1.    #1  
    I am a current Verizon customer and have been very happy with coverage and customer support. I was all set to buy a 650 until I found out that the data plan is $45 vs. $15 with Sprint. I believe that Verizon may be faster than Sprint, but how much faster? If I'm using the phone just for email and not browsing, does it really matter? $30/mo is a hefty price to pay to stay with Verizon. What's the justification?
    I don't think speeds are too much different. Network footprint is a different story. With Sprint, you can pay extra for included roaming, which gains you access to some of Verizon's network. But this is for voice only. You can only use Sprint's network for data access.

I'm not sure of the exact differences in locations, but like cell service in general, you need to find out which works best in your particular locale, or specifically if Sprint would be acceptable especially considering the cost savings.
    Quote Originally Posted by dseigel
    I am a current Verizon customer and have been very happy with coverage and customer support. I was all set to buy a 650 until I found out that the data plan is $45 vs. $15 with Sprint. I believe that Verizon may be faster than Sprint, but how much faster? If I'm using the phone just for email and not browsing, does it really matter? $30/mo is a hefty price to pay to stay with Verizon. What's the justification?
    PabloTX's reply was excellent. Just want to add my experience, having used both services recently.

Last month, I switched from Verizon to Sprint after 8 years with Verizon. I was happy with Verizon but switched due to Sprint's inexpensive data plan. Here's my experience with both:

* Sprint's data network connecting with my 650 seems slightly faster to me than Verizon's connecting with my 600, but they're so close that it's a toss-up. Could be time of day, location I'm connecting from, etc.
    * Like Verizon's data plan, Sprint's unlimited data plan (" Vision ") will let you email, surf the web, listen to streaming audio via Pocket Tunes (3rd party add-on application).
    * Note that pricing for Sprint "Vision" (data service) is published at $15 for the least expensive unlimited use plan. However, that $15 includes a $5 "download" credit for ring tones etc. which I'd never use -- if you ask the Customer Service Rep nicely, they can give you Vision for $10 (same unlimited data plan, just no download credit). That's $35/mo less than Verizon's unlimited data plan.

Not sure what the justification is for Verizon's higher fee for unlimited data. I've been just as happy with Sprint's data service.

Hope this helps.
    That sounds about right.

For me, the only advantage Sprint has on Verizon is data plan pricing.

I could get about 50 minutes extra per month with the same price calling plan (which I wouldn't use), most of my friends, family and coworkers are on Verizon, so from a calling plan standpoint, Verizon makes the most sense.

Now data is another issue. $30-$35 a month is a lot of money. But I'm currently on MOU, which meets my needs, so there's no extra cost for me. Switching to Sprint would actually cost me a little more per month (but I would gain unlimited data). Should I ever lose MOU, then I'll have another decision to make...but for now, I'm content with Verizon, while disgusted with their data plan costs.
    Has Anyone Heard If You Can Use The Treo 600 For Dun , Like This New Release For The 650. I Have Sprint . I Am Waiting For The Samsung I730 To Switch To Evdo Internet. M Drexler
    With Windows, yes, with OS X, not so much. And it's tethered, as the 600 doesn't have the bluetooth capabilities of the 650.