1.    #1  
    i was wondering if exisiting customers had any lucky in getting Sprint to price match treo 650 pricing to either verizon's 299 offer or new user's offers (as low as 289 as on this site)? I tried today on telesales and the rep would not budge off retail price - something about not being able to change prices for exisiting customers.

i think this is a load of sh!t considering I've been with sprint for 8 years and I currently give them over 95 bucks a month. Any advice?

BTW, I've got a t600.
    www.bubblespeed.com
    Switch to verizon. Im serious...sprint does not seem to negotiate (especially when you are still under contract.)

I might switch...well see what happens.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Some of my friends swear by Sprint, but I found their stores I visited to be just like this - no efforts to make a customer or keep one. I've been with VZW since their existence and I only considered switching because I was waiting for the 650 - glad I didn't. VZW does make efforts and though they are pricier, their service is far better that I can tell.

Pamela
    You've got to realize that Verizon is taking a huge loss to sell the phone for $299. I would estimate the cost of a Treo 650 to Sprint or Verizon to be around $500-$575.

I'm not saying they shouldn't reduce the cost for existing customers, especially when they've been with the company for eight years. Just keep in mind the cost of a Treo is much, much more than $299.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJOrient
    i was wondering if exisiting customers had any lucky in getting Sprint to price match treo 650 pricing to either verizon's 299 offer or new user's offers (as low as 289 as on this site)? I tried today on telesales and the rep would not budge off retail price - something about not being able to change prices for exisiting customers.

i think this is a load of sh!t considering I've been with sprint for 8 years and I currently give them over 95 bucks a month. Any advice?

BTW, I've got a t600.
    Isn't that $299 offer for new customers which includes $100 off for unlimited data plan (which I understand you can cancel immediately)? My contract with VZW runs out in November and I was waiting until then to renew my contract and was hoping to get the "new customer" price then.... any advice? Since I'm so close to having my contract run out (5 months), any chance they'd give me the phone at this price if I was to renew a 2-year contract?
    i got mine for 299 and ive been a sprint customer for 4 years... but my contract was also up at the time. hey if your a sprint customer call this number and they will help you 1-800-658-7564
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Some of my friends swear by Sprint, but I found their stores I visited to be just like this - no efforts to make a customer or keep one. I've been with VZW since their existence and I only considered switching because I was waiting for the 650 - glad I didn't. VZW does make efforts and though they are pricier, their service is far better that I can tell.

Pamela
    My experience in purchasing a T650 from VzW was kind of that way. I've been a customer from day one (former Bell Atlantic Mobile), and the retail store wouldn't offer me anything. I was kind of shocked that they made no effort to retain a long-time customer who walks in and says, "I'd like to buy a high-end phone and data plan." I was sorely tempted to jump ship to Cingular.

I had to call telesales to get the $100 off for getting the unlimited data plan. The telesales guy seemed only interested in selling me picture messaging and overpriced accessories -- and shipped the Treo to an address that's four years old! That's after I told him my current billing address (and you'd think they would have access to that info, since it's correct on my bill). I caught it on the e-mail receipt and it was straightened out.

In the end, I'm glad I stayed with Verizon, since network coverage and reliability are important to me. But it wasn't a great upgrade experience. And now they've billed me for all the data minutes, despite the unlimited data plan (My bill is about triple that of normal.)
    Visor Deluxe -> m125 -> Tungsten|T -> Treo 650 (CDMA)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJOrient

BTW, I've got a t600.
    Yes- well sort of- see my post here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=86159. It was a headache to do, but I got what I wanted in the end.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Would someone please share with me how you can get the 650 for $299 from Verizon? Thanks!
    New customer signs a 2-year contract gets the 650 for $399....sign up for the unlimited data and receive an additional $100 off....I've read that you can cancel the unlimited data the next day and keep the additional discount.

Not sure how this works if you're already a customer.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Has anyone successfully tried this AND aslo received the new-every-two promotion making your total investment $199???
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    If you are already a customer you need to be at a point to renew your contract and then you get promotional prices. If you already have a family share plan, add a line to your plan and then get the phone at the promotional price as well. Granted you will end up spending the discount on the extra line over two years but you can get the phone sooner and pay it off slowly and have an extra line to keep in your car. But this gets pricey if you aren't on a shared plan already because you're looking at about $20 minimum to kick in more a month and less minutes..