Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have a branded T650 and AC and my PRL is 50295.

I should add that I've noticed the T650 pulls in a weaker signal than my old 600 or my family's other cell phones. I live in the DC/MD suburbs.
    Has anyone brought this Verizon's attention?? It seems as though the Treo 650, based on the discussions here, is rife with problems. My only hope is that perhaps the first crop of 650s that VZ/PalmOne distributed were extremely buggy. Otherwise, this is just bad news all around.
    wow this is pretty bad news.

i'm about to make the leap to a t650 (i have an xv6600 which i HATE), but i live in an area where reception is iffy at best, and the 6600 finally gave me decently reliable service over my old lg piece of crap. i can't go back to being out of service in my primary work/life location.

is this a problem with the treo? what do people think? should i get one?
    I am actually waiting for an update with bug fixes from Verizon before I think about getting the branded one again.

On a side note, when I was returning the second T650 because of a faulty headset speaker issue, the rep said she had alot of people calling to return the T650 because of various reasons.
    any idea when they will release a bug fix?
    Based on what I'm hearing here for the Verizon branded Treo 650, I would probably hold off until some bug fix is released.

Quote Originally Posted by mattkopko
    wow this is pretty bad news.

i'm about to make the leap to a t650 (i have an xv6600 which i HATE), but i live in an area where reception is iffy at best, and the 6600 finally gave me decently reliable service over my old lg piece of crap. i can't go back to being out of service in my primary work/life location.

is this a problem with the treo? what do people think? should i get one?
    what does a bug fix imply? modifications to hardware? software update?

how long would it take for something like this to come out?
    Software changes come whenever enough bugs are reported and the severity of them. They are usually released as fast as the providers are willing. Hardware fixes come more subtlely and over time depending on how long and successful they have been on the market. My old Treo 600 was Revison A when I first bought it and when I had it replaced, it was Revision C with most of the original problems corrected.
    oh, so if i spring for the treo now and it gives me guff, and along the way they release a hardware/software update, i can get the fixed up version? i hope that's not a stupid question...
    Software updates are usually done on the current phone but hardware issues up to the provider. And any major problems in the future you MIGHT have possibility to upgrade to a refurb newer revision.
    I live in central illinois and am having the same issues. I have noticed a significant difference in reception between my T600 and T650. The T650 reception is poor in areas that the T600 was fine. Also, a significant increase in dropped calls. I have also noticed that I frequently have 1 bar and when I connect to the web the signal jumps to full bars. very strange. Hopefully VZW will figure it out and release an update to fix.
  12.    #32  
    Everyone who has a problem should be calling or emailing Verizon so they get on the ball and fix the problem or they are going to get a lot of phones back. Mine has a weaker signal than my 600, but generally working fine, not dropping calls. My husband is on his 2nd new one (reported the problem within 15 days of initial purchase so got another new one not a refurb) and he drops signals and calls all the time.
  13.    #33  
    Anyone found a solution for the signal problem? Anyone gotten a straight answer from Verizon?
    this is total bs. must be fixed. is this a hardware issue?
  15. GXX
    I'm in upstate NY and in NYC a lot with a VZW t650 running PRL 50295. Haven't experienced any bad reception, haven't dropped a call or not been able to make a call since I got the device (5/26/2005).
    Here in Vegas I've had the same reception problems. Interesting enough we bought 4 t650s and 2 work wonderful, 2 have reception problems. I've talked to verizon a couple times. We need to all call and complain to get this moving. I don't know what the skinny is but its a big deal. Reception is critical and why most of us choose Verizon. Let's face it it wasn't for the price point.
    I'm in Harrisonburg, Va, and am having reception and signal strength problems. I upgraded from an ancient StarTAC, which almost never dropped calls. Can't recall that the StarTAC dropped a single call in my house; the T650 (Verizon FW1.01, PRL 50295) routinely does. Even when calls aren't dropped, voice quality is often degraded, sounding choppy.

I'm gonna install the recently released ROM update and call Verizon -- but these problems have marred an otherwise great device.
    Visor Deluxe -> m125 -> Tungsten|T -> Treo 650 (CDMA)
    This is really depressing. I am on my second Verizon 650 (1.01 PRL 50295). The first one was so bad--dropping calls, rebooting constantly, freezing, etc--that I returned it after just three days. The second one is much more reliable, but still horrible compared to my circa 1999 StarTac. My signal strength here in Boston (I live a mile from Fenway Park and work and travel around the metro area) was always rock solid. I virtually never, EVER dropped calls before with the StarTac. Now my bars go from zero to three and sometimes even four while standing still. In places where I had two or three bars with the Tac I now have zero or one bars and drop calls. I have frequent reboots and the sound quality is often choppy. I'm going to try the 1.03 update and hope for the best. This is such a bummer because on paper, the 650 rocks. When it is working I love it, but all too often it is not.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone
    This is really depressing. I am on my second Verizon 650 (1.01 PRL 50295). The first one was so bad--dropping calls, rebooting constantly, freezing, etc--that I returned it after just three days. The second one is much more reliable, but still horrible compared to my circa 1999 StarTac. My signal strength here in Boston (I live a mile from Fenway Park and work and travel around the metro area) was always rock solid. I virtually never, EVER dropped calls before with the StarTac. Now my bars go from zero to three and sometimes even four while standing still. In places where I had two or three bars with the Tac I now have zero or one bars and drop calls. I have frequent reboots and the sound quality is often choppy. I'm going to try the 1.03 update and hope for the best. This is such a bummer because on paper, the 650 rocks. When it is working I love it, but all too often it is not.
    What kind of case are you using?
    I'm not using a case yet. I still need to find one. I'm looking for something like what used to cover my m515. Extremely thin, but gets the job done. Why, do some cases make this problem even worse???
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast