Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Just out of curiosity, do you think the problem (the data plan activation timing) has been fixed (for people getting a VZW T650 today)? If not, if you got the t650 and didn't use it for 'a few days' would you probably be ok?

TM
    I too had headaches with data billing. I got my T650 shortly after it was released and got the unlimited data $100-off deal. After receiving a bill that what triple what it should have been (because of MOU), I called CS and was told that they couldn't view my bill details until it had been processed.

After I could view my bill online, I called back, the woman I spoke with was initially argumentative, suggesting that I had used data before the unlimited plan was active. (This was impossible, because my old StarTAC isn't even 1x capable.) Eventually she acknowledged the problem, but she needed up to two weeks to sort it out and would call me back. I was puzzled by this, but figured, "oh well." Of course, I never got a call back. When I called back again, the CSR was able to fix it on the spot.

I've been a customer since the Bell Atlantic Mobile days, and it seems that VzW's customer service (and billing) has been eroding in the last couple years...
    Visor Deluxe -> m125 -> Tungsten|T -> Treo 650 (CDMA)
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I can top that, i got my treo a few weeks ago, used the wireless a couple times to pull up weather data. and i got a 794.dollar bill this month, i have been on the phone with them for days. and they cant get it it figured out. looks. like iam going to have to pay it or loose my service. i have been with verizon since 96. still dont know what to do. this sucks... steve
    What does your phone's Totals screen say?

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    To anyone having problems with Customer Service, I'd suggest going into one of the corporate stores and escalating the issue there.

Not only are the people there usually around longer, but you can get some accountability by noting who you are speaking with.

Plus, they don't like it when you raise a stink around potential customers who probably wouldn't respond positively to a current subscriber seeing $800 bills due to billing errors.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ac6ea
    I can top that, i got my treo a few weeks ago, used the wireless a couple times to pull up weather data. and i got a 794.dollar bill this month, i have been on the phone with them for days. and they cant get it it figured out. looks. like iam going to have to pay it or loose my service. i have been with verizon since 96. still dont know what to do. this sucks... steve

try and get in touch with executive relations or executive escalations or whatever they call it. if you can only get an email address to them.. email them and they'll get back to you in a reasonable amount of time.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123