1. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I saw some old posts related to this, but didn't see a clear answer, at least clear enough for me to understand.

My office voicemail system can notify a pager when a voicemail is received. Unfortunately, my only configuration option is a pager number, not an email address or a pager access number and pin.

Has anyone found a way to do something like this?

Using Treo650/SprintPCS
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by dwg
    I saw some old posts related to this, but didn't see a clear answer, at least clear enough for me to understand.

My office voicemail system can notify a pager when a voicemail is received. Unfortunately, my only configuration option is a pager number, not an email address or a pager access number and pin.

Has anyone found a way to do something like this?

Using Treo650/SprintPCS

Why don't you just enter your mobile phone number into your answering service. If the voicemail system calls a beeper now, wouldn't it call your Treo?
    By the way, Sprint phones can receive "pages", but I don't think it will work with the system you have described.

Call your phone and let it go into voicemail. I think the prompt is 5 to page the phone. I'm pretty sure the notification ends up in your sms list.
    There is no way currently to do it in the way you mention. You can send alphanumeric pages, if you dial from a TAP-compatible paging software. On our phone system, there is an option to call an external number. If you get a voicemail, it calls your cell, and when you answer says "You have a message." You hit the specified number, and it will play back the message.

-Randy
  6. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Thanks for the responses.

My Phone System does work similary. I was hoping there was a workaround like entering pauses or something. I called what I believe to be the sprint TAP number (888-656-1727) and it picks up like a modem so I am guessing that it will not understand tones. (not too clear on how TAP works)

Bummer too, I just purchased this phone system. I wish I had known at the time so we could look for one that supports TAP paging or email notification. I can set it up to notify my phone when a VM arrives, but will not be able to take advantage of the Cascading Page Notification features unless we get pagers I guess.

Thanks again!

Btw - Turbo, what's so funny? If I used my photo as an avatar it would be obvious....
    Thanks for the responses.

Btw - Turbo, what's so funny? If I used my photo as an avatar it would be obvious....
    dwg,

I'm don't get the above? Are you confusing me with another user?

dwg, If you are a Georgia Bulldog, I get it. But don't foget about the season before last. ( I believe we beat y'all twice in one season-but then you killed us last year) If you're a Miss. St. Bulldog, I don't get it.
    LOL
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 06/17/2005 at 04:56 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  8. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Oh no... are your initials LOL? If so, sincere apologies. I thought maybe you had embedded a chuckle (Laugh Out Loud) about my mundane question. I have a feeling I read it wrong. Sorry!
    Oh no... are your initials LOL? If so, sincere apologies. I thought maybe you had embedded a chuckle (Laugh Out Loud) about my mundane question. I have a feeling I read it wrong. Sorry!
    I use LOL for Lots of Luck.

No problem.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  10. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Thanks. Oh, and I am a Missouri Tigers fan waiting to see some success. Until they meet, I'll throw some love to LSU to make up for my error in judgment.
    You are much too kind but we'll take all the support we can get after last year's bowl game loss.

This has been constructive-maybe I should stop using LOL (lots of luck) since it might be confused with Lots of Laughs.
    Good Luck dwg
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover