1.    #1  
    I have a verizonized Treo 650, been working great for the past few months.

I wanted to add the unlimited data plan to my account, but what is the best way to do that? Remember, for those of us that had to have this right away and made the Sprint phone into the Verizon phone, you had to give your ESN, then cajole the CSR into accepting it since they didn't have the 650 yet (I told him it was an old Audiovox phone).

When I had them try to add the data plan and unlimited text/pix this afternoon through 611, the computer kept kicking it out. The CSR said that my records showed I had the V60p (which I got rid of a long time ago), but the ESN was having an issue (not sure if it was because it wasn't matching the V60p or if it is still not an acceptable ESN).

After getting off the phone, I now need some help in adding the data and text/pix plans to my existing plan.

I tried searching the forums, didn't find anything on this just yet. If this has been covered already, please send me the thread URL.

Thanks!!
    My suggestion... I have not called 611 for anything regarding service on my Verizonized Sprint 650. Just go to a local VZW store and have them add the data plan and whatever else you want. I have been to 3 different VZW stores in NY state and none of them have given me a hard time about any of it, including the original activation.
    The only hard time I had initially, was that the girl told me I should go to Sprint to have a Sprint phone activated. I assured her that it was programmed to work on Verizon and to trust me. I have had a few other comments about them not knowing you could do such a thing, but never any problems actually changing anything.

I even had to the activation done over again when I got a replacement 650 from CompUSA's pda protection plan. New ESN, so I went through the whole process all over and it went smooth just as smooth the second time.

So, skip trying to talk a tech into doing something over the phone when they are most likely reading from a list of steps in a manual. Just stop by a local store when you get the chance and they'll fix you up.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    CrazyC,

I also have a Verizonized Sprint phone. I would like to add the unlimited IN messaging but am afraid once they find I have a Treo they'll put me on the data plan (I have Mobile Web which is MOU). I prefer my current plan and don't want their data plan at all. Think I can get away with staying on my current plan?

Did you sign up for their data plan?
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyC
    My suggestion... I have not called 611 for anything regarding service on my Verizonized Sprint 650. Just go to a local VZW store and have them add the data plan and whatever else you want. I have been to 3 different VZW stores in NY state and none of them have given me a hard time about any of it, including the original activation.
    The only hard time I had initially, was that the girl told me I should go to Sprint to have a Sprint phone activated. I assured her that it was programmed to work on Verizon and to trust me. I have had a few other comments about them not knowing you could do such a thing, but never any problems actually changing anything.

I even had to the activation done over again when I got a replacement 650 from CompUSA's pda protection plan. New ESN, so I went through the whole process all over and it went smooth just as smooth the second time.

So, skip trying to talk a tech into doing something over the phone when they are most likely reading from a list of steps in a manual. Just stop by a local store when you get the chance and they'll fix you up.

That's interesting, worth a shot. I was hesitant to show the rep a Sprint phone and ask to have stuff added. Is your ESN showing as unrecognized by VZW, or did the store rep just enter it and match it with a Treo 650?

Thanks!
    if its not matched with a treo 650 and shows up as an UN reconized phone you can use the #777 free of charge...and free data comes from MOU
  6.    #6  
    Well, I stopped by the store today, the manager saw the phone and kind of had that 'That works?' look, but did help me out. I got the unlimited text/pix on my account, but they had to change my phone in the system to the 650. Everything seemed to work fine until after I tested it more thoroughly at home, and now I cannot get internet access at all. My Express Network will not connect, just times out after a minute or so. I also cannot send or receive pix messages.

Any thoughts? Did having them show the phone as a 650 block the internet connection?
    Palm IIIxe --> Palm 505 --> Kyocera 6035 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WildeMan
    Well, I stopped by the store today, the manager saw the phone and kind of had that 'That works?' look, but did help me out. I got the unlimited text/pix on my account, but they had to change my phone in the system to the 650. Everything seemed to work fine until after I tested it more thoroughly at home, and now I cannot get internet access at all. My Express Network will not connect, just times out after a minute or so. I also cannot send or receive pix messages.

Any thoughts? Did having them show the phone as a 650 block the internet connection?
    Did you check your network connect preferences?

BTW, did Verizon update your ROM since you have a hacked Sprint phone so that you can use their mail application, picture messaging application, plus whatever else they offer (I don't know since I don't have a Verizon phone)?
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Maybe I'm missing something on these boards. I've seen a lot of people who say they've "Verizonized" their Sprint phones, and are worried that Verizon will find out. My question is this. Why would Verizon care? It would seem they would be tickled pink to have you as a paying customer of their service instead of Sprints, especially since they seem to be so much more expensive than Sprint in both the cost of the phone, and also the data.

By the way, Circuit City is advertising this coming week the 650 for $299 ($100 instant rebate) with a two year Verizon contract.
    But why do you all want to add a Data plan when you don't need to have one with a Verizonized treo. It shows up in the system as a Audiovox cdm8---- phone ne wayz...im confused why you all want to pay for something that is already free...

G
  10.    #10  
    Agreed 100%, I'm trying to NOT have to pay for a data plan, just cannot justify the cost right now. MOU is working perfect for me.

I called back VZW TS and the rep got my phone back to normal (ie., seems I'm back to MOU, but cannot send pix messages). Oh well, not that big of a deal on the pix msgs, I was much more interested in the text messages, since Verizon is upping their rates to $0.10 per message on 8/1/05, regardless of sent or received. If you have one of the Unlimited Txt/Pix plans, then the cost is $0.02 rcvd/$0.10 sent beyond your non-Verizon allowance they give you.

My bill cycle is due next week, so I'll see what is on my bill.
    Yea Wildeman...I don't know what to say. Id be lost with out my MOU...Im always on Splashblog.Versamail,Verichat...all so much and its Sunday. Im pretty lucky on my plan I locked in a deal with Vzw. I have 200 Text messages a month for $2.00 I dont think im going to see this offer ne time soon so Im not changing my texting plan even if I dont use them everymonth
  12.    #12  
    I had always looked at that plan, but never picked up the phone. Wish I had now!
    Yea I sometimes get the look when I go to the vzw and punch up my account info they are like so your with sprint...im like no vzw...they are like no Sprint...then I show them they are like you can't do that. Im like it works for me so why change it. Yea a new Treo 650 from Verizon looks spiffy if they let you use the lower speed 14.4k just out of your minutes. I love being able to talk to a friend on the phone and be like one sec I will send you a picture and upload it to splashblog.com that is like the best thing in the world. The HS820 does amazing wonders and I love that to death. Yea the texting plan I have is a steal and I wouldn't change it because I would never go back again...

B