Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone have more signal trouble with the 650 than with 600 (or other phones?)
    i suppose that is determined by location of grnd antenna
    YES.

I thought my first Verizon 650 was defective, and had another shipped. Still fair, at best. I've got a family share plan with five Verizon phones (4 different mods including my 650) plus my old V60s makes five different mods. The 650 clearly has the poorest signal strength. All the other phones get max or nearly max bars in our house. The 650 goes from 1-2 bars.

No other phones drop calls, the 650 does....
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    where are you folks located?
    I noticed when I tested the Verizon T650 and my Verizonized one, the Sprint one actually had better signal and reception. I tested 3 of the Verizon ones for a few weeks and it constantly had 1-2 bars and dropped to roaming more times than any Verizon phone I had. That was a major reason why I returned them. I am in NYC so reception should not be a big issue for either phone.
  6.    #6  
    Yes I agree, where my 600 was fine, noticing 650 drops or fewer bars, didn't know if it was the phone itself, or the 650 in general.
    I work in NYC, live in Nassau county on Long Island, where I have the best opportunity to test multiple phones simultaneously.
    Ditto, kenorian. I'm in the same boat as you. Actually, my folks live in Nassau county Oyster Bay/Upper Brookville area) and I live in the city. I've been very surprised at Sprint's coverage as of late and have been disturbed by Verizon's coverage (esp. with the 650 - I have a Verizonized one).

I was thinking about picking up a Verizon 650, but I'm starting to worry about that based on people's posts here.
  9.    #9  
    I just emailed Verizon expressing concern about the problem. Has anyone else reported the problem?
    Hmm...weird...my Treo 650 does better than the two LG's I've got (6100 and 4600) and the two Samsungs (a670 and n330). Overall, I've been very pleased with the reception of the Treo.
  11.    #11  
    Trouble with signal strength, not reception
    By entering #*#33824 + "dial" (on VZW) there is a debug parameters screen that is chock full of all sorts of information that, properly interpreted, could yield a lot of information.

I did some searches on RSSI, which seems to be the key value. Some veeery technical stuff on some of the others, but gotta spend a lot more time searching.
    I thought it was just me. The indicator keeps frequently turning red on my phone. So if anybody is trying to call me it goes right to voicemail. I called Verizon and talked to tech support and they say it could be the building I'm in. It's happening even when I'm outside in a wide open area. It didn't do this when I had the LG phone.
    I've used both sprint and Verizon Treos in my area (home in the North TX area) as well as in travels around the country. I've found the Verizon device to be consistently better in terms of reception & signal strength.
    It's all a function of where you are, really....
    I had a VZW Treo 600 for a while and had shockingly pretty good signal and reception on it. I live in Westchester and drive into NYC each day for work. Could talk on the same call the whole way down w/o losing the call (34 miles). That is CLEARLY not the case with my VZW Treo 650- tons of dead spots and dropped calls. I keep updating with the *228, but no improvements. Frustrating, but to be candid, the whole set up process and transition to the 650 was tough (did it twice for wife and I). Still experience a few resets per week, had none on the 600 for mo's with a power setup, dheavy data usage, etc. May also contact VZW to see what is what.
    It seems like the NYC Metro people seem to be having a problem. Nrosser may be spot on here - it may just be a function of location, invariably.

To the folks who have responded (and others that may): exactly what plan are you on? (eg. America's choice, Nationwide, etc.) I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.
    I doubt it's the plan though, Illustreous. But to satisfy your theory. Americas Choice Family Plan here.

I have not had the dropped calls or bad reception with the Verizonize Sprint version but with the Verizon branded one so I don't think it's Verizon's service. I have alot of people who don't have as much problems as they do with the Verizon Treo 650s. I tested 3 Verizon T650s and they all had the same issues (drop calls, not receiving voicemails or calls, roaming alot, etc). Is anyone having the same results as I in terms of the Verizon's service and relation to their T650s?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    I have not had the dropped calls or bad reception with the Verizonize Sprint version but with the Verizon branded one so I don't think it's Verizon's service. I have alot of people who don't have as much problems as they do with the Verizon Treo 650s. I tested 3 Verizon T650s and they all had the same issues (drop calls, not receiving voicemails or calls, roaming alot, etc). Is anyone having the same results as I in terms of the Verizon's service and relation to their T650s?
    That describes me to a "T". Here in Fort Wayne Indiana, I can set my treo right next to my Motorola T720 and watch my treo migrate anywhere from "No Service" to three bars (and anywhere in between), while at the same time my Moto T720 never moves off a full signal. I'm not sure why, but the Treo definitely doesn't have the reception that my previous phones have.

It's a bummer, too, b/c the Treo has almost everything I need in a phone/PDA, but decent reception is kind of a prerequisite, too ;-)
    I'm assuming everyone is running the same PRL on their Verizonized and Verizon Treo 650's.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    I'm assuming everyone is running the same PRL on their Verizonized and Verizon Treo 650's.
    I am running PRL 50294. It was the same as the Verizon branded one.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast