Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    http://www.mobiledia.com/news/31223.html

Here's another source that spells Sprint's rollout differently. It says Sprint EVDO will reach 130 million users by year end and 150m next year. Sprint has also said 100% of network will go EVDO. Sprint does have a record of eventually converting 100% of network to all services so EVDO to 250m users is possible eventually.

It seems a waste to rollout EVDO to rural areas as WiMAX will economically compete better in that space. And Sprint does have a WiMAX strategy for about 2008 rollout.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Where I live, no cell provider has very good coverage. Verizon is the best here. I find 1X speeds to be plenty for what I use it for. No EVDO anywhere near here, so I really don't care that the Treo 650 doesn't support it. As for Sprint...their coverage stinks in my area, has stunk and actually gotten worse over the last few years, so I will stick with Verizon for at least another two years.
    The higher data speeds aren't worth it to everyone (and I wonder if Sprint will raise the costs significantly?)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

^For road warriors on laptops, it is worth it for those who depend on the Net for a living. No more hotspot searching is a big deal for me. For smartphones, it would not be worth $80/month but maybe up to $30/month assuming it can also be used for DUN.

Sprint's rate for laptop cards are the same as Verizon at $80/month. They haven't set smartphone prices yet.

Rumors are out that Verizon will lower price to $59/month, starting a price war with Sprint.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    It's such a big deal for me I just went home and set fire to my Treo 650 and stabbed a hole in my chest using a prybar.
    thats the funniest thing i have ever read. some people need a reality check, and this was one of them. well done
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12