1.    #1  
    http://www.forbes.com/personaltech/2...otix&referrer=

The two companies announced they have teamed with a privately held wireless-messaging company called Seven to offer Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. The service will allow existing U.S. customers of Yahoo!'s (nasdaq: YHOO - news - people ) e-mail service to access their messages wirelessly on several wireless phones carried by Sprint (nyse: FON - news - people ). The service will cost $2.99 per month and is available nationwide starting today.

The service gives customers an alternative to more expensive wireless e-mail products like the BlackBerry from Research In Motion (nasdaq: RIMM - news - people ). While the service is compatible with phones from Samsung and Sanyo, which don't have keyboard-like interfaces, it also will work with PalmOne's (nasdaq: PLMO - news - people ) Treo smartphones, which have thumb-operated keyboards similar to the BlackBerry.

Sprint customers will download software directly to their phones, and sign up for the service directly on their phones. No additional PC software will be required, and customers will be billed by Sprint.
    Cannot find information on Sprint's or Yahoo's website about this service. Anyone have a link for this?
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Thanks for the quick reply Dutch. Not terribly compelling versus alternatives.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Not to mention the new Yahoo application is 1.01 megs to add on the Treo. Not certain if all or some can be moved to card after install. Hefty application for email.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    What is the advantage to giving Sprint PCS $2.99 a month to have your e-mail delivered to your Treo vs. paying $19.99 for a whole year for Yahoo Mail Plus that turns your yahoo e-mail address into a POP3 e-mail.

$20 vs. $36 + taxes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx889
    What is the advantage to giving Sprint PCS $2.99 a month to have your e-mail delivered to your Treo vs. paying $19.99 for a whole year for Yahoo Mail Plus that turns your yahoo e-mail address into a POP3 e-mail.

$20 vs. $36 + taxes.
    Better yet, why pay for POP email access anyway. I used to use HotPop.com for pop mail until I saw the light with IMAP and Chatter
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx889

$20 vs. $36 + taxes.
    I pay the $2.99 simply for the push email capability which is what I have been looking for on my Yahoo! account. It works just the same for pushing mail to my Treo as BizConn does. I've been using it since it came out and have loved it thus far.
    Hey Xpgeek,
    When you say the 'push' is worth it, does that mean you get a new email arrived message to let you know you have email?
    Thanks,
    Nathan
    Quote Originally Posted by nathandunn
    Hey Xpgeek,
    When you say the 'push' is worth it, does that mean you get a new email arrived message to let you know you have email?
    Thanks,
    Nathan
    No, I mean the email itself gets pushed to your device using the Y! Mail application installed on your Treo. You don't need to manually check your mail or setup an automatic retrieval time like with POP3. It comes to you live as your account receives it. It functions the same way with push email as the Sprint BizConn software does just without having to run a redirect desktop client on your computer.
    I thought I'd give this a shot and so far it does not notify me of me emails until I sync it... and yes I do have it set to push the emails. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks.
    Same problem here. I sometimes get gibberish SMS but it doesn't push to my phone.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    I canceled it... I would get those jibberish messages as well... I had it with that crap... started using snappermail now. So far so good with that.
    I am adding the software, if someone wants to try it without having to buy it thru Sprint or Yahoo.
    I wonder if there is a charge to use it without the "push" option checked?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Resurrecting this old thread. I just downloaded this software and subscibed to this service and the push option doesn't work for me either. Has anyone figured out the problem here? I can't believe that after all this time Yahoo/Sprint/Seven haven't fixed this. Hopefully someone has a solution.