however, it's wireless (Bluetooth) and requires you to create a Dial-Up Networking profile/connection entry on the desktop. You dial #777 and use your Vision Username/Password.

Seach the forum on "BT Dun" for more information.
    I didn't need to use my Vision username/password. I left them blank and everything worked fine.

Joe
    Did the update this morning. All looks well! Definitely like the functionailty.

Once minorly annoying side effect of the keyboard dimming with the screen, however, is that Palm is "dimming" the LEDs by pulsing them. As a result, I can make out that the LEDs on the keys are actually flickering. Most can see this by looking at the Treo650's keys, and the waving the device in front of your field of vision without actually tracking the keys with your eyes (you'll see sort of a strobe effect). I, however, see the flickering ALL the time (but then I'm known to be more perceptive of things like this than most). The onyl way to stop it is to turn screen brightnes ALL the way up.

Ah well, it's bearable I guess.
    BTW, I too am concerned about BT DUN being built in now. I was honestly surprised by this move and now that they've done it I fully expect to hear about some great new enterprise-oriented pricing plan by Sprint for the officially-sanctioned use of this. Expect to pay $50/month for the pleasure. I'd love to be wrong, though.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by burnout
    Haha, called them again to confirm the MSL code. Gave it to me again. Do you get a reset after your procedures? I do not. The girl I just called told me it should reset and to go the Sprint store and have them reset it. I told her the people at the store are teenagers that know nothing about the phone (I could teach them), said it would be a waste of my time, just DO IT over the phone.

Started to tell me to enter ##3282#, told them I was on the mobile and no access to landline, said they couldn't give any more info over the phone. I'll have to do this tommorow.
    I don't think it did a reset, I believe it went back to the Phone Pad, but I cna't remember. You could alwasy do a soft reset yourself, after the procedures and then try to connect to Vision.

Someone else mentioned that when they called Sprint they had them do the same procedures I posted and evrythine went okay for them. Sorry you are having problems. I would try the procedures again, then one they are done do a soft reset then try connecting to Vision. It will say connecting to Sprint Provisioning and try to reconfigure Vision Services for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredpoet
    Did the update this morning. All looks well! Definitely like the functionailty.

Once minorly annoying side effect of the keyboard dimming with the screen, however, is that Palm is "dimming" the LEDs by pulsing them. As a result, I can make out that the LEDs on the keys are actually flickering. Most can see this by looking at the Treo650's keys, and the waving the device in front of your field of vision without actually tracking the keys with your eyes (you'll see sort of a strobe effect). I, however, see the flickering ALL the time (but then I'm known to be more perceptive of things like this than most). The onyl way to stop it is to turn screen brightnes ALL the way up.

Ah well, it's bearable I guess.
    LOL, I noticed the pulsing of the lights as well.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Bt DUN, baby................BT DUN.

This is the root of all the drama and mayhem that surrounded the release of the Treo 650:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=63250

And at it's epicenter a young jedi_hacker aka shadowmite.
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    has anyone foud out if there is an extra charge for bt dun
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    how do VZ users share in all this joy and wonderment....?
    If one believes Palm's site, you already enjoy some of the benefits... particularly the memory block size reduction.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Just loaded ROM on my Verizonized 650, now need to reflash PRL.
    did you reflash your PRL yet? Is the update working alright for you?