1.    #1  
    I am considering switching to Sprint and getting a Treo 650. I called Sprint customer service and asked what data plan I needed with that phone. They told me that I needed either the Vision-Premium or the Business Connection - Personal Edition. The CSR said the two were the same except the BC-PE had a few extra options, but he did not know exactly what they were. Can anybody clarify this? BTW - I plan to use the data plan for email to my company server (IMAP4/Lotus Notes) and web browsing.

Another question: I think I read somewhere that if I switch to Sprint, I should also get the $5/month option of Fair & Flexible America. This allows me to avoid roaming because Sprint buys cell tower time from Verizon, allowing the user to have better coverage because you are using both Sprint and VZW. Is this correct?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Vision is the data plan which is what you want. Sprint BCPE is an e-mail/calender/contact client that you can d/l on your phone and work PC that will push your corporate e-mail to your phone. I use it myself...works really well.

#2. AKAIK, you are correct about the 5$/month plan that lets you roam on Verizon towers.
  3.    #3  
    Will the vision plan work with my corporate email? It is an IMAP4/Lotus Notes server.
    I think some of the guys that have Treos and Audiovox XV6600's use the BC. If I need the BC, will it work for email and web browsing? If so, the CSR was correct?
    You've probably already figured this out but BCPE has options to connect to IMAP and Lotus Domoino and Exchange or POP. You can have up to 3 accounts setup, 1 corporate (Domino or Exchange) and two other ones (IMAP or POP).
    Just making sure that you're aware- when you roam on verizon towers, you can't access data (email, SMS, etc.).
    Check with your company's IT dept on how they access email from mobile devices. They probably have their own solution. If you get BCPE, your IT department needs to be setup with Sprint to have all the right connections from what I understand. It's really not a good solution because it ties your company to one carrier. There are other solutions that are independent of any carriers. We use NotifyLink and it works with any carrier. They also have Notes support coming.

If your company has POP3/IMAP open, you can use VersaMail built in the T650 to get your mail without special setup from your IT dept. You just need the address to the POP/IMAP server.

You only need the most basic Vision package for email access, web browsing to work.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Gotta love when people answer someones questions three months later
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Check with your company's IT dept on how they access email from mobile devices. They probably have their own solution. If you get BCPE, your IT department needs to be setup with Sprint to have all the right connections from what I understand. It's really not a good solution because it ties your company to one carrier. There are other solutions that are independent of any carriers. We use NotifyLink and it works with any carrier. They also have Notes support coming.

If your company has POP3/IMAP open, you can use VersaMail built in the T650 to get your mail without special setup from your IT dept. You just need the address to the POP/IMAP server.

You only need the most basic Vision package for email access, web browsing to work.
    Your IT does not have to be involved with BCPE (ie Personal Edition) but you have to have a Desktop or laptop that stays on as it is a re-director solution. The BCEE products (Server and Enterprise Edition require IT to get things setup). It is a one horse solution as an individual all you care about is your own Carrier usually.