1.    #1  
    Sprint and Verizon sure do put a lot of effort in pay services that can be had for free. There are countless internet radio stations that work via PocketTunes or MMPlayer. Yet it works as the uninformed do buy into these things.

http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/ka...13/daily8.html

Sprint will put Sirius radio on phones

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. will bring its paid radio service to Sprint Corp. phones later this year, the company said Tuesday.

Details of the pact with Overland Park-based Sprint (NYSE: FON) were not released and the companies said they expect to announce more specifics, including the service's price, later this year.

Both companies declined to comment through spokespeople.

New York-based Sirius (Nasdaq: SIRI) and Sprint are considering a range of music channels, including classic rock, hip-hop, country, blues and jazz, Sirius said in a release.

Sirius offers about 120 channels for $12.95 a month on electronic devices that hook into cars and stereos. This is its first deal with a wireless carrier to deliver radio onto wireless phones.

Sirius has about 1.5 million subscribers and is forecasting 2.7 million subscribers by the end of the year.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Sprint and Verizon sure do put a lot of effort in pay services that can be had for free. There are countless internet radio stations that work via PocketTunes or MMPlayer. Yet it works as the uninformed do buy into these things.

http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/ka...13/daily8.html

Sprint will put Sirius radio on phones

Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. will bring its paid radio service to Sprint Corp. phones later this year, the company said Tuesday.

Details of the pact with Overland Park-based Sprint (NYSE: FON) were not released and the companies said they expect to announce more specifics, including the service's price, later this year.

Both companies declined to comment through spokespeople.

New York-based Sirius (Nasdaq: SIRI) and Sprint are considering a range of music channels, including classic rock, hip-hop, country, blues and jazz, Sirius said in a release.

Sirius offers about 120 channels for $12.95 a month on electronic devices that hook into cars and stereos. This is its first deal with a wireless carrier to deliver radio onto wireless phones.

Sirius has about 1.5 million subscribers and is forecasting 2.7 million subscribers by the end of the year.
    I'd be interested if Sirius put the NFL games on the Sprint streams too. I've been thinking of getting Sirius, but AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $they$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $one$ $of$ $those$ $cool$ $portable$ $mp3$ $player$ $sized$ $things$ $that$ $XM$ $has$. $And$ $I$ $won$'$t$ $have$ $to$ $pay$ $for$ $another$ $device$, $since$ $my$ $650$ $goes$ $everywhere$ $I$ $go$.
    I'm back!
    There's a good chance I'd buy this for NFL also. I must be uninformed Truly I've never taken the time to set up any internet radio feeds. I use an Ipod for music most of the time.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I'd be interested if Sirius put the NFL games on the Sprint streams too. I've been thinking of getting Sirius, but AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $they$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $one$ $of$ $those$ $cool$ $portable$ $mp3$ $player$ $sized$ $things$ $that$ $XM$ $has$. $And$ $I$ $won$'$t$ $have$ $to$ $pay$ $for$ $another$ $device$, $since$ $my$ $650$ $goes$ $everywhere$ $I$ $go$.
    I don't think XM carries the NFL. Pisses me off that XM sat on the sidelines while Sirius signed contracts.
    someone needs a hug.. lol
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    While I agree with you (that there are free alternatives) internet streaming of Sirius is included free with your satellite receiver subscription. I already subscribe to 2 satellite receivers so this Sprint thing MIGHT be included free for someone like me, or at worst there shouldn't be more than a nomial surcharge if anything at all.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    someone needs a hug.. lol
    Me? No I am over it, just still a little rubbed raw by the whole thing.
  8.    #8  
    To counter my own comments, I suppose only a few percentage of Sprint data phones are PDAs that can play Net radio stations. But when paying extra monthly rates for several services.. Sirius, Yahoo mail, etc., it may pay to get a PDA phone since such users would likely be power users anyway.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Awesome news...hoping the next gen Treo will have the service (bundled, perhaps?) and the T650 via a software patch. Though I wouldn't necessarily listen to Howard Stern (ba ba booie!).
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I don't think XM carries the NFL. Pisses me off that XM sat on the sidelines while Sirius signed contracts.
    XM doesn't carry the NFL, that was my point. Sirius does, but they don't have a portable receiver like XM does, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $So$ $if$ $Sirius$ $let$ $Sprint$ $get$ $the$ $NFL$ $stream$, $and$ $I$ $didn$'$t$ $have$ $to$ $buy$ $the$ $portable$ $receiver$ $and$ $could$ $use$ $my$ $650$, $I$'$d$ $be$ $all$ $over$ $it$.

I had heard a rumor that Sirius and XM were in merger talks, which would be awesome, since XM has MLB and Sirius has the NFL. I also think one has some college sports feeds and the other has different ones, but I might be wrong. At any rate, I'd rather have both for a single monthly rate.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    XM doesn't carry the NFL, that was my point. Sirius does, but they don't have a portable receiver like XM does, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Sirius does have a portable. I saw it in Sunday's paper here. It was like $249, but I can't remember the manufacturer. I think it was Audiovox, but don't hold me to it. I'll try to find it again if the paper is still here.

Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

XACT makes portables, and accessories as well...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I just saw a Sirius deal for a boombox type of a device, plus the car kit, plus the receiver, for about $100 after rebates.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    XACT makes portables, and accessories as well...
    I stand corrected. It was NOT a true portable. It was one of those PDA type of devices that use a docking cradle of various types. The XACT model was what was in the ad. It was $49 and includes an FM Xmitter.

Next time I promise to do my homework BEFORE I open my mouth!

Thread Crapper

I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self

Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    Now thats a lie, and I knew it when I typed it.

Thread Crapper

Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Me? No I am over it, just still a little rubbed raw by the whole thing.
    Doesn't this post belong in the bathroom thread
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLiveSoundGuy
    I stand corrected. It was NOT a true portable. It was one of those PDA type of devices that use a docking cradle of various types. The XACT model was what was in the ad. It was $49 and includes an FM Xmitter.

Yeah, I was talking about one like the XM one, which is mp3 player sized. I knew that Sirius had one that docked into a boombox type thing, but I wanted one that's a standalone receiver that is truly portable.

My 650 fits that bill.
    I'm back!
    There's a good article about the CEO of XM in Business 2.0 this month... talking about the sports and stern deals, possible merger etc...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    XTR5CMK ReGo Recordable Sirius Satellite Plug & Play Radio Receiver and MP3 Kit + Vehicle Kit looks like it might be pretty cool. Here is a big picture. It records 4 hrs of your favorite Sirius radio show. For piracy reasons, I am willing to bet that the recording(s) cannot be removed & installed on a different device such as the Treo or other mp3 player, burned onto a cd etc.

Kirby
    Last edited by Exciter; 06/15/2005 at 12:39 AM.
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular