1.    #1  
    I've seen a commercial 2 times now for a $100 mail-in rebate on the Treo 650 from Verizon. I went into 2 Verizon stores and they didn't know what I was talking about. I then emailed them and again they basically told me I was crazy. The first time I saw this commercial was late at night so I had thought with the responses that I had gotten from Verizon, I was possibly hallucinating or something. Then I caught the end of the commercial yesterday during game 2 of the NBA finals. I yelled as soon as I saw it so a buddy of mine saw it too, but like I said we only caught the end. Has anybody seen this commercial and know the specifics of the rebate/promotion? Or why Verizon won't acknowledge the promotions they run on television commercials?

Thanks for any replies.
    Last edited by dustin bowls; 06/13/2005 at 02:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I thought I heard instant rebate.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    I thought I heard instant rebate.

It could of been... all I know for sure was that it was $100 rebate.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I've seen the commercial too, but can't find a soul to confirm it.
    Aren't they giving a $100 rebate for signing up for the unlimited data plan?
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Yes or No....can I get the 650 from Verizon, with the unlimited data plan, AND use my "new-every-two" promotion? Here's how it would work:

$399 (asking price)
    -$100 (unlimited data plan)
    -$100 (new-every-two)
    -----------------------------
    $199

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    >>Yes or No....can I get the 650 from Verizon, with the unlimited data plan, AND use my "new-every-two" promotion?

No. You can get one or the other, but not both.
    Quote Originally Posted by PruSucks
    Yes or No....can I get the 650 from Verizon, with the unlimited data plan, AND use my "new-every-two" promotion? Here's how it would work:

$399 (asking price)
    -$100 (unlimited data plan)
    -$100 (new-every-two)
    -----------------------------
    $199

Thanks!
    If you get the "right" sales rep you can get both, though they aren't supposed to.. It is possible for the rep to input both discounts into the system and it will take it.
    I have seen the same commercial on the Weather Channel and on another channel. One time for the Treo 650 and another two times for the Audiovox 6600 both for $299. The commercial shows both phones and lists either on individually at the end with the price.

Verizon claims they know nothing about and checked many sources. I think a decreptive advertising push should be intituted.
    I believe it's Instant. I got my Treo 650 for $299 from Verizon when signing up with the unlimited data plan.
    I was able to use NE2 and data plan rebate also to get to the $199 price
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Camel...where are you located? Do you get it online or at a Verizon store? Thanks!
    How did you guys manage to swing the NE2 and rebate? I went into my store and they told me flat out that it wouldn't work.
    Do you think Verizon is doing you a favor giving you a 100.00 rebate for signing up for "unlimited" data at only 49.95 per month?? thats $600.00 per year to surf the web on a 2" screen!!